It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
We are still waiting for season 2 in Ireland but Ive seen season 2s first 9 episodes. So they were flying for 2 hours in the wrong direction? They'll never be found!!! Anyway, The Dharma Initiative must know where they are. And where are the others!?!

SPOILER

Because they must be in a similar hatch because Walt was using the computer!

Heres some interesting sites:
Dharma Initative
Strange Dharma Initiatve one....
Alvar Hanso

Also DriveShafts site says: We can hardly believe it's already been a year since Charlie went missing. At times it seems that it's only been 40 days since the disappearance of Oceanic Flight 815. (Maybe 43, tops.)

Weird huh? Drive-Shaft

[edit on 23/12/05 by Atomix]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oh sorry fot the double post but I think I found an easter egg! When your on the Alvar Hanso site scroll to the very edge of the page and leave it for a while then scroll back to the writing. Now there will be a letter there hmm.......

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
you could just click the picture also

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
On the Hanso site there's a hidden link to a Dharma Initiative video. It's on the active projects page and is just below the remote viewing project. If you move your cursor over the link it'll show up, probably if you highlight the whole page, too. Anyone notice that?

Here it is

[edit on 8-1-2006 by shorty]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ok, so after watching tonights ep, all I can say is "WTF?!" We finally saw the creature, but WTF IS it?! Echo's story was interesting, and explained the plane, but this one opened a heck of a lot more questions, as usual.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I agree. After watching this series faithfully i am about to give up on it.
We have all been tortured by each of the survivors pasts and never given alot of clues as to what is happening present day. I think it's going to be
The Matrix/The Cell (movie) type connection.. Bummed out in Ohio!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The file www.thehansofoundation.org... isn't opening for me, anyone got it??? (the letter)

D

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The latest episode was pretty good. As usual, it answers questions by opening a whole new can of worms.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think this latest episode was the best since the Season 2 premiere. Eko is the best new addition.

The staredown between him and the monster was awesome.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Apparently there's one secret that explains everything on the island.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
...in the VERY first episode, when the man gets sucked into the jet engine, which then explodes... a weird black figure flies through the sky and hits the engine. I'll try and find the .gif image of it. If any of you have it on DVD, just go to that scene and watch it frame by frame.

Finally found it! I was mistaken, it wasn't the part where the man gets sucked into the engine, it was the next engine explosion.

Here's an animated .gif of the part I was talking about.

And here's the first ten frames:

We, in England, have just finished the first series (last episodes were just shown). I have no idea what this shadowy figure is.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Actually, that is when the guy is sucked into the engine, I think. The second explosion is when Jack, Claire and Hurley are running away from the falling wing.

That's really weird, though. I had never seen that before - maybe because I have the 4:3 aspect ratio versions from the iTunes Music Store.

Nice catch!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are actually two figures in the above pics. One flys up the other follows closly and exits the frame towards the right.

And I present this for analysis.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
so it looks like it was the "monster" that brought down the plane. i know by the end of season two we will know for sure how the plane crashed and maybe even why it was crashed.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One of the writers, Javi, on the Fuselage forum (it's the creative teams official site) confirmed that the puff of smoke near the engine is not the monster, and the monster never appears in its smoke form in the first episode.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
so what is that thing that hits the engine? an error or something?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing something in the film reel, or something else on the island.

the monster does not appear anywhere in the pilot or in the other 48 days as a manifestation of black smoke.

Fuselage

Now it could be word play, but I have a feeling it's not. I just think it was something in the film reel or in the post production they didnt catch.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
also, there was only one engine explosion, it was the man, and thats the gif from it. There was only one engine in the crashsite. Also, I'm fairly sure that if anything, the swooping thing is an out of focus debree piece flying off something. Falling down towards the plane and blowing upwards fromthe explosion.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I do not think it is debris. It looks as if it had the intention of hitting the engine, as it swoops downwards and pulls up BEFORE the engine explodes. Also, I doubt a jet engine would explode because a human got sucked into it.

EDIT: I'm probably wrong though...

[edit on 16-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Mashup, good call on the backgammon. With these new episodes, you can see that there is a good deal of opposition, locke to echo, jack to ana lucia.

However, dualism is very easy to insert into things, it might not be, necesarily, something that was intended.

On the first season dvd there are extras. One set are the audutions. These are very interesting, because lots of people try out for entirely different parts. Kim's wife trys out for Kate's part. And a lot of the guys try out for Sawyer, like Hurley and Jack. This was odd at first, but if you pay attention to all the audition dialog, you find that Jack is really, at that stage, just "the Doctor", and that he gets killed rather quickly (not unlike how so many of the Others die in the first days for them too, more dualism? More insertion?).

So the show was pretty drastically changed to make "The Doctor" into the full character of Jack. This makes sense to me, because Jack and Locke seem superfluous, who'sreally in charge there eh!? Locke would naturally be the 'leader', or rather, chief, without Jack. Jack serves nicely as an actual leader though, works out very well.

So you can't put too fine an emphasis on some of these things, considering that when they were auditioning people there was no Jack, and presumably Sawyer had a much larger role. Heck, he might've been subsumed in a lot of what Jack ends up becomming. That might make sense too, it strikes me as slightly odd that sawyer went out on the raft, but perhaps a main and central character (in the no-jack version) would naturally go on the raft, and the story would focus on their (mis)adventures out there.

One thing that is great about this show, seems to really be stimulating some critical thinking amoung people. I don't agree with the analysis here, for example,
www.belowtopsecret.com...
but its definitely creative.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join