It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian shark?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's a 318 pound, 8-foot sturgeon.

www.strangecosmos.com...

[Edited on 29-8-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a lot of dang good eat'in I can tell you that much

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That thing looks like a HUGE OLE catfish!

I would have to say thats no sturgeon! Thats a mutated sturgeon!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sure does look catfish-like. Canadian PhotoShop?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It looks pretty real.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
That's a decent size body of water in the background, but I find it hard to believe that a fish that size came out of there.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Isn't that Tony Soprano?

=)

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outlaw
That's a decent size body of water in the background, but I find it hard to believe that a fish that size came out of there.

Your not looking at the whole picture. The water is a river, and that tuft of land to the left must be an island. Just look at how the water seems to go around it in the background. Absolutely possible fish in Canadas rivers can get that big, not enough people there to endander them...yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Something wrong with that picture. Notice the guys doesn't have any water in his hands or clothes. I think it is probably fake. And also check his clothes, its office wear.

ID

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And also check his clothes, its office wear.

You know it is a sad day when a man can't catch an 8 foot cat fish in his work closes without raising all kinds of questions.

If this is a hoax it is a great one. The creature looks rather like a cat fish (as mentioned above). I wonder if it derived from the cat fish family or the shark family. I am betting on cat fish as it would be very unlikely for a shark to evolve and look so similar to a separate species. Could it be a hybrid of some kind? I am asking as I do not know fish/shark genetics well at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The original poster said it is a sturgeon, and it looks like one:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You call that big? I swear, use to be bigger, then people killed a bunch off. But still, they can get bigger. Heck, Muskie can get bigger with enough time.

ID

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I must admit that the second picture is not nearly as impressive. It almost seams mundane in comparison to the first. And since when does Canada have rivers that resemble the Amazon? Look at the second picture, I have no idea Canada had that kind of terrain.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
QUOTE:
"HOAX????????
Something wrong with that picture. Notice the guys doesn't have any water in his hands or clothes. I think it is probably fake. And also check his clothes, its office wear. "

Well... if it is a hoax, the designer should be given some kind of award because the guy sure is reflecting well in the water... as is the fish. The hoaxer would have to have spent several days on this and would have had to be an EXPERT with photoshop as well as a briliant artist. I don't think the pic was photoshopped... a better explanation would be that this is a real picture of a fake fish... (like a dummy fish or a model) and EVEN THEN it's a damn good model.

And when's the last time you went diving into the water to get a fish... I can see they've already got a winch around the fish's tail... it is presumably dead... or REALLY tired... in which case... all he'd have to do is walk into the water and pick the things head up for the photo. Catching a fish that size is NOT a one man job... (obviously there a camera guy at least) So the other probably helped him reel the monster in and then he just went into the water for the pic.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I almost looks like nessie, from the over head video I have seen...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I received this by e-mail not too long ago from a friend in Sudbury who said the fish was caught near Manitoulin Island. A fish this size is possible in Canada, but it is not a descendent of a shark. It is a sturgeon. Also the second picture could very well be from Canada. That river looks nothing like the amazon. It is small, Canada in the summer looks just like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wait, in Ohio(if not US) Sturgeon are protected animals. You can catch them, but not keep them. Are the laws in Canada different?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Well... if it is a hoax, the designer should be given some kind of award because the guy sure is reflecting well in the water... as is the fish. The hoaxer would have to have spent several days on this and would have had to be an EXPERT with photoshop as well as a briliant artist. I don't think the pic was photoshopped... a better explanation would be that this is a real picture of a fake fish... (like a dummy fish or a model) and EVEN THEN it's a damn good model.

I'm not so sure...

1. I could do this in photoshop, and I'm no expert, though I am an artist.

2. The water around the man and the fish does not match how it should be flowing around them...

3. There is no water dripping from the snout of the fish...meaning he must have held it a while, before the picture was snapped.

4. Interesting fishing attire....

5. While the shadowing is good, it isn't perfect...look closely, and some of it should be more diffused, according to the ripples in the water...

6. As mentioned, he doesn't appear wet, or if he is, he's not "newly" wet, as parts of him would be, while struggling to raise a heavy fish out of the water....

I don't know...I just feel in my gut it's fake. Not that it isn't possible...there have been large fish found, but this particular pic leaves me thinking fake....

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Looks like a Strugeon to me - and bigger are well documented -

FWIW in the UK if you catch one - and there have been captures - it belongs to HM The Queen

Have a look at this one :

worldstar.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
See... how many times do I have to say it... it's a sturgeon! IT IS! And the pic is real, no faked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join