It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My pet conspiracy theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Two problems strike me as essential which do not seem to have hit the radar. Number one is that a society has to evolve to match the changing circumstances. The evolving is something to do with the speed of communication with regards to information, all societies in the past have had use by dates, the faster the information flow the faster the end process will arrive.

The second is laws rules and regulations, along with the consequences of breaking them either accidentally or on purpose. . Punishable transgressions are overlooked simply because of inefficiency of the system to detect them, IE we are all lawbreakers to some degree, if the system became efficient with the use of AI the whole population could end up in debt paying of fines for transgressions or even worse . A system needs a bit of slack and redundancy to work . Using the wrong words can now get you a prison sentence.

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Punishable transgressions are overlooked simply because of inefficiency of the system to detect them, IE we are all lawbreakers to some degree, if the system became efficient with the use of AI the whole population could end up in debt paying of fines for transgressions or even worse .

posted on Oct, 4 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity

Using the wrong words can now get you a prison sentence.

Things do not always progress down some linear line. I predicted about 5 years ago that tuning out at some point would be the fad. We see that people are starting to see social media is not in their best interest, so going Black is my prediction sometime in the future.

The pendulum swings both ways. If you think I'm wrong look at the Trans movement as a good point. It swung too far in one direction and is now swinging back.
edit on x31Fri, 04 Oct 2024 23:13:41 -05002024277America/ChicagoFri, 04 Oct 2024 23:13:41 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Agreed , history is littered with strange stuff. Like the Victorian window tax.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Agreed , history is littered with strange stuff. Like the Victorian window tax.

So Funny...

That is a good example of what I'm talking about. If the pendulum swings back and forth in small arcs, we see slight changes in different directions without any really quick big changes. The farther the pendulum swings in one direction it will swing the same level in the other direction. We can say WWII was a good example of this. Look at the Japanese who were bloodthirsty manic killers and they quickly turned into one of the most subdued societies in the world.

We see how far the liberals have swung in the last 12 years to the point lifelong liberals come over to the Right as they are now seen as far right, but 12 years ago they were moderate left and haven't changed today. Trump is a 90s moderate liberal for example. Obama was harsher on the border than Trump, Obama built the cages that the liberals screamed about Trump using too. lol

So that liberal pendulum has swung very hard in one direction, and it is now swinging back. Gen Z is looking to be the most Conservative generation in 60+ years, for example.

posted on Oct, 5 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It is probably something to do with the parents, if they pushed one thing then the next generation will do the opposite just to be contrary.

posted on Oct, 6 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It is probably something to do with the parents, if they pushed one thing then the next generation will do the opposite just to be contrary.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure. I think parents/schools do it, but not so much of a pushback event such as the worst boy is the sheriff's son, and the sluttest girl is the preacher's daughter type thing.

We went through a period of participation trophies, you're the best no matter what mentality and we saw what that created as these kids finally left their fake safety bubble of existence and hit real life that chewed them up and spit them out. Didn't go so well...

I'm a late boomer 1960, but I didn't start having kids until I was 39. My two boys grew up in a boomer mentality of if you suck, you suck, and I will praise you when it is worthy. Also, let them be boys and not protect them in everything.

They are now 21 and 25, the oldest is an Electrical Engineer and the youngest is still in college going medical. No issues growing up either. It was an "if you talked back to your mom things will get rough quickly" life, so they have respect. Both have longer-term girlfriends with super great relationships.

No tattoos, and as to drugs just pot with the older, but he quit his final year in college as he realized he would be drug tested once he started work, younger just booze. With both, I would say a very conservative lifestyle with the desire to make their lives better.

Not too bad... So I'm not sure what they would be pushing back on.

edit on x31Sun, 06 Oct 2024 08:57:11 -05002024279America/ChicagoSun, 06 Oct 2024 08:57:11 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus
a reply to: annonentity

I don't believe the rush is to have AI as much as the rush is to control AI.
There's just no way they want people going to AI and getting the truth.

The term AI (artificial intelligence) is just a marketing term used by those marketing their glorified and overhyped chatbots, which aren't significantly more impressive than their previous incarnations, versions or generations. And they certainly aren't intelligent nor have they become more intelligent (as that term is applied to human intelligence, in that sense, so it's a misnomer when applied to computer programs like chatbots; and an intentional one at that, for marketing and hype purposes; at least they are "artificial", I'll give 'm that).

Try this article to wake up to the real 'conspiracy' here (if you want to call it a conspiracy):

Artificial Intelligence: Unseating the Inevitability Narrative

Or this book spoken of in the article above:

The Myth of Artificial Intelligence: Why Computers Can’t Think the Way We Do

The main reason why humans and chatbots have become more indistinguishable, is that humans are behaving more and more like programmed chatbots working off of a programmed database of arguments and beliefs/opinions (sometimes mistaken for facts/truths by these same humans*), which they recall based on certain key words or phrases. Arguments and beliefs/opinions programmed, conditioned, indoctrinated or hammered into their minds by means of propaganda bringing up the same key words or phrases and making the connection#, ending up behaving less intelligently rather than chatbots becoming more intelligent or adapt at mimicking human intelligence. A sad state of affairs for the human race.

*: "beliefs" and "opinions" are synonymous terms just like "facts" and "truths" are synonymous terms, but they are not the same thing, even though beliefs/opinions and facts/truths may look very similar to many people and are therefore easily mixed up causing people to mistake one for the other, in the words of the imaginary friend in the movie Inside Out in the "Train of Thought" scene: "happens all the time".
Tru dat!

#:

In spite of what I said about humans behaving more and more like chatbots, they are still far superior in terms of using logic and their intelligence. Even though they are also still far more stubborn in sticking to their guns (the arguments and beliefs/opinions that 'tickle their ears' as described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4; the ones they like, that please them, the things they want to believe are true or want to believe make sense/are logical in their eyes, even when that is clearly not the case).

An example of clear and blatant nonsense presented under the marketingbanner "Science" and consequently believed by many to make sense, or believed to have any merit in serious discussions about the origin of the universe (those who have fallen for the nonsense often because of the reputation of the source that is spreading or trying to convince people of this nonsense, ending up trusting the wrong types because these types are marketed as intelligent and honest people, often people who use their intelligence to promote themselves in a cunning way as people worth listening to or paying attention to, or let others do that for them):

Psychology: The Art of selling nonsense/contradictions (Prologue: Stephen Hawking's nonsense)

Psychology: Dawkins&Krauss selling the philosophy and contradiction that nothing is something

Embedded (cause I didn't want to deprive you of the full title in the links above I added those as well, but this is more convenient for watching, altough the links above are part of a playlist with a bit further context how the art of selling nonsensical philosophies/ideas/beliefs/opinions works; for that reason I will add one more video now that precedes these 2 in that playlist):

There are about 5 or 6 more videos in that playlist that are part of the larger context (including the phenomenon of programming humans to believe in nonsense and contradictions*, chatbot-style).

*: synonymous terms for "paradox" as listed on thesaurus.com:

contradiction
nonsense
mistake
error
edit on 7-10-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join