It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists created a human-lamb hybrid in 1997 and I have questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Are Dolly and Polly BOTH transgenic?

Obviously Dolly the sheep was a clone. I was under the impression was cloned from adult and embryonic sheep cells or lamb. So in other words, all sheep, just a clone.

Polly the lamb was another project undertaken by the creators of Dolly. This time they took human cells and sheep cells and mixed them together to create Polly. They called her transgenic at the time because she had human and lamb mixed together. In other words partially human partially animal.

I read two articles this morning and one seemed to downplay the difference between these two

libraryblogs.is.ed.ac.uk...

Since Dolly, other sheep have since been cloned from adult cells, as have cats, rabbits, horses, donkeys, pigs, goats and cattle. In 1997, two ewes were born at Roslin which were the first mammals to have been successfully cloned from an adult somatic cell (like Dolly) and to be transgenic at the same time. Scientists used cells into which a new gene had been inserted so that the animals produced a therapeutic protein in their blood. Polly and Molly built on the work that had been done with Dolly to demonstrate the therapeutic potentials of recombitant DNA technology combined with animal cloning.

Which this article totally skips over the fact that Polly had human cells used and not solely animal.

This article makes the distinction clear

www.newscientist.com...

The creators of Dolly, the sheep cloned from an adult cell, have deployed
similar technology to produce Polly, a lamb with human genes. Unlike Dolly,
whose genes matched those in the ewe from which she was cloned, Polly was cloned
from the cells of an embryo and genetically engineered to carry a human
gene.

Ian Wilmut and his colleagues at the Roslin Institute near Edinburgh say that
the gene manufactures an undisclosed protein that could be extracted from
Polly’s milk and used for treating human disease. Another two cloned lambs are
thought to carry the human gene—although their genomes are still being
analysed. “They all came from the same embryo,” says Wilmut.

Now I have several questions about this. First, they were trying to get some type of human medication or treatment or hormone or something by using the human cells to make Polly. What if they are doing that with all food now and meat contains something that is causing all these health and obesity problems in people. Second, HOW DO THEY "NOT KNOW" if the other two lambs produced from the same embryo as Polly also carry the human genes? Wouldn't they have to? If Polly does and they come from the same embryo? Third and this is in woo woo territory but come on guys we need something to talk about......what human do you think they took the genes from? Or the cells? Whatever human component they used, WHERE did they get it from??!?!?! And does this person know their genes have been mixed with a lamb to create some kind of hybrid lamb-person mix?

Why don't people bring up Polly ever? We hear all the time even still about Dolly. What about Polly? Was it just a bridge too far for science?

Are they still doing these things? Also, if this is what they could do 20 years ago, what are they doing now?!
edit on 17-10-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Do you mean the Amazing Polly ?

I wonder : do we not consume animal and plant DNA daily ?
Does what we eat not integrate into our body ?

Bonus question : for three points : name a couple of things that we consume that do not have any DNA ?
( Then please also post on topic, not to derail. )

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

I like her videos! I didn't know she had a youtube ive seen her on bitchute though.

Obviously I'm not a scientist and I dont know if what we eat integrates into our DNA or not but Polly was made in a lab with genetic engineering so its a little different than that. That would be like the horror movie Black Sheep not to be confused with the comedy Black Sheep. In the horror movie Black Sheep the Sheep eat people.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We have been instructed not to consume human flesh. Thats their reasoning. You are probably already eating it .

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
We have been instructed not to consume human flesh. Thats their reasoning. You are probably already eating it .

What does this MEAN?! Are you telling me you have inside knowledge? I was never instructed not to consume human flesh, I just don't because it's mostly illegal hehehehehehe and probably doesn't taste great.

[KIDDING I wouldn't eat human meat]

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh and water doesn't have DNA. Soda does though right because of the corn syrup?

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

originally posted by: visitedbythem

What does this MEAN?! Are you telling me you have inside knowledge? I was never instructed not to consume human flesh, I just don't because it's mostly illegal hehehehehehe and probably doesn't taste great.

