It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Locations of secret UFO files???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I have found a weird website / documents stating computer locations of top secret UFO files... It seems as though they are encouraging 'hackers' to try and gain access.

The links are:

www.worldofthestrange.com...

The second one is the most interesting. Has anyone else seen this before? Is it me but aren't the IP addresses invalid anyway?

Anybody got any ideas?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I personally can't make too much sense of it but I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a team of elite hackers...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Now that would be something!!

Hackers clearing out access to Government UFO files would be a great thing to have spread over the net.

I doubt it would be possible, you'd think they'd keep these files on a closed network not connected to any public communications to start with, but IF it was ever done, not even Karl Rove could lie enough to say it was all a hoax and no such files ever exsisted.

Something a good hacker should try for thou i guess, make it the 'hackers holy grail' and i'm sure they'd have a good crack at it.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I just found more information on it -

www.phrack.org...

Now this is on the Phrack website, so I doubt anything to 'out of there' would be on there, but who knows.

Yes it would be great if a group of some sort could gain access... Probably the most exciting thing to happen in the last 100+ years.

I read somewhere that the US have started up an elite group of hackers (Links will be added in a minute) - so maybe this is so they can protect against such attempts?

ADDED:

wired-vig.wired.com...

[edit on 4-5-2005 by MetalHead]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I have found even more stuff on the 'Secret Servers' - (I should make a page with all the links on!):

web.mit.edu...

This is getting very interesting.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The military uses a specific set of IP numbers. I believe they start with 189.0.0.0.

I dont think any of those IP's are valid military network IP's.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oh sorry, I didn't explain the new link... Some IP addresses from the first post (the secret UFO file servers) appear on that hosts.txt file I posted just now.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Don't forget some of those IP addresses could be internal IPs - What I mean by this is IPs that are within their local network (reserved ones).

For example, 192.168.0.1 is a local [reserved] IP address, and from looking at that hosts.txt file they have many like this. That would be a good way to keep sensitive data secret to some extent.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by MetalHead]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but here's another file from the same server as the above.

web.mit.edu...

It's titled "HINTS FOR GETTING MAIL THROUGH VARIOUS GATEWAYS TO AND FROM JANET"

I will read this file when I get home (At college at the moment). It sound very interesting.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
While this is exciting and everything, it's a fact that the most interesting ufo files (probably any file that confirmed alien existence) would be kept on a legacy based system...and the only way to get access to it would be manually.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
ill see what i can do about gettin ginto those and if i cant do ill find someone who can

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Come on. Why would the government put their most secret information in the world, information that if it got out would change the world overnight, on a computer that is connected to a network that is then connected to the outside world (Internet). Im sorry but I would hope they are not that stupid. You don't think the government realizes that no computer, network is 100% safe?

If the information must be on a network (to share with military personnel, scientists, etc) I would spend the money to create a totally seperate network that has no connection to the Internet whatsoever and have strict controls on it. That way I don't have to worry about people on a public network (like the Internett) from ever getting a chance to do anything or an accident happening that would allow access to the information.

If they didn't need to share the information often, I would spend the money and buy standalone PCs (not connected to anything), and if people needed to see some information they would need to go and physically sit at the computer and get it. That is the most secure.

It would be really stupid to think if the government has this information they would just put in on their regular network connected to the Internet. It would be far to dangerous.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by andpau66]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I agree with andPau66. There's no reason to think the government would put everything on a publicly accessible network. Even if they weren't worried about people finding it, they would still have to worry about someone hacking into their systems and screwing around with things. It is possible to make a fairly secure public net, but there's no reason to take the chance.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree with the above two posters, they would certainly not keep thier sensitive data on anything related to this Internet. I'd think its fair to say there's a 99% chance the military uses thier own Intranet for file sharing and data storage.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I believe that the government not to allow a flight of information of that style. On the other hand I believe that the information in question if it is possible to be found within its networks with exit to Internet but with a very high level of security, with a pile of firewall and DMZ A part of tecnoligia hardware.
To pardon by so bad my ingles

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
if you read anything into government "internet" you will find out what they really run. they have been using a new system, or its still being built, im not sure.

its a private "internet"

they have networks of computers but they are not connected to any public access whatsoever.

im sure there is some data out there that could be found, top secret stuff, but even if it was stolen, they could say its all a fabrication.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here is some help with military internet access.

link

Nasa on the other hand........ they are dumb enough to use public networks.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The military puts nothing sensitive on any internet connected computer.

Google SIPRNET to find out about the military's Secure IP Routed NETwork and NIPRNET to find out about the military's Non IP Routed NETwork.

Anything out there with a .mil or .gov will not have any sensitive information. Trying to hack into any of them won't get you any Top Secret Area 51 files, it will get you a jail sentence.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The Internet is a big place, maybe the logic behind it is... hide the files on a site nobody will ever look, in disguise.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
The Internet is a big place, maybe the logic behind it is... hide the files on a site nobody will ever look, in disguise.

anything can be found eventually, these connections have to go through multiple people just to be "public"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join