It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Harris DOJ Sues Virginia For Removing Non-citizens From Voter Rolls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Biden Harris DOJ Sues Virginia For Removing Non-citizens From Voter Rolls

Out of all the issues our DOJ should be concerned about it does this?

There are many reasons the states handle thier elections and thus thier voter rolls, one of them is to remove the chance for Federal administration's interference.  FWIW this isn't new this is based on a law from 2006 by Democrat Tim Kaine, there is no time limit and the process begins when a non-citizen applies. The removal of non-citizens has been done in every Virginia election since 2006.

Funny it was fine in 2016 when Tim Kaine was the Democratic Vice Presidential candidate

x.com...

The Gateway Pundit
@gatewaypundit
·
46m
Biden-Harris DOJ Sues Virginia For Removing Noncitizens From Voter Rolls – Gov. Glenn Youngkin Responds thegatewaypundit.com...

The lawsuit comes two months after Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin (R) issued an executive order that codifies election security procedures to protect the 2024 election against intentional fraud.

Governor Youngkin’s policies include:

** We use 100% paper ballots with a strict chain of custody.
** We use counting machines, not voting machines, that are tested prior to every election and never connected to the internet.
** We do not mass mail ballots.
** We monitor our drop boxes 24/7.
** We verify the legal presence and identity of voters using DMV data and other trusted data sources to update our voter rolls daily.

Governor Glenn Youngkin responded to the DOJ’s lawsuit:

With less than 30 days until the election, the Biden-Harris Department of Justice is filing an unprecedented lawsuit against me and the Commonwealth of Virginia, for appropriately enforcing a 2006 law signed by Democrat Tim Kaine that requires Virginia to remove noncitizens from the voter rolls – a process that starts with someone declaring themselves a non-citizen and then registering to vote. Virginians – and Americans – will see this for exactly what it is: a desperate attempt to attack the legitimacy of the elections in the Commonwealth, the very crucible of American Democracy. With the support of our Attorney General, we will defend these commonsense steps, that we are legally required to take, with every resource available to us. Virginia’s election will be secure and fair, and I will not stand idly by as this politically motivated action tries to interfere in our elections, period.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They are desperate and pulling out all stops. They over-reached, and they know it...they are crashing.

I fully expect a volcanic eruption, next.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

They are desperate and pulling out all stops. They over-reached, and they know it...they are crashing.

I fully expect a volcanic eruption, next.

It feels that way but there is a long way to go.

I can't believe they were this unprepared and tried to push such an unlikeable candidate(s) at the last minute.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think Biden caught them flat footed. They knew he was going downhill, but they didn't count on it happening so fast. They thought they had time to get him re elected, then phase him out, Kamala takes over and they still have their puppet.

Biden having to drop out because of very obvious mental issues has caused them to panic. Harris and Walz are both seriously incapable to handle the coming challenges of leading this country, but they don't care as long as they remain in power.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:11 PM
link   

FWIW this isn't new this is based on a law from 2006 by Democrat Tim Kaine, there is no time limit and the process begins when a non-citizen applies.

Well, it is new. Younkin did this by executive order.

The complaint alleges that the state Board of Elections and Virginia Commissioner of Elections Susan Beals violated the federal National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), which mandates that states must complete their maintenance program no later than 90 days before an election under a clause known as the Quiet Period Provision.

www.msn.com... ingNewsSerp

They only gave voters who are citizens 14 days to prove their citizenship and correct the error. It takes, like, 45 days to get a birth certificate through the mail, unless you pay extra to expedite.

Sounds like voter suppression to me!

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I think Biden caught them flat footed. They knew he was going downhill, but they didn't count on it happening so fast. They thought they had time to get him re elected, then phase him out, Kamala takes over and they still have their puppet.

Biden having to drop out because of very obvious mental issues has caused them to panic. Harris and Walz are both seriously incapable to handle the coming challenges of leading this country, but they don't care as long as they remain in power.

