It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a few ideas

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
After the shooting in Alabama, the usual cry of more gun control came up. The people who push it are always saying it's for everyone's safety, so I thought we should make a few more laws to really make life safe.

First of all, we need to ban all alcohol. Now, it's pretty simple to make your own, so we need to install breathalyzers on every vehicle. New vehicles will have them built in and older ones have to be retrofitted. You pay out of your own pocket to have it done if you own an older model. You could have a sober friend blow into it, so if you are caught driving drunk, it's an automatic 5 years in prison. No appeal, no parole, you serve the 5.

Street racing has become big in the last few years and people are buying 1000 HP cars like the Demon or Hellcat. Running from the cops is big too and with those overpowered cars, they think it's hilarious to drive 150 and endanger all those folks on the road, so make cars that are limited to 100 HP and electronically limited to go no faster than 70 MPH. No, you can't build your own engine or modify your car. All vehicles have to have it built in or added at the owners expense.

Ban all tobacco. No cigarettes, cigars, pipes or tobacco of any kind.

Ban all fast food.

How about red meat ? They say that's not good for you, so you'll need a special permit to buy it and that will be limited to one 5 oz serving per person/per month.

Ban soft drinks. Hell, ban all sugary drinks and while we're at it, let's just ban all processed sugar or high fructose corn syrup. Candy has to go too. That causes obesity and heart disease.

Just those few things would make everyone healthier and cut down on healthcare costs. You want everyone to be safe and healthy don't you ?

Ban cell phones for anyone under 21. 11 teenagers a day die from texting and driving. Make using your phone while driving punishable with 6 months in jail and a $5,000 fine. You lose your license for 1 year and all this is mandatory minimum.

If you're really concerned about public safety, you should have no problem with these laws being passed, right ?

The hell with your personal freedoms, I mean, we're saving lives here and that's what counts, innit ?

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

What we need is a yearly psych eval for every American.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have an idea! Instead of the focus being on stopping gun ownership, how about we focus on the criminals?

All the money they've thrown at enacting gun legislation over the last few decades would have gone a long way in stopping crime. Instead, they pushed for a nationwide reduction in law enforcement; it's almost like they want crime to increase.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I have an idea! Instead of the focus being on stopping gun ownership, how about we focus on the criminals?

All the money they've thrown at enacting gun legislation over the last few decades would have gone a long way in stopping crime. Instead, they pushed for a nationwide reduction in law enforcement; it's almost like they want crime to increase.

It's really that simple. It's not about reducing crime. It's about disabling the last of the freedom-loving Americans left.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   

How about red meat ?

Yeah, I just read about this guy in North Dakota that snuck up on a crowd of twenty people and beat them all to death with a $40 Porterhouse, and all with.in thrity seconds

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Anyone else wanna ban OP from posting ideas on ATS?

Yea no more ideas for you partner.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The home is one of the most dangerous places where most injures occur, so ban that. The workplace also has risks, ban that too. Life in general has harm and pain involved at times so just ban all that as well. The only way to have a safe life without any risk is not to have life. If you don't want to die, don't get born.
edit on 23-9-2024 by kwaka because: spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Doesn't even have to be yearly. I did a little calculation a while back to figure out what fraction of gun owners cause all the unjustified homicides (excluding suicides). It's a few percent. All you would have to do is filter out the worst few percent of the population and the other 97+% could own any weapon they wanted to without a problem. Most nations with high levels of gun ownership that don't also have the problems that we do with gun violence do that. Switzerland. Israel. It's very easy to identify the troublesome individuals with psychological tests like the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory). Hell, the US military uses this kind of testing to filter out the individuals that are not fit for military service because they can't afford to have those nut jobs in their organizations running around with dangerous weapons. Some liberals want to get rid of 100% of all guns. Some conservatives want 100% of the population to have guns all the time. Neither position is realistic and neither one is actually necessary to solve the problem.

It never ceases to amaze me how the US is so stupid about learning from other nations.

posted on Sep, 22 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Great! You just gave the WEF a brand new way to lock us all up.

Or maybe that's what their doing right now?

I know at least half of us would fail right off the bat.

new topics

top topics

join