It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The iceberg that brought down the Titanic was a Russian spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

And let's get into some creepy conspiracy theories today in honor of Saturday.
The popular Zen channel in Russia "I explain it on my fingers" reported some amazing news. It turns out that the iceberg that brought down the Titanic was not as big as it is portrayed in the West, but even very small. And, most importantly, after the collision it floated away... to Russia.

So.

"We know almost everything about the Titanic itself. And how epically it sank, and how it broke in half, and many can even remember DiCaprio's last phrase verbatim.

But what happened to the culprit of the tragedy? Where did he go after the collision and how long did he live? It turned out that this is a rather curious story, leading all the way to Russia.
First, you need to understand what kind of iceberg it was. Its mass was 420,000 tons, which seems like a pretty decent mountain of ice

How much bigger do you think this block was than the Titanic itself? Personally, when I watched the film, I thought that the iceberg and the steamship were related approximately like this:

In fact, the "titanic iceberg" was a crumb in the world of icebergs. Its highest point barely reached the upper decks of the steamship.

To be precise, the height The iceberg was only 100 meters long. This is 2.5 times less than the length of the Titanic. And almost the entire mass of ice, as it happens, was hidden under water.

This baby was born 3-4 thousand years ago in the glaciers of Greenland. At that time, of course, there was no sign of any steamships.

The pharaohs were building their pyramids in batches, the last mammoth was dying in Chukotka, there were still several thousand years left before the discovery of America, and our cold-blooded killer was already slowly crawling from the glacier to the sea.

Around June 1910, it broke off from the ice shell and set off on a free journey across the Arctic seas. It took it more than two years to reach the site of the collision.

It is curious that when this ice block fell into the water, the Titanic was still being built. And when the ship set off on that fateful voyage, the iceberg had already covered 99.9% of its distance. In short, it was waiting for the Titanic at the designated place, to which it had been heading for several thousand years.

It is also surprising that Greenland produces up to 30,000 icebergs a year, but only a few of them reach the latitudes where the hero of our story sailed...

And so, the collision happened. It must be said that the iceberg survived it calmly. The Titanic lived only a few hours, but the iceberg floated on.

According to mathematical calculations, most likely this iceberg was picked up by the warm Gulf Stream.

This current is warm and very fast (up to 10 km/h). So the iceberg began to melt rapidly and, nevertheless, it was enough to get – where do you think?

To the Arkhangelsk region of Russia. Namely, to Franz Josef Land. This is where the Gulf Stream carries most icebergs.

There the iceberg washed ashore, where it spent the winter, and in the summer of 1913 it finally melted, having outlived the Titanic by more than 1 year. Such is the difficult and complicated fate, worthy of another film. Nature has once again shown us our place."

Well, paraphrasing Friedrich Schiller's "Fiesco's Conspiracy in Genoa", "The Moor has done his job, the Moor can go", about our hero, the iceberg, we can say "The iceberg has done his job, the iceberg can melt." But before that, according to information from the British press, the Iceberg received the title of Hero of the Soviet Union, oh, sorry, Hero of the Russian Empire))))

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It was not really the size of the iceberg that was the issue.

The Titanic was riveted together, not welded.

And the quality of the rivets and the materials used in her construction played a role in the ship's structural failure after the collision with the iceberg.

With the design of the ship's watertight compartments also contributing to her demise.

Then there was the fact that she also had insufficient lifeboats.
edit on 21-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Another fun thread my friend!

Спасибо

Have you looked at all the CTs surrounding the Titanic, my mind was blown at the number. The size of the iceburg wasnt something i thought of, though.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

You're welcome, my friend!

This post is more satirical and ironic than conspiracy)))

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Here is a thought, if Titanic had hit the iceberg head-on instead of trying to avoid it, the outcome might have been rather different.

I mean it's a safe bet Titanic would still have been damaged.

But it may not have been catastrophic.

And the damage to the superstructure somewhat more localised, only puncturing the first one or two water-tight compartments.

Which would seem to have given the Titanic a better chance of survival.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's more than that, metallurgical studies showed that the Irish steel was inferior and was not high grade.

There's so many factors that were working against the Titanic, that it was a miracle it floated at all.

Also I heard that Russian spy was code named Trump.

🙄

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And you were doing so well.

Just kidding. For the record, unless Russia had control over who was steering and in control of the Titanic, AKA the Captain of Titanic, Edward John Smith, which they didn't, it kind of ruins the conspiracy

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

I agree and i did mention the materials used in her construction aside from just the rivets played a role in the ship's final demise.

