It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthur, King of the Britons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Would you believe that the LGBTQ+ crowd are trying to say he was one of them now?

Lets set aside the fact that to most people the guy was a myth, and let's forget that the 6th century in Britain was deffo not the sort of place for a gay chap to be going around being gay.

The Welsh council has now decided that, based on some of the stories around him, that King Arthur might have been a trans person... link specifically, because he is once purported to have dressed up in drag in order t get in and see a girl he was interested in.

Now, when I was a lad, to be Trans you had to think and believe you were the opposite sex to your birth one but by this method, every idiot that's ever worn a dress on a stag do is part of the LGBTQ+ blob.

edit on thpSat, 12 Oct 2024 03:10:00 -050020242024-10-12T03:10:00-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: Tie Pin

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

To borrow a phrase from the wokists etc isn't this a classic case of 'cultural appropriation'?

I like all the Arthurian legends stuff and have read and watched all sorts of things about the man and the associated myths and legends etc, as I'm sure many on here have......none of it suggest to me that the guy was trans.

ITV recently produced a series called The Winter King, I only watched two or three episodes. Merlin was Black as were many of the other characters and there were also Chinese and Indian people.
Absolutely nothing against any of them but the FACT is that Britain during the times Artur is believed to have possibly lived was NOT multi-cultural....its ridiculous.

I'm sure a few years ago the BBC produced a series in which Anne Boleyn was portrayed by a Black actress. I'm sure she's an excellent actress but imagine the uproar if Tom Hiddlestone was to play Kunta Kinte or Brad Pitt was cast as Martin Luther King?

The world's gone mad.

edit on 12/10/24 by Freeborn because: Oops, wrong man!

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I mean by that token we should soon be seeing a white actor playing Nelson Mandela, or perhaps Muhammed Ali etc. although, I’m not sure that will ever happen. I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah I couldnt get past the second episode of Winter King, which was a re3al shame because the stories have been my faves over the years, particularly the Stephen Lawhead books and even the Bernard Cornwell ones which Winter king is supposed to be based on.

The irony does strike me, that I a descendant of Arthur's enemies am so enraptured by the stories about him.

I was thinking a while ago about the idea he might come back in our darkest hour and how this, right now seems pretty damn dark...Then I remembered it probably only applies to the Welsh, the Cornish and those in Brittany, not the descendants of Saxons and Normans

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM19688
I mean by that token we should soon be seeing a white actor playing Nelson Mandela, or perhaps Muhammed Ali etc. although, I’m not sure that will ever happen. I wonder why?

I didnt even much like old big ears playing Ali to be honest
Felt like sacrilege, even though in the end he did a pretty good job.

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   

The Stephen Lawhead books were great.....been a few years since I read them, might have to revisit them.

I've often said we need a modern day Arthur to revive this nation.
As far as I'm aware its mainly Celtic blood running through my veins with a bit of Saxon thrown in for good measure.....doubtful there's any Norman blood in me.

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I expect you are right, if there was Norman blood we'd be living it up in Whitehall or somewhere like that.

ETA did you know he added another to the Pendragon cycle?
Not really that good to be honest but set in the modern day. Avalon.

edit on thpSat, 12 Oct 2024 04:17:51 -050020242024-10-12T04:17:51-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: Addendum

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Not only was Arthur gay he was also a black Muslim. Didn’t you know? Merlin was also a women and it was drag queen story hour with the “lady”
Of the lake. Who couldn’t give author the sword because knives are banned. The end

edit on 12-10-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Something tells me that aint making top ten on Amazon

top topics

join