It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher, Fran Lebowitz express utter disdain for "unintelligent" rural folk.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Okay, I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers, but I have a very serious question. Why do people like Maher, Lebowitz, and Harari believe they are intellectually superior to men and women like me? None of those people had to take trigonometry to get their college educations, much less differential equations! Maher and Harari are freaking History Majors. Lebowitz, by her own admission, failed high school algebra six times. Six!

I have degree in Chemistry with strong minors in Engineering Physics, Mathematics, and Biology. I also have AAS in Paramedic and Fire Science Technology. And an Industrial Electronics certificate. I also took a course in Broadcast Engineering to compliment my Network Engineering skills, which led to my current role in cyber security. Yet, I'm most proud of being a good carpenter! I took carpentry, masonry, and electric at my Vo-tech in high school.

I don't consider myself 'superior' to anyone. But, I definitely and more useful than two failed actors and an academic if we are in a crisis. So, why all this disdain for the "fly over state" "Trump People"?

I mean, I'm just voting for Trump because Tulsi's not running and I think my vote likely doesn't mean jack squat, but abdicating that role as a voter just let's them know they beat you! That you've surrender to the whims of others and can no longer stomach the process.

I just don't get it.
edit on 6-10-2024 by QuixoticNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Bill Maher, typically egocentric democrat, they think themselves above the rest of the nation, they are part of the group that help dumb down the population.

He call himself neutral but is well known he votes and support democrat views.

It was a time that I use to enjoy his show, but then it was a time that I voted democrat also.

No anymore to either and never again.

I think the only reason he does not call himself a full democrat is because he cannot forgive Bill Clinton for snubbing him after promising that he would appear on Maher show, until this day he has done none.

I forgot he sometimes call himself libertarian.

He is a chameleon, thankfully he will never run for candidate to anything unless is for the democrats.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: QuixoticNinja

I gotta laugh at folks like this. Let all us blue collar folks disappear and see how fast they whine. There are far too many like him who think food comes from a grocery store and meat just magically appears in the deli case.

To them, hard times is when there's an avocado shortage.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Don't let it bother you.
Just a version of "hate the nerd" from high school, putting others down to try to feel better about themselves.

1. They have arts degrees = useless basket weaving folks
2. Most cities have become utter sewers, a country-side 50 acre lot with a house is much better than their 1000 sq ft condo with a view on the ghetto
3. Delusion of superiority/grandeur ; Harari is also a historian, Sorry/not sorry BASKET WEAVING DEGREE. He's also a eugenicist despite being jewish. The near totality of the modern world came out of Europe, so he should not try to push his jewish superiority delusions too far.

Yep
They hate the nerd, but cybersecurity pays 6 figures and is a lot more useful to society.
Conversely, their yapping on late night TV is totally expendable.....

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ya, those three self proclaimed intellectuals are the real “useless eaters” and contribute useless fluff to society.

If they were to cease existing tomorrow civilization wouldn’t skip a beat.

Not so much the trash collector or the farmer.

I realized long ago that a person’s IQ has little to do with career choice.

edit on 6-10-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Most leftists have utter disdain for those who don't think like them.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Funny the candidate who says tax the rich - has them all on her side ....

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

In a shock revelation:

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You seem to be equating yourself with the bottom of the bell-curve.

The truth is, that half the people in the USA are of below average intelligence.

If you were to extend the criteria on intellectual average to the entire first-world (where education is ubiquitous), more than half the people in the USA are below average.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I’d argue any metropolitan individual is far less informed, less self sufficient and overall less capable.

Jesus Christ people eat a little ethnic food in the city and next thing you know they think their Marko Polo.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Using your own logic and standards if you examine some Africa countries you will find “average” is actually retarded by the western standard.

Neat eh?
a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Using your own logic and standards if you examine some Africa countries you will find “average” is actually retarded by the western standard.

Neat eh?

Amazing! By using 'Western standards', you have clearly identified that 'non-Western countries' aren't very 'Western'.

Who'd have thunk it?

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Your funny dude, many of those "unintelligent" people can fix a car, plant and tend crops, do plumbing, electrical work etc..

School time cannot encompass all aspects of intelligence.

You really should let go of your hate, you will be happier.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

This study seems to suggest the city gets their smarts from the country folks.

Which brings up perhaps Jokela’s most interesting finding: The very highest IQ levels were found not among people who grew up in city centers but among those who grew up in rural areas and ended up in cities. That suggests longer migration distances into the city “require individuals to have increasingly high IQ to make the move,” he says. Call them restless intellects if you will. Just don’t call them country bumpkins.

qz.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

wouldnt surprise me, growing up in the sticks you often have to figure out a variety of issues yourself (like the folks in some part of Appalachia that built their own road so people could get out), school has the tendency to teach you to think in a very linear fashion.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   

In my many years, I've many times noticed that feature in the heritage of some folks. I've never decided if it is taught, a self assumption, or inbred.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

top topics

join