It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influx of UFO sightings 1973

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can anyone give me much info on the influx of ufo sightings in ohio in 1973? I know there was a flurry of activity around columbus ohio at that time. I'm specifically curious about activity around or in the city of dayton ohio.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'd start off with a simple Google search...

Google: UFO sightings 1973 Dayton Ohio

Here is the very first link from the google search that you may find useful...

15 Sightings of UFOs near Dayton, Ohio, October, 1973

Welcome to ATS! A little more research will go along way around here

[edit on 21-4-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ahh yes, the great wave of 73.

After years of ignoring the phenomenon with the closing of Bluebook, the government was again dealing with radar signatures, etc. Here's a fairly decent article on it...

mimufon.org...

But there are tons more. Hynek wrote up an excellent report on it I believe, try searching for that...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks -- I never thought in a millions years a simple search would have brought so much information. I didn't realize that the sightings in ohio were that big of a deal - or enough of one to warrant any info from a web search. Now I'm really wondering about some weird experiences I had while growing up there at that time.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You mind telling us about some of those experiences?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Its mainly dreams (in particular one dream) I had as a kid. Its all coming back now through tai chi meditation. I'm trying to sort it all out - I'm reading revelations (it may not be what people think) and when I get a better grip I'll post my dream then. At this time I'm still not convinced that the dream wasnt just due to the traumatic event of a young kid moving to a new city.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Oh, I can tell you that I had a continuing dream of being haunted by the invisible man when I lived in dayton as a young boy. I had trouble sleeping for a long time because of this recurring nightmare. I was later told that a lot of kids had nightmares about the invisible man. REally? If you find a link between that and the alien sightings of the early 70's let me know.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Best I can do is another google on the subject...

Google: dreams about aliens in the 70's

Here's the first hit:

DREAMS OF ALIENS AND UFOS

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Howdy neighbor. I'm in the Cuyahoga Falls area, by Akron.

Learn something new everyday. I haven't heard of the wave of '73 before, and it’s right in my backyard. Can't say what caused it, maybe you could get newspapers from the area at that time and see if anything stands out.

Ever check out the Hillsboro Ohio crop circle and UFO sighting in 2003?

Hint: Remember google is your friend.

new topics

top topics

join