It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma mandates Bibles in public classrooms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Lots of history in the bible.
They still teach history in Oklahoma schools, don't they?

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
My apologies to any members here who were unaware that Trump is selling Bibles now commonly known as the ''Trump Bible''

Thank you! I really enjoyed what Donald had to say. With Christianity comes freedom. All others lead to bondage

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Biblical literacy has a place. If kids knew the Bible better they wouldn't fall for what preachers were telling them.

On the other hand: Just how are teachers to explain some not suitable for children passages.

A 5th grader asks:
"What's a concubine?"
"Why did the Levite cut his concubine into 12 pieces?"
"Is it right to kill a whole tribe because they didn't help destroy one of their own towns?"
"Should we practice rounding up virgins from neighboring towns and leaving them to be taken by incels?"

Maybe each student should be issued a personal Bible to read at home so they can ask their parents those and other questions. I don't know how teachers are expected to answer those questions in a state approved manner.

Isn't it just a might bit blasphemous to take historically verified words of men (DOI, COTUS, etc) and put it in a binding called Holy Bible?

What the heck? Does that mean the Deity will punish the adding of amendments to COTUS?
edit on 5-10-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Any legal precedent that a Bible in a classroom establishes a specific religion?

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
When I was growing up we used to have bibles in schools, and it was prayer time and bible studies gathering during lunch time.

In my island we were majority Catholic soo it was normal.

When I was growing up, there was a Bible in the top dresser drawer in every hotel room. I don't know if the Bible groups put them there, or if the hotel chains did it.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Any legal precedent that a Bible in a classroom establishes a specific religion?

It's freaking logical.

Johnny asks, "Why don't we build stone alters and sacrifice animals like Abraham did?"

What's the teacher likely to say? "Well Jesus died for our sins so we don't need to sacrifice animals."

That certainly sounds like Christianity to me.

---------
Unless you mean just having one in a dark corner that nobody mentions.

edit on 5-10-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I don't know if the Bible groups put them there, or if the hotel chains did it.

Gideon's Society did it with permission of hotel owners.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Yep, history is good to know, care to tell me more about that guy who built that big boat and put all those animals on it?

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 11:09 PM
link   
A couple things that I noticed missing from the OP……

“We have talked about ensuring that our history courses include the role the Bible played throughout American history,” Walters said.

“But we don’t want commentary around the Bible because this is to serve as a historical reference document.”
www.yahoo.com...

Also, from the Lee Greenwood Bible website it states…

IS ANY OF THE MONEY FROM THIS BIBLE GOING TO THE DONALD J. TRUMP CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT?
No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.
GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.
godblesstheusabible.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: CarlLaFong

care to tell me more about that guy who built that big boat and put all those animals on it?

Noah, Ziusudra, Atrahasis or Utnapishtim?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join