It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Harris DOJ Sues Virginia For Removing Non-citizens From Voter Rolls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: RazorV66

a reply to: putnam6

FWIW this isn't new this is based on a law from 2006 by Democrat Tim Kaine, there is no time limit and the process begins when a non-citizen applies.

Well, it is new. Younkin did this by executive order.

The complaint alleges that the state Board of Elections and Virginia Commissioner of Elections Susan Beals violated the federal National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), which mandates that states must complete their maintenance program no later than 90 days before an election under a clause known as the Quiet Period Provision.

www.msn.com... ingNewsSerp

They only gave voters who are citizens 14 days to prove their citizenship and correct the error. It takes, like, 45 days to get a birth certificate through the mail, unless you pay extra to expedite.

Sounds like voter suppression to me!

What a shame.

If it was going against Trump, you would be dancing a jig and laughing until you cry.

How do you know some Trump voters' votes aren't being suppressed here? Why do you think only Harris voters will be unable to vote, after being wrongly purged from the voting roles?

LOL because don't you think if Trump had an inking he was getting shafted in any way he would be howling at the moon nonstop.

Search your heart you know I speak the truth here

Search your heart.

Since the State of Virginia has the names and information of the roughly 6300 non-citizens, they want to purge from the voter roles, if any of these non-citizens do vote in the federal election, they would be looking at least 5-7 years in prison.

You know I speak the truth here.

Respectfully thats all they have now, Virginia now has same-day registration ergo, they have to vet every new registration till election day, and thus they need more time for the rolls to be accurate.

FWIW there are also indications that each and every one of those removed receives a letter and email telling them exactly how to get reinstated as a proper and legal voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

So 6500 persons can show up at thier precinct with proper paperwork and vote, it will likely be on a provisional ballot but their votes count too.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes. It seems that Virginia has violated the 90 day that ensures that citizens who have been dropped from the voter rolls have enough time to correct that error. In the article provided by the GP there is no mention that that time limit had been broken by Virginia, especially in the quoted statement by Youngkin in which he stated that they were abiding by the law.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

FWIW this isn't new this is based on a law from 2006 by Democrat Tim Kaine, there is no time limit and the process begins when a non-citizen applies.

The complaint alleges that the state Board of Elections and Virginia Commissioner of Elections Susan Beals violated the federal National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), which mandates that states must complete their maintenance program no later than 90 days before an election under a clause known as the Quiet Period Provision.

They only gave voters who are citizens 14 days to prove their citizenship and correct the error. It takes, like, 45 days to get a birth certificate through the mail, unless you pay extra to expedite.

What a shame.

If it was going against Trump, you would be dancing a jig and laughing until you cry.

How do you know some Trump voters' votes aren't being suppressed here? Why do you think only Harris voters will be unable to vote, after being wrongly purged from the voting roles?

LOL because don't you think if Trump had an inking he was getting shafted in any way he would be howling at the moon nonstop.

Search your heart you know I speak the truth here

Search your heart.

Since the State of Virginia has the names and information of the roughly 6300 non-citizens, they want to purge from the voter roles, if any of these non-citizens do vote in the federal election, they would be looking at least 5-7 years in prison.

You know I speak the truth here.

Respectfully thats all they have now, Virginia now has same-day registration ergo, they have to vet every new registration till election day, and thus they need more time for the rolls to be accurate.

FWIW there are also indications that each and every one of those removed receives a letter and email telling them exactly how to get reinstated as a proper and legal voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

So 6500 persons can show up at thier precinct with proper paperwork and vote, it will likely be on a provisional ballot but their votes count too.

Those things should go a long way in the lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I didn't know you were from the lover's state.

So just say you want noncitizens in Virginia to vote Sookie, it's okay, but not everybody agrees, it's why the Democratic law in Virginia passed in the first place

The law requiring Virginia to remove non-citizen voters has been on the book since 2006 and the only reason it is this late now is for this election quite a few noncitizens are being registered to vote, you know like cheating.

Virginia only has so many resources to vett these new registrations

As one Virginian said if this was a few dozen it would be no issue but certain districts have 4 times that amount.

FWIW we are talking less than 6500 voters affected this clearly shows the Democrats think Virginia is in play and if even a close win it's likely that the Harris Walz campaign's internal polling indicates it is in trouble.

One, the stated reason for that law was to protect legal voters who have been dropped from the rolls enough time to correct the error. The reason you give above would suggest that even way back then in 06 there was a push to register non citizens to register to vote. Not only that but to do it within that 90 day period.

Now I don't know anything about the specifics of Virginia politics but that first reason to have passed that law in the first place makes much more sense than the one you suggest. Do you have any historical context or political debates from back then to support your much less sensible supposition?

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Non-citizens are not supposed to vote in any federal election...I thought that is the Federal law. My Son-in-law is a Resident alien, he is not allowed to vote in Michigan. Are they going to go after Michigan too? Seems funny that the Justice department is allowed to break Federal laws that actually allow it's existance. Should we be demanding that the Department of Justice at the Federal level be removed from it's position for breaking the laws of the USA?

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

They are desperate and pulling out all stops. They over-reached, and they know it...they are crashing.

I fully expect a volcanic eruption, next.

It feels that way but there is a long way to go.

I can't believe they were this unprepared and tried to push such an unlikeable candidate(s) at the last minute.

They absolutely had to go all in with bird brain Harris.
Hundreds of millions of donor dollars there and nobody remarkably better who would do it.
They’ll just enrich their liberal colleagues with that money.( lefty media, Hollywood, liberal influencers, advertisers, lawyers)

They know they can’t compete this time so it’s kind of shocking they are showing their desperation so much instead of quietly and nonchalantly just taking the L.
The real liberals need to boot the progressives who took over their party.
They were going to have to deal with Vance and DeSantis in ‘28.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join