It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American elections: a view from Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

During my time on the forum, I have never commented on the American presidential elections. But now I'm just fed up, sorry.

American democracy continues to deteriorate. If Americans from 1974 were shown what kind of republic of Banania their USA has degenerated into, they would be horrified. A huge contrast with Russia: if an engineer from 1974 were shown how we live now, he would decide that you and I have built communism... Latest news: tens of millions (!) of Americans believe that an unpleasant presidential candidate should be killed.

The results of a survey by RMG Research showed that a quarter of supporters of the 17% of the Democratic Party believe that the assassination of Donald Trump would be better for the United States.

link

"It is hard to imagine a greater threat to democracy than expressing a desire to see your political opponent killed," said RMG Research founder Scott Rasmussen.

This reminds me of an old story about a black civil rights activist who also called for the assassination of the president, several decades ago. When he was grabbed by the gills, he began to explain that he used the word "kill" in the Negro sense, meaning not "put a bullet in the head," but simply "send him into retirement."

As expected, long flirtations with the instigators did not lead to anything good for America.
Well, the final nail in the coffin of democracy and the "American republic."

Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish called on Americans to vote for Kamala Harris.

Swift's lyrical heroine is a woman who constantly makes mistakes in choosing men.
Eilish's lyrical heroine is a depressed teenager with mental disorders.

And this is the most accurate hit on the audience.
A significant part of the Democrats' core electorate are single women and young people with problems of socialization.

Another thing is that artists who make money on representing these categories should recommend psychotherapists to their audiences, not presidential candidates.

On the one hand, it is true - the electorate of the US Democratic Party is famous for its cockroaches in their heads. On the other hand, there are not many performers who sing about healthy people, that is how the modern pop scene is structured.

Show business fully reflects the trends in American society. Unfortunately.

Alas, my American friends, you will have to live with this((((

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
***ATTENTON***

The thread has a topic. If you prefer another, start your own thread.

Lengthy post bans for those who cannot comply.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

There used to be a time when different political parties had different approaches towards the same goal.

We used to vote for whatever approach we favored more.

Now different political parties have different goals, and we vote for whatever goal we favor more.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The state of politics in America is a direct result of social media. Some countries control that media with an iron fist..

America has a history of these things working themselves out but it will be a bumpy ride..

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

A view from Great Britain................. I'll take the American way of doing elections over the way Russian's do it every time.

* Just checking the windows are closed and locked and opening a brand new previously sealed pack of herbal tea.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Social networks are just a tool of the policy being carried out. Don't let the tail wag the dog)))

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Some people are to dumb to think critically and lap up all the "facts" for social media

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I believe that it's way more than 28% of the Left that wish Trump was dead, probably more like 80%.

When the Democrats and their supporters constantly compare Trump to Hitler, you know they have some form of mental illness.

Trump and his America First policies really hurt the stunted feelings of the Liberals, so much so that they think he is Hitler.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I completely agree with you. Especially regarding the assassination attempts on the US presidential candidate,

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I agree. Only these others are the same US citizens. Again, I want to warn against radical polarization of society. This is fraught with civil war. Russia has already been through this. This is the worst thing that can happen to the people.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a stupid question but you say "American democracy continues to deteriorate"and then go on to lament that fact-So are you a fan of democracy?
That wasn't the impression I have got from your posts in the past.

Anyway,America is technically a Republic not a democracy-that is a different system of governance.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

I don't know what conclusion you made from my posts on ATS. You can call yourself whatever you like, but the whole world knows that America sends its aircraft carriers and bombers for the sake of "the triumph of democracy." Or am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

I don't know what conclusion you made from my posts on ATS. You can call yourself whatever you like, but the whole world knows that America sends its aircraft carriers and bombers for the sake of "the triumph of democracy." Or am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There used to be a time when different political parties had different approaches towards the same goal.

We used to vote for whatever approach we favored more.

Now different political parties have different goals, and we vote for whatever goal we favor more.

Couldn't have said that better.

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

When the Democrats and their supporters constantly compare Trump to Hitler, you know they have some form of mental illness.

As is tradition.

Now it’s just one side is “fascist”, the other “communist”

🥱
edit on 22-10-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"but the whole world knows that America sends its aircraft carriers and bombers for the sake of "the triumph of democracy." Or am I wrong?"

Not trying to be antagonistic-But yes you are wrong.
The triumph of democracy is the excuse,not the aim.

I would say America sends its aircraft carriers and bombers for the sake of protecting its interests,making money and maintaining the status quo.

I don't see the triumph of democracy overseas as a core aim of the US.
In fact,in order to maintain their interests,the US has installed many undemocratic leaders across the globe often leading to far wose problems.

new topics

top topics

join