It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk movies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What are some movies you guys like? I was watching Stargate the other night and James Spader I just love him I love Weekend at Bernie's 2 and Weekend at Bernie's. I like the second one better though.

I like the National Lampoon European Vacation. "We'll be pigs!" I don't know why it is my favorite one I think it is the funniest one.

Home Alone is one of my favorite Christmas movies I always tell my cat when he's being bad I'll say "I'm gonna make you sleep with Fuller and you know he wets the bed" hehehehehe.

Adaptation is another one that is good. I can say the book the movie is based on is called "The Orchid Thief" and is really pretty good.

I think A Mighty Wind is hilarious and if you like folk music and laughing you need to watch this movie.

Bridges of Madison County I tend not to watch overly dramatic movies because who wants a downer? This one is kind of depressing all the way around, the book is good but just like the movie, somewhat depressing. But I just like it and I think it's just the acting which is excellent by Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood.

Chicken Little this is an animated film for kids but it is SO funny to me. I saw it when it came out in the theater and it is still just one of my favorite funny movies. I just love the pig character so much.

I did enjoy a recent movie which I have forgotten the name of, starring Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones as father son astronauts this movie was neat because Tommy Lee Jones was sent to Neptune to see if there's other life in the universe they didn't find it but Tommy Lee Jones didn't want to come back to earth, he wanted to keep going into space so his crew mutinied against him and he killed them all. Then his son [Brad Pitt's character] goes to Neptune and finds him and tries to bring him back but he sabotages it. I found the movie pretty unbelievable yet also neat. If anybody has seen this movie and knows the name of it I would like to know so I can watch it again!

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The princess bride. It has everything a movie should have in it, in it 👍

Slamin Salmon is another movie I found hilarious. Surf and turf and turf and turf. Mungo is mental.
a reply to: Shoshanna

edit on 7-10-2024 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Let's talk movies!

Let's do....

One you might enjoy. I had 19days on this one....SAG/AFTRA

My first TV as crew long time ago....

Notice the location is the same.....It's almost in my backyard.

Started driving and doing Extra work in film in 2000...... Now Union Strong, Union Proud!
...SAG/AFTRA and IATSE
edit on 7-10-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I like old sci fi the best but people have seen most of them so I won’t list any.

There are other movies people haven’t seen, on not as much, that I will put below.

“Odd Thomas”
“Grabbers”
“UHF”
“D.E.B.S”
“Never cry wolf”
“Super troopers”
“Death proof”

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Movies I'd like to share.

Tenet
Ford vs Ferrari
The Kings Speech
Hidden Figures
The Green Book

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Network (1976), They Live (1988), Three Days of the Condor (1975), V for Vendetta (2005), 1984 (1984), Dr. Strangelove (1964) and Idiocracy (2006) are must watches for anybody visiting this forum.

Battle Royale (2000) has had a huge impact on popular culture by inspiring the likes of The Hunger Games and Fortnite. Great dystopian Japanese movie.

The Platform (2019) and The Mill (2023) are great social commentary films with a trapped Saw-like vibe.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

A refreshing thread!

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

12 Monkeys is still in my top ten.

Love old sci-fi, or new ones that are fresh.

Arrival was a phenomenal new sci-fi addition.

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If you like James Spader, The Blacklist is a must see.

Probably the best TV show I've seen in the last 25 years, if not longer.

top topics

join