It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in favor of the 2nd Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"I am in favor of the 2nd Amendment and I believe we need to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban" (Harris: as Biden signs task force legislation)

In the same sentence no less!! Why not just say..."I'm in favor of the 2nd Amendment, so I'm going to ban guns"?????

Plus...Define "Assault Weapon"?

Black?
Evil?
Scary looking?
What?

Being safe is a civil right

edit on 9/30/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

anything that can go "pew pew", as the sound "pew" is assaulting to me.

I kind of bet on this one in a way. Last time, when the banned the bayonet lugs, collapsible stocks, and made AR's a hot commodity, those built before the bad were allowed to remain, and their value grew by a good bit. Now if nobody ever bans them, I will still smile. I also chose to collect bourbon. If it never goes up in value, I still call it a win.

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I assume the "assault" derives from automatic weaponry that continuously chambers and discharges ammunition, designed to inflict maximum damage as efficiently as possible because the target is presumably doing the same thing. Of course a law prohibiting such technology will only make citizens more vulnerable.

edit on 30-9-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I assume the "assault" derives from automatic weaponry that continuously chambers and discharges ammunition, designed to inflict maximum damage as efficiently as possible because the target is presumably doing the same thing. Of course a law prohibiting such technology from civilian access will do as much good as criminalizing marijuana.

Which is not an AR15 despite the fantasy on the left. Semi-auto and full auto are two different types of weapons. A full auto rifle will have a selector switch for semi-auto but a semi-auto rifle only has one firing setting. More pandering to the masses by the left. More and more their actions & words show an utter disdain for those the govern. It is getting sickening how they feel we do not deserve to be told the truth but get angered when their lies get called out to the degree they are willing to employ censorship to cover their lies.

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Most semi automatic weapons can be modified but I'm sure you knew that.

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes, but that makes them illeagle already. Why are more laws needed to make it more illeagle? How many laws does it take to make someone ignoring laws to stop breaking them? 10, 50, 1000, they are not following the laws so it doesn't matter now many they break.

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Which is HIGHLY illegal.

I have several that could be made full auto. I don't do it for several reasons...

1 I don't have a need for it. I don't plan or have thoughts of harming large groups of people.

2 It's a waste of ammo. Fun, but gets expensive real fast.

3 It's illegal.

Yes, I put illegal last because if you have intent to harm large groups of people I think you're way past caring about what is legal.

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It wasn't legislation, it was a EO.

For us it's an announcement, a proclamation or decree. For the executive, it is policy and binding to their jobs.

Get back to me when Congress goes full retard. Until then, Joe shouldn't share Hunter's crack.

Yes, that can be seen two or three ways, I know. Lol

edit on 30-9-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Sep, 30 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: hangedman13

Most semi automatic weapons can be modified but I'm sure you knew that.

Yea and? You can also make explosives from household cleaners! Are we going to outlaw something that has the potential to be made more dangerous due to people making them that way? Here is a novel idea, let's actually enforce the existing laws and not make excuses when the outcome is not intended. What I mean is let's stop diluting our laws just because some poc broke the law. It's amazing that people expect new laws to accomplish something different from the laws that we already have but are not enforcing.
edit on 30-9-2024 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join