Great analysis and assumption. Do you think Harris-Walz should have stayed out of the public eye, like Joe Biden did as the 2020 election neared? They are their own worst enemy at this point.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Biden having to drop out because of very obvious mental issues has caused them to panic. Harris and Walz are both seriously incapable of handling the coming challenges of leading this country, but they don't care as long as they remain in power.

I'll go further I think the Biden's insulated themselves and was trying to run out the clock and let him be the nominee, other DNC PTB couldn't dislodge him soon enough, and by design or unintentionally they screwed thier chances. With it running so late no free-thinking Democrat wanted to step up to the plate and have such a disadvantage.

Rumors of the clashes still between the Biden camp and the Harris camp so the chaos involved.

Now they are roiling out the Democrat 2 termers Clinton and Barrack for the late election push, but it maybe too late

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

FWIW this isn't new this is based on a law from 2006 by Democrat Tim Kaine, there is no time limit and the process begins when a non-citizen applies.

The complaint alleges that the state Board of Elections and Virginia Commissioner of Elections Susan Beals violated the federal National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), which mandates that states must complete their maintenance program no later than 90 days before an election under a clause known as the Quiet Period Provision.

They only gave voters who are citizens 14 days to prove their citizenship and correct the error. It takes, like, 45 days to get a birth certificate through the mail, unless you pay extra to expedite.

What a shame.

If it was going against Trump, you would be dancing a jig and laughing until you cry.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Wait what?

“Desperation is a stinky cologne.”

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Of course it does Sookie.

Of course it does.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I didn't know you were from the lover's state.

So just say you want noncitizens in Virginia to vote Sookie, it's okay, but not everybody agrees, it's why the Democratic law in Virginia passed in the first place

The law requiring Virginia to remove non-citizen voters has been on the book since 2006 and the only reason it is this late now is for this election quite a few noncitizens are being registered to vote, you know like cheating.

Virginia only has so many resources to vett these new registrations

As one Virginian said if this was a few dozen it would be no issue but certain districts have 4 times that amount.

FWIW we are talking less than 6500 voters affected this clearly shows the Democrats think Virginia is in play and if even a close win it's likely that the Harris Walz campaign's internal polling indicates it is in trouble.

edit on 11-10-2024 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

What a shame.

If it was going against Trump, you would be dancing a jig and laughing until you cry.

How do you know some Trump voters' votes aren't being suppressed here? Why do you think only Harris voters will be unable to vote, after being wrongly purged from the voting roles?

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The DOJ is suing Virginia?

I could laugh myself right into the funny farm on that one.

Virginia should pass a law that says it can't be sued by any
weaponized gov. agency that clearly seeks to harm any
or all the citizens of the United States of America.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   

What a shame.

How do you know some Trump voters' votes aren't being suppressed here? Why do you think only Harris voters will be unable to vote, after being wrongly purged from the voting roles?

LOL because don't you think if Trump had an inking he was getting shafted in any way he would be howling at the moon nonstop.

Search your heart you know I speak the truth here

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I didn't know you were from the lover's state.

Is that a prerequisite for posting in your thread?

So just say you want noncitizens in Virginia to vote Sookie, it's okay, but not everybody agrees, it's why the Democratic law in Virginia passed in the first place

People need to have time to correct mistakes that might be made when purging voter roles. If this was just regular legal maintenance, from a 2006 bill, why did Youngkin need an executive order?

Or, do you just assume that the government never makes mistakes?

Virginia only has so many resources to vett these new registrations

I guess it just depends on when you think it's okay to violate a citizen's right to vote. As for me, I don't that's an excuse to break the law, that you've referred to twice now in this thread, which is what Younkin's EO did.

edit on 1620242024k45America/Chicago2024-10-11T20:45:16-05:0008pm2024-10-11T20:45:16-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Harris/Democrats are suing Georgia and Alabama too, because those states are implementing measures to prevent fraud, or identify it after it has been implemented.

Georgia: www.cnn.com...

