It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Gilmour - Breathe (In The Air)/Time [Tour Rehearsal]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ahead of his upcoming tour of Europe and the US supporting of his new album 'Luck and Strange' David Gilmour has released rehearsal footage of Breathe and Time.

‘Luck and Strange’ was recorded over five months in Brighton and London and is Gilmour’s first album of new material in nine years. The record was produced by David and Charlie Andrew, best known for his work with ALT-J and Marika Hackman.

Of this new working relationship, David says, “We invited Charlie to the house, so he came and listened to some demos, and said things like, “Well, why does there have to be a guitar solo there?” and “Do they all fade out? Can’t some of them just end?”. He has a wonderful lack of knowledge or respect for this past of mine. He’s very direct and not in any way overawed, and I love that. That is just so good for me because the last thing you want is people just deferring to you.”

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Nothing will come close to Floyds Pulse concert tour. I was there at Earls Court on 20th October 1994 (the concert that was filmed and can be found on YT ) and I dont mind admitting I had tears in my eyes at the end of Comfortably Numb.
That 2nd guitar solo was so good, it was almost spiritual.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: devilhunter69

That 2nd guitar solo was so good, it was almost spiritual.

The second solo on the record always puts tears in my eyes , both are pure brilliance but the way the second comes in is where I start welling up.

new topics

join