It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Suspect identified via DNA after 29 years in Morgan Nick abduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   
BREAKING!

After 29 long years, a suspect has been identified in the Morgan Nick abduction.

Morgan was just 6 years old when she was taken on June 9th 1995 from a little league baseball game while catching fireflies with her friends just a few yards away from her mother.

All quotes are from www.dailymail.co.uk...

Investigators have formally named Billy Jack Lincks as a suspect in her disappearance after they were able to find one of her hairs in his truck.

Of course this wasn't Lincks' only crime

Lincks, who has since died, was convicted of sexual indecency after trying to snatch a child just three months after Morgan vanished.

He attempted to abduct an 11-year-old girl in Van Buren at a location eight miles from the Wofford baseball field where Morgan was last seen. 

The victim's description of his car matched that to the one linked to Morgan's disappearance. 

At the time, law enforcement released images of a red truck with a white camper. Lincks died in prison in 2000 at the age of 72.

And of course he died without seeing justice. I'm sure he's getting all the justice in the universe now though. Burning in Hel.l.

What I find amazing and maybe a true sign of another, higher power in life is how they found this hair.

In 2019, officers managed to locate the owner of Lincks' truck, who had no knowledge of its history.

The owner allowed the FBI to conduct DNA testing on the vehicle. Several hairs were recovered, with at least one coming back as a match for a child or sibling of Morgan's mother, Colleen Nicks, police said.

So 24 years went by and they managed to find the guy's truck and find the hair AFTER 24 YEARS STILL IN THE TRUCK and solve this tragic mystery. No word on Morgan's location, sadly. I was really hoping for a good outcome on this one like the Cleveland case or Jaycee Dugard but we just don't know yet so we should keep on praying for Morgan and all the missing children.

and stopped to get sand out of her shoe. It's thought that it was at that moment the kidnapper struck.

'That was the last time I ever saw her,' Morgan's mom sobbed in one clip.

She also revealed her hopes that her daughter, who would now be aged 31, was still alive.

'Not everyone who is kidnapped dies,' she added. 'People don't understand how you can keep relentlessly fighting but Morgan is worth fighting for.'

And may I add WOW! Not one, but two major cold case mysteries solved within a month. First Asha Degree via genetic genealogy and now Morgan Nicks. Still waiting on more answers in Asha's case but major DNA breakthroughs and searches and seizures of property after 24 years is a win to me.

Also makes me think that without DNA so many more cases would be unsolved and go cold. The Idaho murders come to mind. If they didn't have the advancements in genetic genealogy they wouldn't have caught Kohberger so quickly or maybe at all.
edit on 1-10-2024 by Shoshanna because: Cant spell

join