Alabama: www.dailysignal.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

LOL, why so snarky, it was an innocent question Im not a Virginian either so no it isn't required to post on the subject
though I have loads of friends from all over the state
FWIW
here's a list of DOJ voter's rights litigations they do this alot

Voting Section Litigation
Share right caret

Cases Raising Claims Under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act
United States v. Galveston County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2022)
United States v. State of Texas (W.D. Tex. 2021)
United States v. State of Georgia (N.D. Ga. 2021)
United States v. City of West Monroe, LA (W.D. La. 2021)
United States v. Chamberlain School District (D.S.D. 2020)
United States v. City of Eastpointe, MI (E.D. Mich 2017)
United States v. State of North Carolina (M.D.N.C. 2013)
United States v. State of Texas (W.D. Tex. 2013)
United States v. State of Texas (S.D. Tex. 2013)
United States v. Town of Lake Park, FL (S.D. Fla. 2009)
United States v. Euclid City School District Board of Education, OH (N.D. Ohio 2008)
United States v. Salem County and the Borough of Penns Grove, NJ (D.N.J. 2008)
United States v. The School Board of Osceola County, FL (M.D. Fla. 2008)
United States v. Georgetown County School District, et al. SC (D.S.C. 2008)
United States v. City of Philadelphia, PA (E.D. Pa. 2007)
United States v. Village of Port Chester, NY (S.D.N.Y. 2006)
United States v. City of Euclid, et al. OH (N.D. Ohio 2006)
United States v. Long County, GA (S.D. Ga. 2006)
United States v. City of Boston, MA (D. Mass. 2005)
United States v. Osceola County, FL (M.D. Fla 2005)
United States v. Ike Brown and Noxubee County, MS (S.D. Miss 2005)
United States v. Berks County, PA (E.D. Pa. 2003)
United States v. Osceola County, FL (M.D. Fl. 2002)
United States v. Alamosa County, CO (D. Colo. 2001)
United States v. Crockett County, TN (W.D. Tenn. 2001)
United States v. Charleston County, SC (D.S.C. 2001)
United States v. City of Hamtramck, MI (E.D. Mich. 2000)
United States v. Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District, CA (C.D. Cal. 2000)
United States v. Morgan City, LA (W.D. La. 2000)
Grieg v. City of St. Martinville, LA (W.D. La. 2000)
United States v. City of Santa Paula, CA (C.D. Cal. 2000)
United States v. State of South Dakota (D.S.C. 2000)
United States v. Roosevelt County, MT (D. Mont. 2000)
United States v. Town of Cicero, IL (N.D. Ill. 2000)
United States v. Benson County, ND (D.N.D. 2000)
United States v. City of Passaic, NJ (D.N.J. 1999)
United States v. Blaine County, MT (D. Mont. 1999)
United States v. Marion County, GA (M.D. Ga. 1999)
United States v. Passaic City and Passaic Count, NJ (D.N.J. 1999) Complaint Consent Decree
United States v. Day County and Enemy Swim Sanitary District, SD (D.S.D. 1999)
United States v. City of Lawrence, MA (D. Mass. 1998)
United States v. Cibola County, NM (D. N.M. 1993)
United States v. Sandoval County, NM (D. N.M. 1988)
Settlements Under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act
United States and Bennett County, SD August 16, 2024
United States and City of Chelsea, MA October 28, 2003

Cases Raising Claims Under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act
United States v. City of Calera, AL (S.D. Ala. 2008)
United States v. Waller County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2008)
United States v. North Harris Montgomery Community College District, TX (S.D. Tex. 2006)

Cases Raising Claims Under Section11(b) of the Voting Rights Act
United States v. New Black Panther Party, PA (E.D. Pa. 2009)
United States v. Ike Brown and Noxubee County, MS (S.D. Miss 2005)

