It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One thing that puzzles me...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why are there hardly any alien abductions reported in countries like Mexico? Why does it seem like most of the alien abduction cases come from the United States? Maybe because the aliens like our genetics and only use Americans to extract sperm and eggs for their hybrids? It really puzzles me....

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think the answer probably is simply a matter of reporting. Generalizing here, but people in South America tend to be a bit more religious for one thing which would get in the way of any sort of report. They would tend to interpret the events/feelings in a way more consistant with their beliefs.

At the very least I do not think we can take what we know about abductions as more than just some rough ideas of what is happening. So any judgements based on what we feel we 'know' is not going to be much more than a guess.

Any information about almost anything has to take Culture into account, simple differences in perceptions can lead to completely different reports on an event.

A.T
(-)

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying and you have a good point, but it does seem like the majority of abductions are reported from the US. My theory is the aliens might look at Americans as the premire humans. Although if that's the case I think they're wrong....

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I haven't noticed a lack of abductions in the lower Americas. Go read all the humanoid encounters at ufoinfo.com located at the link below:

www.ufoinfo.com...

It may be due to the record keeper being hispanic, but a large percentage of the ET ecounters at that site, which includes abductions, are based in the lower Americas including Mexico.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Frith]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Are abductions occuring in England, China, Africa for example?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Are abductions occuring in England, China, Africa for example?

Yes there are examples of abductions happening in the UK on the site I linked to. Countries with less press, less free press, or bigger language barriers like China and Africa are what keeps us from hearing much of anything concerning UFOs, ETs, or any possible abcutions.

I would imagine if all things were equal across the globe concerning population concentrations, media freedoms, and languages, that there would be an equal distribution of abduction reports across the globe. As it is, the large diversity of how humans live create disproportionate amounts of reports from region to region.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The govts that are committing the most and worst crimes against the progression of humanity have the most to be exposed and the most to lose upon true public knowledge about alien visitation and intentions. They are the ones exaggerating the past abductions perpetrated by a few alien races (which these govts sanctioned in trade agreements!) and creating an ongoing tide of additional abduction stories by all of our visiting races.

The govts' goal is to create a completely confused, ignorant, detrimental impression of alien life in the minds of their publics so that the people will be terrified of any alien race, will not accept personal contact, will not trust what the aliens tell them, and will not believe those of us who know better.

With all the bad press, "any" attempted contact by alien life can seem like attempted abduction to anybody who has been exposed to the rampant disinformation.

[edit on 5/7/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Why are there hardly any alien abductions reported in countries like Mexico? Why does it seem like most of the alien abduction cases come from the United States? Maybe because the aliens like our genetics and only use Americans to extract sperm and eggs for their hybrids? It really puzzles me....

There are actually a ton of UFO reports in Mexico. I'm not sure if there is also a large number of abduction reports, but it seems reasonable. I do see what you are getting at, though. From what little I know about this topic, the reports seem to come disproportionately from western countries. Maybe it is some sort of cultural thing; perhaps certain groups of people are more reluctant to report such things. There is also the possibility that there aren't any alien visitations, and since the U.S, Mexico, Europe, etc, are more likely to have seen aliens in sci-fi movies, they are more likely to imagine such a story. There are tons of theories about why this could be, mine are only a very few, and I didn't even list all of my own theories.

If possible, I'd like to see some sort of statistics on UFO reportings/abductions. It would be neat to see the numbers, i.e. X American abductions, Y Canadian abductions, Z Chinese abductions, and so on. If anyone knows of a link to something along those lines, post it for us

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i have no idea but:

i think MANY "abductions" are made up...

people make them up to get fame or 15 seconds of it...

this means that SOME are "real" though...

IF aliens exist...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I was once going to post something similar along these lines but here is my two cents.

I hope no one gets offended.

I think the majority of abductions take place in america and in Europe because the aliens want white people for what ever experimentation they do. Now if they want to do some hybridization experiments, I think there looking to find one color for their hybrid species. So why white people?

Just think about it. White and Black people are probably the best genetically built people out there. I mean there just huge and muscular compared to mexicans, chineese, indians, etc. So thats a plus in that regard. Why would you want to create a species that is weakly built. In addition, everytime there is a scientific break through or some scientific genious on the rise, it is mostly an aryan person. That is not to say there have not been non-white people with scientific breakthroughs, and of coarse I'm not trying to say non-white people are stupid. Heck I'm non-white and probably the top chemist of my class. But I think there is some sort of preference that aliens have for white people as opposed to others. And I am only theorizing this based on the fact that every abduction witness I've seen on TV so far has been white. I would also like to see abduction statistics world wide. But in my opinion, I think abductions take place far less than what has been hypothesized by experts mainly becuase many people are full of it.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

My theory is the aliens might look at Americans as the premire humans.

Hahahahaha....Thats the funniest thing i have every heard. Yeah, aliens LOVE morbidly obesease people with high blood pressure and a vast array of health problems. Lucky thses guys have anti-gravity

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Although I am not going to dispute the fact that perhaps "they" may favor American sperm and eggs, it is likely that as Americans, we are more open and willing to share our experiences, no matter how bizzare they may be,
as we are not afraid to express our feelings. But, who knows?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
(...) based on the fact that every abduction witness I've seen on TV so far has been white.
(...)

You seem to forget the so famous Hill abduction case...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's obviously because the American population are the most obese nation on Earth and we know how these aliens love there intergalactic barbecues!

Hmmmmm, char-grilled leg of yank.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Oh please...THIS goes on all over the world!
It is just that the USA and Euope are more tecknologicaly advanced.....MUFON and such orginazations thrive with online abilities.
Countries that are behind in getting computorised have slower ways of reperting, usually to authorities who scoff.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
(...) based on the fact that every abduction witness I've seen on TV so far has been white.
(...)

You seem to forget the so famous Hill abduction case...

Absolutly! Barney Hill was a black man and his wife Betty was white. Not only did they recieve alot of derision for the claimed abduction experiance they were also hounded by bigotry.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just a wild theory would be that they usually pick America cause they know the language better. Think on it. If they where listening in on TV/radio transmissions from the beginning, they would get an overdose from America... And would probably be shocked when the alien movies/radio shows came out and wonder WTF kind of other species already got to the Americans, lol!

[edit on 8-5-2005 by merka]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think americans are abducted at a higher rate among the wold population because of the cesspool of chemicals in american bodies (put in our bodies by a joint government -alien experiment).Since human lab testing is limited why not let the aliens do it .

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Australia also has high numbers, as does Brazil...

Not a strictly American issue....

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I dont think thatits because America is special, I think its a mixture of the following:

1. 95% of abductions are either fake, or halucanigenic.
2. If you only speak english, theres a good chance your not going to read about an account in another language.
3. Alot of real abductees, dont come forward.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join