Then there is also the rumor that it was not even the Titanic that sank.

But her sister ship Olympic which had already been in a collision with the cruiser HMS Hawk.

Rumors of an onboard fire that was burning in one of her coal bunkers which may have compromised the strength of the superstructure.

Interesting subject really.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It was not really the size of the iceberg that was the issue.

The Titanic was riveted together, not welded.

And the quality of the rivets and the materials used in her construction played a role in the ship's structural failure after the collision with the iceberg.

With the design of the ship's watertight compartments also contributing to her demise.

Then there was the fact that she also had insufficient lifeboats.

The "Oh the humanity" audio line applies here too Andy. The decisions that day were not the worst reading your post. It was the previous ones that made all the difference.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Makes sense. The bigger ones are easy to see from a long way away. We all know the pilot house didn't see it in time.

I like your entertaining post.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

It's more than that, metallurgical studies showed that the Irish steel was inferior and was not high grade.

There's so many factors that were working against the Titanic, that it was a miracle it floated at all.

Also I heard that Russian spy was code named Trump.

🙄

Irish steel, oh my! My ancestors are mad now. jk

I never heard all of this apparently. I had heard certain bankers decided to forgo the trip at the last minute and the ones that died were ones that might have fought the Fed being a reality a year later.
hmmm

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Some interesting info about the coal fire here:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

They certainly were not the best of decisions nether.

For a start, the poor lookout did not even have access to a pair of binoculars on the night in question when the iceberg struck the ship.

Which were apparently locked away in the bosom's office.

I think its safe bet the decisions made, along with a few other contributing factors, combined together and led to the accident happening.

Then went on to contribute to the sinking of the Titanic.

edit on 21-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Have heard this too.

There was a history channel special, I believe, that mentioned it. Seems fair to say, that Titanic was a rush job, and possibly had been deliberately sabotaged.

Certain passengers, cancelled while others didn't.

Very suspicious.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   
How on earth could Russia possibly know exactly which iceberg the Titanic hit? And how could they possibly know where the iceberg traveled to? Not seeing it.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

This ones is rather good if memory serves.

Very suspicious indeed.

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

A totally wrong and made up story as usual RT, can you only post Russian propaganda....

titanicfacts.net...

19 – the number of icebergs that third class survivor Charles Dahl later claimed he had seen from lifeboat number 15, during the hours following the sinking. In an interview with the Chicago American newspaper Dahl criticised the speed at which Titanic had been travelling through the icefield, describing how Carpathia had needed to zigzag through bergs whilst collecting survivors.

14 – the approximate number of days after the collision that the Titanic iceberg would probably have disappeared, melting in the gulf stream’s warmer water.

The iceberg was huge, towering between 50 to 100 feet above the water’s surface, and with an estimated length of 200 to 400 feet, according to witness accounts from Titanic survivors. Five days after the sinking, the first photograph of this notorious iceberg emerged, captured by a seaman named Rehorek, sailing aboard the MS Bremen.

The journey of the Titanic iceberg from its creation to the collision is estimated to have taken around two years. Incredibly, the first snowflakes that contributed to its formation were approximately 15,000 years old. Once formed and cast adrift, the iceberg would have travelled approximately eight miles per day.

Then, approximately two weeks after its fateful collision with the Titanic, the iceberg would have likely disappeared, simply melting in the warmer waters of the Gulf Stream.
Then, approximately two weeks after its fateful collision with the Titanic, the iceberg would have likely disappeared, simply melting in the warmer waters of the Gulf Stream.

www.wired.com...

The frozen water in these glaciers is slowly forced further westward toward the sea. When they finally reach the coast of the Arctic Ocean, the lapping tides break off chunks of the ice, and icebergs are calved from the glacier, some 30 centuries after their source water was first deposited. The iceberg that sank the Titanic began its journey as a rough contemporary of King Tutankhamun, entire civilizations rising and falling while it made its slow march to infamy.

But once all that's done, the iceberg's life was a short one. We know that because the Titanic sank in the North Atlantic, rather than the Arctic, which means the currents must have taken it far south of where it was calved. Starting on the Greenland coast, it would have moved from Baffin Bay to the Davis Strait and then onto the Labrador Sea and, at last, the Atlantic.

The motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance", yet you seem to enjoy trying to promote it??
edit on 21-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

The iceberg melted.

That answers my question ... how the heck could the Russians have known exactly which iceberg of the many was the one the Titanic hit and how could they possibly have tracked it. Answer ... they couldn't AND the ice berg melted anyways.

new topics

top topics

join