It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Ballot Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is 100% real. I pulled up my sample ballot to look it over because we have a few supreme court judges that are up for consideration and removal and I looked and the very last thing on my ballot is this question below. how.. and I mean HOW does this even have to be a question? How is it that the country I live in and have citizenship in and have pledged allegiance to since I could speak has to put this on a ballot. This should should just be common sense. Anyone that thinks it is ok for an illegal immigrant or even a legal immigrant without citizenship should be voting should move to a third world country. They do not belong here. This is just silly that we are voting on this.

Oklahoma State Question 834

Oklahoma Citizenship Requirement for Voting Amendment

This measure amends Section 1 of Article 3 of the Oklahoma Constitution. It clarifies that only citizens of the United States are qualified to vote in this state.

Shall The Proposal Be Approved?

FOR THE PROPOSAL – YES
AGAINST THE PROPOSAL – NO

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTardis2

I agree it should not be needed to have an amendment like this.

The real danger is if 'no' votes win ... ugh. That would open a giant can of worms.

I just hope the vote goes for yes, which is really just a restatement of the obvious, as you have pointed out.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My Wife is from England and has been here for over 15 years has her Green Card she cannot vote. So why would any Illegal be able to vote or even under consideration.
edit on 25-10-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: TheTardis2

I agree it should not be needed to have an amendment like this.

The real danger is if 'no' votes win ... ugh. That would open a giant can of worms.

I just hope the vote goes for yes, which is really just a restatement of the obvious, as you have pointed out.

Thanks for sharing!

And we have a HUGE portion of those 20 million illegals. There are entire areas of town that pretty much look like Mexico which is nuts to me because if mexico is so bad that they all want out then why come here and make it look like mexico and fly mexican flags all over the place and act like mexico is where you want to be? I think more people would be receptive to some of them if they acted like they wanted to be here and wanted to be a part of what we stand for but they dont and I dont want them voting.

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Smart play by Oklahoma.
In many cities around the country, mostly blue but some red, they have been letting illegals vote in local elections.
Their rationale is that whether legal or illegal, they live there so they should have say.
It’s a weak argument but that’s what the left is good at, weak arguments but power to enforce their will regardless.
If this was in a bluer state, Soros would be pumping millions of dollars into it.
Oklahoma is just nipping this in the bud before it bears fruit.
Other states need to follow the lead here.

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Smart play by Oklahoma.
In many cities around the country, mostly blue but some red, they have been letting illegals vote in local elections.
Their rationale is that whether legal or illegal, they live there so they should have say.
It’s a weak argument but that’s what the left is good at, weak arguments but power to enforce their will regardless.
If this was in a bluer state, Soros would be pumping millions of dollars into it.
Oklahoma is just nipping this in the bud before it bears fruit.
Other states need to follow the lead here.

And we are one of the most conservative states that rarely ever has any county go blue. I believe in the 2016 election we did not have a single county go blue and may not have had in 2020 either. It would be very hard to move the needle in Oklahoma, but our proximity to Texas and Mexico means we wills till have a pretty large illegal population.

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

My Wife is from England and has been here for over 15 years has her Green Card she cannot vote.

I'm curious, after fifteen years, why hasn't she applied for citizenship?

Do you have children that attended public school? If so, shouldn't she have a say in school board elections?
Does she own property, own a business, work, pay taxes? If so, shouldn't she have a say in Mayor and City Council elections?

It seems like an easy, straight forward question, but is it really?

edit on 2620242024k52America/Chicago2024-10-25T13:52:26-05:0001pm2024-10-25T13:52:26-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

My Wife is from England and has been here for over 15 years has her Green Card she cannot vote.

Yes it is an easy question. Go to any other country and try to vote in their election without being a citizen. And the point you are trying to make it that this one demographic should be able to vote and I know in many local elections they have been allowed in some areas in the past but right now we are dealing with a much larger problem that you may want to ignore but we have been flooded with illegal immigrants over the past 4 years and they SHOULD NOT be allowed to vote in the presidential election nor should they have any rights other than the right to leave. Loopholes and loose laws are fine until someone decides to abuse them for political gain.

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm curious, after fifteen years, why hasn't she applied for citizenship?

Do you have children that attended public school? If so, shouldn't she have a say in school board elections?
Does she own property, own a business, work, pay taxes? If so, shouldn't she have a say in Mayor and City Council elections?

Here are some thoughts about this from another immigrant wife….

Jett said he thought of his wife while advocating for the state question.
Ana Jett immigrated to the United States from Brazil in 1999.
She became an American citizen in 2007 after six years of filing paperwork, completing interviews, passing a test and paying thousands of dollars.
Ana Jett said voting is a “fundamental and exclusive right” of a nation’s citizens. That right, she said, should be protected.

“For those of us who will go through the process, we appreciate the blessings of liberty that this country provides,” she said while speaking at a Wednesday news conference promoting SQ 834.
oklahomavoice.com...

My wife, an immigrant who has gone through the naturalization process, would agree with Mrs. Jett.

posted on Oct, 25 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well said. People appreciate these rights more when they had to work for them and earn them and they want them more. People that are given everything freely dont appreciate it and should not be given that responsibility. For those of us born into this country it is a right, yes, but its also a responsibility and we dont see it the same way other might.

new topics

top topics

join