Cases Raising Claims Under the Language Minority Provisions of the Voting Rights Act
United States v. City of Pawtucket, RI (D. R.I. 2024)
United States v. Union County, NJ (D. N.J. 2023)
United States v. Orange County, NY (S.D.N.Y. 2012)
United States v. Colfax County, NE (D. Neb. 2012)
United States v. Lorain County, OH (N.D. Ohio 2011)
United States v. Alameda County, CA (N.D. Cal. 2011)
United States and Cuyahoga County, Ohio (N.D. Ohio 2010)
United States v. Riverside County, CA (C.D. Cal. 2010)
United States v. Fort Bend County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2009)
United States v. Littlefield ISD, TX (N.D. Tex. 2007)
United States v. Kane County, IL (N.D. Ill. 2007)
United States v. Post ISD, TX (N.D. Tex. 2007)
United States v. Seagraves ISD, TX (N.D. Tex. 2007)
United States v. Smyer ISD, TX (N.D. Tex. 2007)
United States v. City of Earth, TX (N.D. Tex. 2007)
United States v. Galveston County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2007)
United States v. City of Walnut, CA (C.D. Cal. 2007)
United States v. City of Philadelphia, PA (E.D. Pa. 2006)
United States v. City of Springfield, MA (D. Mass. 2006)
United States v. Brazos County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2006)
United States v. Cochise County, AZ (D. Ariz. 2006)
United States v. Hale County, TX (N.D. Tex. 2006)
United States v. Ector County, TX (W.D. Tex. 2005)
United States v. City of Boston, MA (D. Mass. 2005)
United States v. City of Azusa, CA (C.D. Cal. 2005)
United States v. City of Paramount, CA (C.D. Cal. 2005)
United States v. City of Rosemead, CA (C.D. Cal. 2005)
United States v. Westchester County, NY (S.D.N.Y. 2005)
United States v. Ventura County, CA (C.D. Cal. 2004)
United States v. Yakima County, WA (E.D. Wash. 2004)
United States v. Suffolk County, NY (E.D.N.Y. 2004)
United States v. San Diego County, CA (S.D. Cal. 2004)
United States v. San Benito County, CA (N.D. Cal. 2004)
United States v. Brentwood Union Free School District, NY (E.D.N.Y. 2003)
United States v. Orange County, FL (M.D. Fla. 2002)
United States v. City of Lawrence, MA (D. Mass. 1998)
United States v. Passaic City and Passaic County, NJ (D. N.J. 1999) Complaint Consent Decree
United States v. Bernalillo County, NM (D. N.M. 1998)
United States v. Alameda County, CA (N.D. Cal. 1995)
United States v. Socorro County, NM (D. N.M. 1993)
United States v. Cibola County, NM (D. N.M. 1993)
United States v. Metropolitan Dade County, FL (S.D. Fla. 1993)
United States v. State of Arizona (D. Ariz. 1988)
United States v. State of New Mexico and Sandoval County, NM (D. N.M. 1988)
United States v. McKinley County, NM (D. N.M. 1986)
United States v. San Juan County, UT (D. Utah 1983)
United States v. San Juan County, NM (D. N.M. 1979)
United States v. City and County of San Francisco, CA (N.D. Cal. 1978)

Settlements Under the Language Minority Provisions of the Voting Rights Act
United States and Napa County, California, May 31, 2016, MOA (Spanish)
United States and Shannon County, South Dakota, April 23, 2010
United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (on behalf of the City of Worcester, MA), September 22, 2008

Cases Raising Claims Under Section 208 of the Voting Rights Act
United States v. Union County, NJ (D. N.J. 2023)
United States v. State of Texas (W.D. Tex. 2021)
United States v. Kane County, IL (N.D. Ill. 2007)
United States v. City of Philadelphia, PA (E.D. Pa. 2006)
United States v. City of Springfield, MA (D. Mass. 2006)
United States v. Brazos County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2006)
United States v. Hale County, TX (N.D. Tex. 2006)
United States v. Orange County, FL (S.D. Fla. 2002)
United States v. Miami-Dade County, FL (S.D. Fla. 2002)
United States v. Osceola County, FL (M.D. Fla. 2002)
United States v. Passaic County, NJ (D.N.J. 1999) Complaint Consent Decree

