It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Have Confidence in These Voting Machines ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

Are TX machine Dominion? 😀

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTardis2

Does Oklahoma transport ballots to a central counting facility? Or are the ballots counted at each polling place and transmitted?

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I haven’t personally experienced any fraud, but I’ve always used paper ballots; however, have been reading reports of votes being flipped by machines all over the country, like this one here in Texas.

x.com...

This report of time frame to count votes in Arizona is frustrating to say the least.

x.com...
edit on 23-10-2024 by JsnJln because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2024 by JsnJln because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Are there any systems left in the U.S. that have audit trail systems that trace back to each polling place? Are ballots ID'd to each polling place for audit verification purposes? If not, any vote fraud claims would have to "prove negatives" to get into court!!! THINK ABOUT THAT for a minute or two. 🥥🤡

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Dominion systems in 12 states. Dominion CEO says his systems (Software & Hardware) are terrible.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Essentially unless you can verify who you voted for online or elsewhere it's ripe for abuse. Especially with mail ins

Right!! What a simple checks and balances system if you simply go home and verify who you voted for online, and until you do your vote isn't put into the final tally. If we aren't gonna do paper ballots, that seems like the best way. But a voting day and a confirm your vote and submit day on paper is still the best way to do it so you don't have fake or dead people voting. And if the voting day and confirmation day totals aren't the same, u know you have a cheater.
edit on 23-10-2024 by AlexandrosOMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JsnJln
WTAF????

Already?
This early they do this crap?

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
How does one hack a machine that has no internet access?

I voted early, in Texas on Monday.

Registered voter for 16 years and this was the longest wait I ever experienced at the polls. I suspect record turnouts this election.

Went in. Showed my DL. They printed up a ticket with a number. You enter that number in a booth, then vote. Machine spits out a paper ballot and you hand it to a volunteer.

Put it this way, if you really believe that voting is rigged, don't even bother.

you are spot on. And if we can prove any voting machine was on the internet, we should be able to call that machine and it's counts into question. There is a really easy way to do that too. Each computer has a Mac address. Each one is individual, and identifiable to that machine. The internet router logs all that data. So a review of the internet router logs, and a list of the mac addresses would be a quick way to clarify things. No sooper secret data would be revealed, no voter history would be compromised, only the cheating that I firmly believe took place would be found. And if a machine was found to be online, everyone involved should be held accountable to any and all laws regarding election tampering.

Or would that not be fair to democrats?

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Democrats have massive faith in them

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Check out this report on both Dominion & Smartmatic voting machine manipulation.

x.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've been to the voting village at Defcon. That should tell you exactly how much faith I have in them.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust a digital voting machine. Even if it's not connected to the internet, algorithms can be manipulated pretty easily.

I always take a pen with me when I vote, I find it extremely odd that only pencils are provided in voting booths in this day and age.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Dominion systems in 12 states. Dominion CEO says his systems (Software & Hardware) are terrible.

Voting machines connected to a closed Wi-Fi network can have their votes manipulated by a laptop that hacks into the system, just like someone can access your home wi-fi network if they are close enough.

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
And everyone conveniently forgets how a (Professor, I believe, from UofM) (Not sure 100%) but a guy, in a courtroom, hack one in with a pen?

Holy heck I remembered!!!

The pen only unlocked the security panel covering the ports (it used one of those circular 'barrel type' keys with about the same diameter as the pen's casing. By pushing the pen casing down into the lock, you can sometimes turn the lock mechanism if the pen plastic is resilient enough and hasn't been overstretched/worn by repeated attempts).

The guy also had a memory card with a replacement operating system, program code and other software on it, to swap out the one that was already in the machine. Not exactly 'hacking in' remotely.

It implies you have replacement memory cards, one for each machine, that you access each machine directly, and the physical process looks like someone trying to disassemble the machine, and it takes a while (and a reboot), and it looses all the votes previously cast and stored on the other flash drive which gets removed when you put the new one in.

But, yeah, anything is potentially hackable. Even paper ballots can be 'modified' by just a pen.

Also, what happened to 'sharpiegate'? It seems that everyone forgot that pretty quickly when it was demonstrated that the ink didn't penetrate the voting forms as was alleged. Though I'm sure some people didn't get the memo and still believe that it was a problem.

edit on 23 10 2424 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Voting machines connected to a closed Wi-Fi network can have their votes manipulated by a laptop that hacks into the system, just like someone can access your home wi-fi network if they are close enough.

And which models of voting machines have Wi-Fi adapters?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join