It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question of Censorship, yea or nay, Donald Trump Weighs In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ATS had a very long thread this morning concerning censorship. To the memberships credit the resounding replies in this thread were aligned against censorship. Now however a new proponent of censoring free speech has spoken up, Donald Trump.

I read this here though I have little doubt that these quotes from Trump himself have now been printed in a number of information outlets..

www.yahoo.com...

For the sake of brevity, a quality I am not known for, I will skip most of the article and jump right to Trump's quote about citizens stating their disagreement with Supreme Court decisions.

“It should be illegal, what happens,” Trump told a crowd in Pennslyvania. “You know, you have these guys like playing the ref, like the great Bobby Knight. These people should be put in jail the way they talk about our judges and our justices, trying to get them to sway their vote, sway their decision.”

I can read this no other way, Trump here calls for censorship of the American people who speak out against the government.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Looks like a tough job navigating the mess of national security secrets and public policy on a daily basis. Trump was one of the few saying that Epstein did kill himself.

The reputation of politics is built on bending reality and shaping the narrative. As America descends into a more soviet style of politics, censorship is one of many tools used by the state.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

As America descends into a more soviet style of politics, censorship is one of many tools used by the state.

And if this is the case, here we have one voice that is willing to accept censorship and is likely, if given the power, willing to not only make it law but enforce it as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

As opposed to Harris doing what?

The MAIN ruse of the left is to blame their opponent for the things they are already doing. I think it's called gaslighting.

This is contextual which is probably why you didn't present a fully developed post, but rather a rush to the "outrage" and "shock".

Not speaking for Trump, but I know EXACTLY what he's talking about. It's one thing to be able to redress the government, it's an entirely different matter when you're wishing people dead, doxxing Justice's and threatening them like just like Schumer did.

Yeah, most of that, if not all, is illegal already, so by saying it should be illegal, Trump is referring to the lawlessness that has been allowed to run rampant under Democrat leadership, which allows people to break the law if it pairs with the narrative and agenda.

But by all means, go with your first instincts on this. Self doubt is corrosive.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

There was already a thread about your topic of leftist centership today right here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please refer your whataboutism to that thread, this thead is about 'Trump calling for censorship.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What a stupid thing to say.

From anyone.

Oh. And for what it’s worth it’s not up to him.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You guys are so good at deriving policy out of a totally unrelated conversation or sentence out of the hundreds of hours Trump talks in front of a camera each month. And then in turn ignore 99,99% of the stuff that could give you a proper clue of where he actually stands on a subject.

If you wouldnt take these snippits out of context we could have a discussion, but ok keep it up.

posted on Sep, 25 2024 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

There was already a thread about your topic of leftist centership today right here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please refer your whataboutism to that thread, this thead is about 'Trump calling for censorship.

That was ONE sentence as an opening thought, the rest addressed your cherry picked topic.

How about not finding a trivial excuse to avoid addressing my points? 🤷🏻

edit on 25-9-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

top topics

join