Cases Raising Claims Under The National Voter Registration Act
United States v. State of Alabama (N.D. Ala. 2024)
United States v. State of Arizona (D. Ariz. 2022)
United States v. State of New Jersey (D.N.J. 2021)
United States v. Oneida County Board of Elections (N.D.N.Y. 2021)
United States v. Commonwealth of Kentucky (Judicial Watch v. Grimes) (E.D. Ky. 2018)
Common Cause New York and United States v. Board of Elections in the City of New York (E.D. N.Y. 2017)
United States v. State of Florida (N.D. Fla. 2012)
United States v. State of Louisiana (M.D. La. 2011)
United States v. State of Rhode Island (D.R.I. 2011)
United States v. Cibola County, NM (D.N.M. 2007)
United States v. State of New Jersey (D. N.J. 2006)
United States v. State of Maine (D. Me. 2006)
United States v. State of Indiana (S.D. Ind. 2006)
United States v. State of Missouri (W.D. Mo. 2005)
United States v. Pulaski County, AR (E.D. Ark. 2004)
United States v. State of New York (N.D.N.Y. 2004)
United States v. State of Tennessee (M.D. Tenn. 2002)
United States v. City of St. Louis, MO (E.D. Mo. 2002)
United States v. State of New York (E.D.N.Y. 1996)
United States v. State of Michigan (W.D. Mich. 1995)
Commonwealth of Virginia v. United States (E.D. Va 1995)
United States v. State of Mississippi (S.D. Miss. 1995)
United States v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (E.D. Pa. 1995)
United States v. State of Illinois (N.D. Ill. 1995)
Condon v. Reno (D.S.C. 1995)
Wilson v. United States (N.D. Cal 1994)

Settlements Under the National Voter Registration Act
United States and the State of Alaska, June 13, 2022
United States and the State of Arkansas, May 1, 2020.
United States and the State of New York, June 20, 2017.
United States and the State of Connecticut, the Connecticut Secretary of State, and the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles, August 5, 2016.
United States and the State of Alabama, the Alabama Secretary of State, and the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, November 13, 2015.
United States and the State of Illinois, Department of Human Services, December 15, 2008.
United States and the Arizona Department of Economic Security, May 15, 2008.