[KIDDING I wouldn't eat human meat]

From got questions:

Cannibalism is mentioned in the Bible. Although there is no direct statement such as, “Thou shalt not eat human flesh,” the obvious indication from Scripture is that cannibalism is a terrible evil.

After the global flood, God gave Noah permission to eat meat. "Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything” (Genesis 9:3). However, God specifies that the “food for you” does not include fellow human beings. People are treated much differently from animals: “Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind” (Genesis 9:6).

Cannibalism is mentioned several times in Scripture (Leviticus 26:29; Deuteronomy 28:53-57; Jeremiah 19:9; Lamentations 2:20; 4:10; Ezekiel 5:10), but in each case, the practice is regarded as a horrible curse and inhuman act of desperation. Moses and other prophets predicted that, if the Israelites forsook God, they would fall into such awful degradation as to cannibalize their own children. These harrowing prophecies were fulfilled during the siege of Samaria during the reign of King Jehoram (2 Kings 6:28-29). Cannibalism was the physical horror which accompanied the spiritual horror of apostasy.

Cannibalism has been ritualized in some pagan cultures as part of a religious ceremony or cultural superstition. Thus, not only is the act itself wrong, but also the reason behind the act is wrong. For example, some people groups would eat the flesh of dead family members, believing that doing so would allow the spirits of those who had died to live on. Such cannibalistic rites have no biblical justification. The Bible teaches that the spirit does not remain in the body, nor does it wander around at liberty. A spirit either goes to be with the Lord immediately upon death (2 Corinthians 5:8) or goes to hades to be kept until the judgment (Luke 16:19-26; Revelation 20:11-15).

Murdering someone in order to cannibalize him (homicidal cannibalism) is undeniably wrong. But what about cannibalizing someone who is already dead (necro-cannibalism) in order to prevent starvation? This is not an entirely hypothetical question, as “survival cannibalism” has indeed occurred. Those who have resorted to cannibalism to stave off starvation include the Donner party in 1846 and the survivors of a 1972 plane crash in the Andes. However, given the Bible’s wholly negative portrayal of cannibalism, it would seem that self-preservation cannot justify such barbarism. Even in the direst and most desperate circumstances, cannibalism should not be a consideration.

In summary, while Scripture gives no explicit command against cannibalism, from the beginning (Genesis 1:26-27) God made it clear that mankind is unique and distinct from the animal kingdom. Mankind, created in God’s image, has a value and honor above that of animals. The Old Testament closely associates cannibalism with the final stages of judgment from God, thus marking it as a loathsome and evil practice.

There was human/animal hybrids before the flood. The purpose of the flood was to destroy all of those. He got permission to eat after the destruction of those hybrids. It also said that in the end times, it will be the same as in the days of Noah. Sounds like someone combining DNA again, and I suspect they have likely worked with ancient DNA as well.

edit on v43374331America/Chicago17b2431 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Bonus answer.

Pure distilled water. Clean filtered air. Mineral supplements, depends on how they are made. Processed sugar. Salt.

Not much else I can think of. Everything else is ether not utilized in the human body or has some DNA in it.

To live we must consume things that were alive.

Polly sounds like some of those animal experiments where they were trying to make insulin producers.

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Tap water most likely does. It has small amounts of estrogen, other hormones and contaminants that cannot be eliminated without distillation. The there is also cells of various microscopic organisms that are at a low enough level not to make people sick. They can't get everything out. Even the dead cells have DNA in them.

Kind of disgusting when you really think about it.

edit on 17-10-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Does reverse osmosis take that stuff out? I have a house water filter but now I'm worried I'm still consuming DNA and hormones!

posted on Oct, 17 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I did a report about the Donner party in school what a nightmare!

Hehe I thought in your other comment you meant "we" as a shadowy cabal you're part of that has instructed you not to eat human flesh I did not realize you were going Biblical with it.

join