It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Close Encounter of the First Kind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The UFO sighting occurred when I was 7 years old. We lived in a newly-built detached dormer bungalow on an end plot. We had lived there for around a year. It was a new area that was being developed (just under 7 acres) so my scant memories were living on a building site. For several weeks prior to the incident the houses in our local area were being visited by a prowler who would knock on windows or spy through windows were the curtains were open. I do not have any recollection of being frightened by this.

The neighbours around us, along with my father, decided to set a trap to catch the prowler. They deliberately left our rear gate open. They had devised a way to let each know when to go outside to try and catch him. It was around 7pm and I remember it was dark. The knock at the front window then back and my father told us to go to bed while he ran outside. I shared a bedroom with my brother which was the dormer bedroom upstairs. We had a good vantage point so we climbed up to the window to see if they had caught the prowler. We didn’t see anything so got in our beds. I remember my brother, who was 18 months younger than me, fell asleep.

They caught the prowler fairly quickly according to my mother. One of the neighbours who helped to catch him was an off-duty police officer. He arrested him and called for police assistance. It turned out to be one of the neighbours, an unfriendly man and a trouble causer by all accounts. I was not aware they had caught him and as my brother laid sleep I decided to climb up and look out the windows again. I looked ahead across the field but was immediately drawn to a bright light on the left side of my field of view. I turned towards it and realised immediately that it was a spaceship.

It was approximately 30-40 metres (100-130 feet) away at a height of 25-30 metres (80-100 feet) from the ground. It moved slowly, approximately 20 miles per hour, with no sound coming from it. The direction it was heading towards is south. In the image below the blue ‘X’ marks the property we were in. Please note this ariel view is not drawn to scale. The rectangles mark the property boundaries which includes the front garden and rear yard. In our case we had a large side garden as well which is not visible on the image below. The blue cross shows which side the window was located from which I had the encounter. The pale blue rectangles are properties that were in the process of being built. The small thickness grey areas are footpaths whereas the large grey areas are roads. The neighbours to the south of us were separated by a footpath.

It was a domed shape UFO in fact the dome dwarfed the other features. The dome was also rotating slowly taking around 5-10 seconds for a full revolution. It was approximately between 10-15 metres (30-50 feet) in diameter with a height between 5-8 metres (15-25 feet). The colour was like nothing I had ever seen before like a high luminosity gold. The one thing that convinced me, as an adult, that I had not been dreaming is the fact it was shimmering like it was here but not here. In Star Trek the terminology they use is ‘phase shifting’. This is beyond the comprehension and imagination of a seven year old. I did not watch Star Trek until I was 12 years old.

“Phase shifting, or phasing, is the process by which objects and materials can be placed out of phase from normal substances which can cause effects from invisibility to allowing objects to completely pass through each other.” ~ Star Trek fan website

I could not find any evidence that this is grounded in actual science.

My image skills are not at expert level but reasonable. I blurred the UFO in an attempt to create the shimmering (phase-shift). The legs criss-crossing I now presume to be landing legs. They were far more intricate and appeared above the horizontal section as well. There were not as many criss-crosses as in the image. The landing legs were also a darker yellow but with a green-grey hue. There were no visible windows in the craft. I didn’t see any aliens.

I stared in apprehension for around 10-15 seconds before quickly getting into bed and placing the blankets and sheet over my head. I don’t remember going to sleep, in fact I do not remember anything else from that night or from the days or weeks following the incident. This could be due to a period of mundane living with nothing standing out that would warrant a specific memory.

To this day the recollection of this close encounter of the 1st kind remains as vivid like happened yesterday. Only one question really lingers is why no one else seems to have seen something so close. We have a local daily evening newspaper. I did check in it for a number of days but can’t recall anything being mentioned

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Sounds like a vivid memory.

You don't report seeing any "visitors". I am open to whatever it is.

I do think the highest possibilities are

1) it is ours as the USA secret program
2) it is time travelers from a different time in Earth's history or Future
3) Tech from an inner Earth civilization

OR simply we are hallucinating, but that is the least likely.

So, with that said I am thinking it is tech gleaned from historical findings and the US, maybe Russian and Chinese have some of those too.

IF SO

The reason for holding it back is obviously so they can use it for clandestine operations that the people would not approve being done in their names.

edit on 12-10-2024 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

join