Cases Raising Claims Under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act
U.S. v. State of Wisconsin (W.D. Wis. 2018)
U.S. v. State of Arizona (D. Ariz. 2018)
U.S. v. State of Illinois (N.D. Ill. 2015)
U.S. v. State of West Virginia (S.D. W.Va. 2014)
U.S. v. State of Illinois (N.D. Ill. 2013)
U.S. v. State of Vermont (D. Vt. 2012)
U.S. v. Territory of the Virgin Islands (D.V.I. 2012)
U.S. v. State of Michigan (W.D. Mich. 2012)
U.S. v. State of Georgia (N.D. Ga. 2012)
U.S. v. State of California (E.D. Cal. 2012)
U.S. v. State of Wisconsin (W.D. Wis. 2012)
U.S. v. State of Alabama (D. Ala. 2012)
U.S. v. State of Illinois (N.D. Ill. 2010)
U.S. v. State of New York (N.D.N.Y. 2010)
U.S. v. State of New Mexico (D.N.M. 2010)
U.S. v. Territory of Guam (D. Guam 2010)
U.S. v. State of Wisconsin (W.D. Wis. 2010)
U.S. v. State of New York (N.D.N.Y. 2009)
U.S. v. State of Alabama (M.D. Ala. 2008)
U.S. v. Commonwealth of Virginia (E.D. Va. 2008)
U.S. v. State of Vermont (D. Vt. 2008)
U.S. v. State of Tennessee (M.D. Tenn. 2008)
U.S. v. State of Connecticut (D. Conn. 2006)
U.S. v. State of North Carolina (M.D.N.C. 2006)
U.S. v. State of Alabama (M.D. Ala. 2006)
U.S. v. State of Georgia (N.D. Ga. 2004)
U.S. v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (M.D. Pa. 2004)
U.S. v. Oklahoma (W.D. Okla. 2002)
U.S. v. Texas (W.D. Tex. 2002)
U.S. v. State of Michigan (W.D. Mich 2000)
U.S. v. New York City Board of Elections (S.D.N.Y. 1998)
U.S. v. State of Oklahoma (W.D. Okla. 1998)
U.S. v. State of Mississippi (S.D. Miss. 1996)
U.S. v. Orr (N.D. Ill. 1995)
U.S. v. State of New Jersey (D.N.J. 1994)
U.S. v. State of Michigan (W.D. Mich. 1993)
U.S. v. New York City Board of Elections (S.D.N.Y. 1992)
U.S. v. State of Delaware (D. Del. 1992)
U.S. v. State of Michigan (W.D. Mich. 1992)
U.S. v. State of New Jersey (D.N.J. 1992)
U.S. v. State of Wisconsin (W.D. Wis. 1992)
U.S. v. State of Texas (W.D. Tex. 1991)
U.S. v. State of Tennessee (M.D. Tenn. 1990)
U.S. v. State of Colorado (D. Colo. 1990)
U.S. v. State of Tennessee (M.D. Tenn. 1990)
U.S. v. State of New Jersey (D.N.J. 1990)
U.S. v. State of Mississippi (S.D. Miss. 1989)
U.S. v. State of Oklahoma (W.D. Okla. 1988)
U.S. v. State of Wyoming (D. Wyo. 1988, 1989)
U.S. v. State of Michigan (W.D. Mich. 1988)
U.S. v. State of Idaho (D. Idaho 1988)
U.S. v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (M.D. Pa. 1988)

Settlements Under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act
United States and the State of Ohio, March 18, 2022
United States and the State of Kansas, October 15, 2010
United States and the State of Mississippi, October 15, 2010
United States and the State of North Dakota, October 8, 2010
United States and the State of Nevada, October 4, 2010
United States and the District of Columbia, September 17, 2010
United States and the State of Colorado, September 16, 2010
United States and the State of Hawaii, September 16, 2010
United States and the State of Alaska, September 3, 2010
United States and the Territory of the U.S. Virgin Islands, September 2, 2010
United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, October 22, 2008

