It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Helene storm surge flooding rain, 30+ dead Florida Georgia Tenn North Carolina hard hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hurricane Helene storm surge and flooding rain, 30+ dead Florida, Georgia, Tenn, North and South Carolina hard hit.

Been a long time since Ive seen such wide spread damage the perfect storm skirting the west coast of Florida, Flooding from Sarasota north.

Georgias Governor Kemp already is saying the crop damage is worse than Hurricane Michael. Heavy flooding NC Tenn

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

R.I.P to the victims. I hope they are in a peaceful place.

My heartfelt sincere condolences to the families and friends affected by this devastating event.

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   
there is likely to be more than one mountain town like this wiped out... Have we heard from our President? been watching damage videos

the more I watch the more widespread and devastating it becomes, I have been through Chimney Rock and the Blueridge Parkway wonderful people hearing reports of calls for help going unanswered as rescue crews cant get there

Western Carolina is closed... I-40 East has collapsed into the river.
Citizens in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Virginia are waiting for a response from D.C.

edit on p000000309pm096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've temporarily pinned this thread.

And to add a bit of content
FEMA has picked 4 NFL stadiums to serve as disaster shelters. Here's the plan for extreme weather.

The stadiums will be used during events like hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding. They will essentially be turned into emergency shelters and hospitals, under a new partnership between the National Football League and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The four venues that have been picked to serve as "Mission Venue Ready" locations are Acrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh, MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, Lumen Field in Seattle and Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles is under review to become a potential fifth site.

Didn't end all that well when they used a stadium for Katrina.......
edit on Fri Sep 27 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I've temporarily pinned this thread.

Not a bad idea

I think we used to have a few members in Appalachia, the death toll will likely rise already 15 dead in Georgia, and I thought we got off easy but south Georgia got slammed.

I know all these places very well and have friends and associates in every one of these states. It's like in Florida some of those places just got rebuilt from 2 years ago and to get slammed again so soon.

So many videos one of 4-5 alligators swimming around the exit of Quick Trip in suburban Sarasota, with a half-submerged car a half block away

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   
50+ dead at least now being reported. Storm surge and flooding seems worse than feared even. Dark times for you guys in the USA. I imagine this will get a whole lot worse yet. Prayers friends.

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM19688
50+ dead at least now being reported. Storm surge and flooding seems worse than feared even. Dark times for you guys in the USA. I imagine this will get a whole lot worse yet. Prayers friends.

yeah this is bad someplaces won't ever recover

www.nbcnews.com...

What we know about Helene
Helene has weakened to a tropical depression and is moving north across the Southeast, bringing strong winds and heavy rain in what the National Hurricane Center called "life-threatening" conditions.
At least 42 deaths across the Southeast have been reported as a result of the storm.
At 5 p.m. ET, the storm was about 50 miles south-southeast of Louisville and moving north-northwest at 17 mph.
The storm made landfall in Florida's Big Bend region as a Category 4 storm last night at 11:10 p.m. Emergency services are rescuing people trapped by fast-rising waters.
More than 4 million people are without power across Florida, Georgia South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia amid fears that outages could last weeks.

edit on p000000309pm096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Best wishes to all the people of the USA, through this terrible time.

Happens often down here too.

Amazing picture of that US74 highway.....or is it a river burst its banks?

Just an observation, could someone clear this up.

In reports, using that picture, they say its near Huntsville or Bunsville?...

In the live video clip, it say near Boone.

Can someone explain why the hand rails on the bridge are different? and it water appears much higher than the highway?

There is often much confusion in times of catastrophe. As this photo is everywhere, it would be nice to find exactly where it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Still have my house in GA, it was east of valdosta and sat in the nasty red half circle for the entire cycle, just waiting to hear if I still have a house and if the renters are ok.

join