It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a friend. . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 12:51 AM
link   
He has recently remarried. Is currently unemployed. Had a job as a lawyer for years. Has assets which between property and other material holdings he valuates at over 1/2 a million dollars.

He thinks (midlife. . . ) He can move ( his whole family which included s ex wives and parents) to Costa Rica and invest in real estate, and live the lavish life.

His family has always been in local politics. My family has been in building.

I can make the arguments. How do I make him see His wet dream is not reality?

All comment's welcome.
I've pointed out landlord costs, as well as infrastructure to the place he wants to go.
I have other resources, but this seems an interesting opportunity to engage the folk who still post to this forum.

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
He has recently remarried. Is currently unemployed. Had a job as a lawyer for years. Has assets which between property and other material holdings he valuates at over 1/2 a million dollars.

He thinks (midlife. . . ) He can move ( his whole family which included s ex wives and parents) to Costa Rica and invest in real estate, and live the lavish life.

His family has always been in local politics. My family has been in building.

I can make the arguments. How do I make him see His wet dream is not reality?

All comment's welcome.
I've pointed out landlord costs, as well as infrastructure to the place he wants to go.
I have other resources, but this seems an interesting opportunity to engage the folk who still post to this forum.

I think if you are friends with this person you should respect their decisions. After all, your thoughts and feelings are not his/her life.

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Some of my flight attendants who grew up there said you need to have guards to watch your house when you leave for when the crooks come in they steal everything to include the electrical wall sockets ... Just stories but I would check the present lay of the land from some people who are living there currently.

I always enjoyed my lay-overs there but I never thought of retiring there.

new topics

join