Cases Raising Claims Under the Help America Vote Act (HAVA)
United States v. Town of Thornapple, WI (W.D. Wis. 2024)
United States v. City of Pawtucket, RI (D. R.I. 2024)
United States v. Bolivar County, MS (N.D. Miss. 2008)
United States v. Galveston County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2007)
United States v. Cibola County, NM (D.N.M. 2007)
United States v. State of New Jersey (D. N.J. 2006)
United States v. Cochise County, AZ (D. Ariz. 2006)
United States v. State of Maine (D. Me. 2006)
United States v. State of Alabama (M.D. Ala. 2006)
United States v. New York State Board of Elections (N.D. N.Y. 2006)
United States v. Westchester County, NY (S.D. N.Y. 2005)
United States v. San Benito County, CA (N.D. Cal 2004)
Settlements Under the Help America Vote Act
The United States and the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections, January 19, 2017
The United States and the State of California, November 2, 2005
Cases Arising Under the Civil Rights Act (CRA)
NAACP v. Reeves (S.D. Miss. 2023) Motion to Intervene
United States v. State of Texas (W.D. Tex. 2021) Complaint
United States v. Waller County, TX (S.D. Tex. 2008) Complaint Settlement
United States v. State of Georgia (N.D. Ga. 2006) Complaint Settlement
Settlements Under the Civil Rights Act
United States and State of Texas May 13, 2008
Amicus Briefs and Statements of Interest
League of Women Voters of NH v. Kramer (D.N.H. 2024)
League of Women Voters of Ohio v. LaRose (N.D. Ohio 2024)
Alabama Conference of the NAACP v. Marshall (N.D. Ala 2024)
Aquino v. Hazleton Area School District (M.D. Pa. 2024)
Vote.org v. Georgia State Election Board (N.D. Ga. 2024)
Republican National Committee v. Wetzel (S.D. Miss. 2024)
Singleton v. Allen, Milligan v. Allen, and Caster v. Allen (N.D. Ala. 2024)
International Alliance of Theater Stage Employees v. Mashburn (N.D. Ga. 2024)
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska v. Thurston County (D. Neb. 2024)
NAACP v. Reeves (S.D. Miss. 2023)
Chandler v. Allen (N.D. Ala. 2023)
Splonskowski v. White (D. N.D. 2023)
Singleton v. Allen, Milligan v. Allen, and Caster v. Allen (N.D. Ala. 2023)
Vote.org v. Byrd (N.D. Fla. 2023)
LUPE v. Abbott (W.D. Tex. 2023)
Coca v. City of Dodge City (D. Kan. 2022)
Pennsylvania State Conference NAACP v. Schmidt (W.D. Pa. 2022)
Colorado Montana Wyoming State Conference NAACP v. US Election Integrity Plan (D. Colo. 2022)
League of Women Voters of Arizona v. Lions of Liberty (D. Ariz. 2022)
League of Women Voters of Wisconsin v. Wisconsin Election Commission (Dane Cnty. 2022)
Missouri Protection and Advocacy Services v. Ashcroft (W.D. Mo. 2022)
Bost v. Illinois State Bd. of Elec. (N.D. Ill. 2022)
Carey v. Wisconsin Election Commission (W.D. Wis. 2022)
National Coalition on Black Civic Participation v. Wohl (S.D. N.Y. 2022)
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians v. Jaeger (D. N.D. 2022)
Rosebud Sioux Tribe v. Barnett (D. S.D. 2022)
Arkansas State Conference NAACP v. Arkansas State Board of Apportionment (E.D. Ark. 2022)
Florida State Conference of the NAACP v. Lee (N.D. Fla. 2021)
LULAC v. Abbott (W.D. Tex. 2021)
Mi Familia Vota v. Hobbs (D. Ariz. 2021)
La Unión del Pueblo Entero v. Abbott (W.D. Tex. 2021)
Rose v. Raffensperger (N.D. Ga. 2021)
Georgia State Conference of the NAACP v. Raffensperger (N.D. Ga. 2021)
Public Interest Legal Foundation v. Boockvar (M.D. Pa. 2021)
Grossman v. Galvin (Mass. 2020)
People First of Alabama v. Merrill (N.D. Ala. 2020)
Thomas v. Andino (D.S.C. 2020)
Coalition for Good Governance v. Raffensperger (N.D. Ga. 2020)
Democratic National Committee v. Hobbs (D. Ariz. 2019)
Kentucky Democratic Party v. State Board of Elections (Franklin Cir. Ct. 2019)
Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Institute (2017)
OCA-Greater Houston v. Texas (W.D. Tex. 2017)
NC State NAACP v. North Carolina State Bd of Elections (M.D. N.C. 2016)
Randolph Institute v. Husted (S.D. Ohio 2016)
Sanchez v. Cegavske (D. Nev. 2016)
Pidot v. New York State Bd of Elections (N.D. N.Y. 2016) Addtl Doc: (09/01/2016)
Greater Birmingham Ministries v. Alabama (N.D. Ala. 2016)
Action NC v. Strach (M.D. N.C. 2016)
Common Cause v. Kemp (N.D. Ga. 2016)
Brakebill v. Jaeger (D. N.D. 2016)
Poor Bear v. Jackson County (D. S.D. 2016)
Montes v. City of Yakima (E.D. Wash. 2014)
NAACP v. Husted (S.D. Ohio 2014)
Toyukak v. Treadwell (D. Alaska 2014)
Wandering Medicine v. McCulloch (D. Mt. 2012) Addtl Doc: (04/25/2014)
National Council of La Raza v. Miller (D. Nev. 2012)
Mi Familia Vota v. Detzner (M.D. Fla. 2012) Addtl Doc: (09/04/2012)
Samuelson v. Treadwell (D. Alaska 2012)
Petteway v. Galveston County (S.D. Tex. 2012)
Scott v. Schedler (E.D. La. 2012)
State of Florida v. United States (N.D. Fla. 2012)
Perez v. Perry (W.D. Tex.) Addtl Docs: (01/27/2012 UOCAVA 02/10/2012 Section 5 07/25/2013 Section 3(c) )
GA St. Conf NAACP v. Kemp (N.D. Ga. 2011)
Lepak v. City of Irving (N.D. Tex. 2010)
Perez-Santiago v. Volusia County (M.D. Fla. 2009) Addtl Doc: (11/23/2009)
Chicago Bd. of Elec. Comm. v. IL State Bd. of Elec. (N.D. Ill. 2009)
Morales v. Handel (N.D. Ga. 2008) Addtl Doc: (09/25/2009)
Dupage County Bd. of Elections v. IL St. Bd. of Elections (N.D. Ill. 2008)
Myers v. City of McComb (S.D. Miss. 2007)
Quiver v. Hazeltine (D. S.D. 2002)
Bone Shirt v. Hazeltine (D. S.D. 2002) Addtl Doc: (02/06/2002)
Singer v. City of Alabaster
Interventions to Defend the Constitutionality of the Voting Rights Act
Section 2
Nairne v. Ardoin (M.D. La. 2023)
Alpha Phi Alpha v. Raffensperger (N.D. Ga. 2023)
Section 11(b)
Fair Fight v. True the Vote (N.D. Ga. 2022)

