It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove that you are not a bot ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
2024 : bots are everywhere, and ever increasingly difficult to spot.

AI images, vids, and texts, are more-and-more difficult to discern from "genuine" ones.

So on a semi-anonymous place like here, if a member accuses you of being a bot :
How might a human person prove that they are not a bot ?

I would like to hear some creative ideas please.

Remember : Doxing someone, or trying to get them to dox themselves, is against T&C's.

Please don't answer : " digital ID's for all, " because that is a sign of possible brainwashing, and that a person is blindly in the reaction stage of one of the present Hegelian-Dialectics, namely dragging us all into a digita l panopticon.

So how to approach this idea ?

No fingerprints, iris-scans, tongue-scrapings, nor facial-recognition tech.
No blood, urine, sperm, snot, nor poop samples.
No colonoscopies, no interviews with your most senior tapeworms, nor leaders of your intestinal bacteria colonies.
No driver's licenses, passports, medical papers, nor tax papers.

What is it that makes you : you, beyond all of those pale facsimiles ?

Your sense of humour, sarcasm, turning of phrases ?

We can neither see, smell, taste, touch, nor hear each other on here.

This was the sig of member defcon5 here in 2004 :

"Under REAL ID biometric facial recognition technology you become a number literally worn on your face - a number which is read by computer tracked by surveillance camera and distributed worldwide.” - Representative Sam E. Rohrer “It is not widely known that all states in the United States are “capturing” a digital facial image/photograph that is facial recognition compatible.” -Mark Lerner Constitutional Alliance

Perhaps "they" know who we are, yet we don't know who we are.
Weird eh ?

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ask them to check the box that best describes what they look like in a mirror. 😁

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
According to my cybersecurity person respond to a conversation with "Say Potato" and see what the response is. AI will not know how to respond. Otherwise short of sending some type of personal information or a selfie with a specific pose or something predetermined in it you cant. But we are going to ask CISA next time we talk and see what they suggest.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ah, dead internet theory.

www.forbes.com...

Watch alot of internet users moving to discord servers.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ask them to check the box that best describes what they look like in a mirror. 😁

Well Johnson : what kind of a box de we look like ?

A box of Corn-Flakes, a box of donuts, a box of hazardous "pharmaceutical-products", or a box of beer ?

Perhaps a box that got boxed a few too many times ?

A reboxed-box ?

A box full of boxes ?

A boxcar with Mike Tyson and his pet boxer ?

Mama's got a squeezebox, daddy doesn't sleep at night ?

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTardis2
According to my cybersecurity person respond to a conversation with "Say Potato" and see what the response is. AI will not know how to respond. Otherwise short of sending some type of personal information or a selfie with a specific pose or something predetermined in it you cant. But we are going to ask CISA next time we talk and see what they suggest.

Good idea : I think randomness is still distinctly human.
The lateral thinking, or perhaps there is a better way to describe it.

I do fear that "they" are rapidly working on them shortcomings, and the gaps are thinning daily.

You can count me in on doing 111% whatever CISA suggests !
I'm sure they have all of our best interests in their agenda, oops, meant heart.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I see 2 sets of traffic light and 3 bicycles , I am obviously not a bot.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Beep - boop -beep=beep-bop-beeeeeep

I repeat myself when I'm distressed, I repeat myself when I'm distressed, I repeat myself when I'm distressed, I repeat myself when I'm distressed, I repeat myself when I'm distressed, I repeat myself when I'm distressed, I repeat myself when I'm distressed, I repeat myself when I'm distressed,

Rush : The Body Electric.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
Ah, dead internet theory.

www.forbes.com...

Watch alot of internet users moving to discord servers.

Well : not exactly the dead-internet-theory, but that's in the same ballpark.

Also : I've always wondered why so many ATS'ers link to a mainly membership site, and institutional defender stalwart such as Forbes ?

I've seen quite a few Discord invites over the last couple of years, but haven't made an account yet.
Do they use some kind of green-check verified identity mechanism ?

It seems to be getting impossible to do anything online, without binging positively ID'd.

I ended-up getting spam and junk email for years, just because I was trying to get a stupid aquarium light to work.
The apparent only way, was to use my "Giggle" account, to download an app, to operate the light with my not-so-smart-phone.

Never got the bloody light to work, but the spam sure worked ...

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I see 2 sets of traffic light and 3 bicycles , I am obviously not a bot.

Oh yeah !
Thanks: I forgot to mention the "Captchas", and how I loved having to prove to a bot, that I'm not a bot.

It's like when the bank cold-calls me, then asks me to prove my identity.
I'm like : howzabout we start with proving you are who you say you are ?

During Convid : Canadian-Revenue-Service ( CRS) were all sent home to work, with brand new cellphones.
But their cells were not identified as CRS, nor and other special ID, other than their name.
The only way to prove that the agent was legit, was by checking their name, employee number, and phone-number on the CRS website.

One fella I had a couple of interaction with, and was doing my DD on, left me a voice-mail one day.
He was fumbling with new (to him) technology, and after the regular message, was trying to end the call, but couldn't.
He was swearing a blue-streak in a good old Newfie accent.
That's how I knew he was legit. LOL !

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I mean that’s a difficult question to answer. Are any of us sure we’re not some kind of bot in some kind of simulation? I mean it’s very possible, even likely according to some. However, in relation to this question I can say unequivocally that I am not a bottom. a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

new topics

top topics

join