It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: 'Desperate Housewife' Laura Grabs Stage from Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Dr Love

There's no doubt in my mind that she had nothing to do with writing it, but her delivery and timing were good.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Dr Love]

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however only she knows what time the president goes to sleep at night, which shoots your theory all to haties.

Um, no. Her looking to her notes every 5 seconds tells me that it was written. It was well written too. Makes them look like regular people. Yeah, right.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Um, no. Her looking to her notes every 5 seconds tells me that it was written. It was well written too. Makes them look like regular people. Yeah, right.

But you got to admit it was funny.

None of our Leaders are "real" people. How many "real people" graduate from Havard or Yale?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They're such downhome earthy people- I laugh at George's routines all the time, and now Laura got a piece of the pie. Such fun people.
I cant wait to have more fun.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Anyone got an MPG or MOV or Mac compatible AVI?

I'm plug-in-poor.

Sounds kind of funny, but I can't watch it in the streaming format.

If you have Windows Media Player for Mac OS X, you can download a wmv here...

thepoliticalteen.net...

If you don't have Windows Media Player, a transcript is also available here....

news.yahoo.com.../usatoday/20050502/en_usatoday/laurabushfirstladyofcomedy

I thought Laura's roast of George was funny. I still think that her husband is a moron (and apparently, so does she!), but I got a chuckle out of it...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Jesus climb off the soap box a moment and laugh. I watched it and thought it was funny and I think Bush is an idiot.

Needed another admonish to circumvent the censors?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Um, no. Her looking to her notes every 5 seconds tells me that it was written. It was well written too.

Sure it was written that was not my point only they could have furnished the material, that was my point

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

Originally posted by Amuk
Jesus climb off the soap box a moment and laugh. I watched it and thought it was funny and I think Bush is an idiot.

Needed another admonish to circumvent the censors?

Hey man, that's my line.

BTW, where do you see Amuk circumventing the censors?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however only she knows what time the president goes to sleep at night, which shoots your theory all to haties.

Writing and providing 'fill in the blank' information are two different things entirely. Sorry to burst your bubble once again.

BTW, it's Hades.

Originally posted by dgtempe
They're such downhome earthy people- I laugh at George's routines all the time, and now Laura got a piece of the pie. Such fun people.
I cant wait to have more fun.

You're just a fun loving person dg, that's why I like you.

Be careful though, too much Boy George and Laura hilarity can make one loose control of their bladder and wet themselves.

Peace

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Terapin says:

And just what does the First Lady telling scripted jokes have to do with ATS??? Anyone can be funny with a paid staff of speech writers. Sure, it was a hoot, but when you consider that her husband has made a mess of the economy, is trying to give away the Social Security System to his Wall Street buddies, and is a lying War monger, I wonder why people let them selves get so distracted from more important issues by a good Jay Leno routine???

Good point, Terapin. Which brings up, by the way....

What do your gratuituous shots at the President have to do with ATS? Since neither Laura's jokes nor Dubya's handling of the country have anything to do with Spaceship Guys or Huge Conspiracies, it seems to me like your criteria for using ATS to push one's own personal likes and/or dislikes are somewhat ... flexible.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yep, I saw it too on the CNN very briefly - I liked this one:

But George and I are complete opposites - I'm quiet, he's talkative, I'm introverted, he's extroverted, I can pronounce nuclear -

I am glad that the First Lady can be able to deliver such jokes about her husband.

Way to go Laura!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I am glad that the First Lady can be able to deliver such jokes about her husband.

That's because her husband is a joke.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Originally posted by Souljah

That's because her husband is a joke.

Sanc'.

Yea I know what you mean - she didnt have a Hard Job finding these jokes!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I thought Laura was GREAT! I was laughing so hard my husband walked in to see what was going on. He is no fan of the Bush family but he really enjoyed watching the First Lady roast her husband. It was fun to see President Bush blush!

Great performance by the First Lady!!!

Jemison

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
He is no fan of the Bush family but he really enjoyed watching the First Lady roast her husband.

I'd rather see Boy George get roasted on Comedy Central. Those roasts are brutal!!

Peace

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'd rather see Boy George get roasted on Comedy Central. Those roasts are brutal!!

It's not Comedy Central and maybe not the same Boy George, but this is funny.

And a strange 'parallel' in the Q & A.

Sanc'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join