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

What a shame.

LOL because don't you think if Trump had an inking he was getting shafted in any way he would be howling at the moon nonstop.

Search your heart you know I speak the truth here

Search your heart.

Since the State of Virginia has the names and information of the roughly 6300 non-citizens, they want to purge from the voter roles, if any of these non-citizens do vote in the federal election, they would be looking at least 5-7 years in prison.

You know I speak the truth here.

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Good to know that it's not just the ACLU that's launching lawsuits to protect our civil rights! I see a list of suits were "settled". Now, how many were won and how many were lost?

posted on Oct, 11 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It seems if Virginia allows last minute registrations it may not be subject to National Voter Registration Act, some states are not subject to NVRA like Wisconsin, you know that state where the 2020 election turned in the late night and early morning hours of November 5th and 6th

and lo and behold they do allow same-day registration

virginiamercury.com... › 2022 › 07 › 13 › same-day-voter-registration-is-coming-to-virginia-heres-how-itll-work
Same-day voter registration is coming to Virginia. Here's how it'll ...
Same-day voter registration is taking effect in the state in time for the congressional midterms in November, a significant shift from the way Virginia elections have worked in the past. Instead of the voter registration window closing about three weeks out from an election

www.cnn.com...

Lawsuits over voter roll access
Not all states are subject to the NVRA, something that has also spurred litigation this year. The federal law exempts some states if they allow voter registration on Election Day at polling centers where federal elections are conducted.

In the battleground state of Wisconsin, which is totally exempt from the NVRA, a right-leaning group is trying to get a federal court to order the state to allow the public to inspect certain records related to the maintenance of voter rolls.

The group, called the Public Interest Legal Foundation, has said that it used such records in other states to examine “the programs and activities of state and local election officials to determine whether lawful efforts are being made to keep voter rolls current and accurate.”

J. Christian Adams, the group’s president and general counsel, told CNN that his group’s aim is to “help states fix large and small mistakes” on their voter rolls and that Wisconsin’s exemption to the NVRA undermines Congress’ intent with the law – even though the statute has always provided an exemption for certain states.

“We just want transparency to apply to 50 states, not 44,” he said.

Last month, the Justice Department stepped into the case to defend the NVRA’s exemption.

edit on 11-10-2024 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join