It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gavin Newsom passes law against deepfake political ads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 01:08 AM
link   
California governor Gavin Newsom, who is a living South Park character, has made it illegal to use AI to create "false images and videos" in political ads close to Election Day.

Newsom's AI Crackdown

What a bunch of crybabies.

edit on 19-9-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Sorry, the 1st amendment protects the speech you don't like buddy. If that pesky 2A wasn't in the way though, rt? Amirite?? Yeah, there wouldn't even be a news story in the first place.

SCOTUS here we come. This might not make it past the 9th circuit and that'll be that, but we'll see.

Blatant, unconstitutional violations.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It always seems that politicians on the left and right coast always want to make laws that effect the rest of the country that does not want or need them.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Incoming deepfakes of Newsome as an earthmover or Thanos in 3, 2, 1….

Lulz.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Gavin Loathsome.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 04:48 AM
link   

"You can no longer knowingly distrubite an ad or other election communications that contain materially deceptive content..."

It seems to me this is subjective to personal opinion based on political bias. Who's going to decide if comments like 'Trump is an egsential threat to democracy' or 'Harris is an incompotent failure' is opinion or fact?

Leave it to a politician to clutter up and overwhelm the court system. Looks like they all want to 'Ensure Job Security ofr US Judges'.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It must be something the left can't do or use for themselves in order to ban it.
If they had the wherewithal to produce anything similar, they would have done so.
But the left can't meme or be creative in ant way shape or form, hence their fear of memes or deep fake artistry.

We are not dealing with just political groups here, we are dealing with two types of humans (?) Who have naturally found sides they belong to and kind of called it political sides.

But even without politics these two kinds of people would exist and always have.
One side capable of logical thought, art and appreciation of beauty and another who seem to be just living in the visible world with no inner workings. Empty vessels, human impostors.

There are some good people on the left too, who want certain freedoms but have to buy into the whole political thing and chise a side.
There are also plenty of empty vessels on the conservative side.

I think this political division is not fit for purpose, but adequate for now until we realise it's thinking folk vs cardboard cutouts in this world.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   

His law would make pretty much every one of Kamala's ads illegal.

Every time I hear one it's spreading lies and repeating hoaxes even snopes has had to admit are fakes.

Though it would probably be a waste of money trying to file lawsuits against her in CA.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

His law would make pretty much every one of Kamala's ads illegal.

Every time I hear one it's spreading lies and repeating hoaxes even snopes has had to admit are fakes.

Though it would probably be a waste of money trying to file lawsuits against her in CA.

That's what' makes it so ridiculous. Newsom is truly next-level self-unaware.
It's OK for Harris to lie every time she opens her mouth, as long as she's lying "in person".

I'll always think of Newsom as the guy who said the L.A. train robberies of 2020 were being committed by gangs, and then convened a press conference the very next day to apologize for saying "gangs". He changed it to "groups of folks".

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Leave it to a Democrat to take something fairly insignificant and turn it into a need for a law banning it.

It shows how much he regards the cognitive abilities of his constituents, he believes they are so stupid and unaware that they need a law protecting them for thier own ignorance.

Am I wrong...

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Dudes entire existence and purpose is a deepfake.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Gavin Loathsome.

Cheers

Trump refers to him as "Gavin NewScum"

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Gavin Loathsome.

Cheers

Gruesome Newsome

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Is AI the thoughts and speech of a person tho?

We all deep down knew something like this was coming. The uncomfortable discussion.

Some people claim AI is alien to humanity.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
One might think that all free thinking people would applaud this simple beginning to help protect our fellow citizens from further exploitation at the hands of artificial intelligence manipulation. One might think.

Yet here,almost unanimously there is an outcry of denunciation. Is this just because it is a democrat that is trying to move in this direction, and Newsome to boot? What is it? Are people here in favor of deepfake? From reading previous threads and posts here I had the impression that this is not the case..

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

You know what? I do not care for Newsome, I have never cared for Newsome, even when I lived in California and he wasn't even a mayor yet. To me he has always been a phony, Yet, calling him a ''deepfake' waters down the term of deepfake to something other than what is really is, an advance into computerized manipulation of the masses.

Myself, I prefer to make that distinction, between phony and this elevation of phony to unrestricted levels.

edit on 783479122024Sep2024-09-19T12:47:58-05:001220242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Looks like Democrats are doing it again! Pass laws and do things that are illegal and do it anyway to get some results. Loonitics. 😀

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Gavin Loathsome.

Cheers

People he has jailed call him "Noose-em" 💥

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Is AI the thoughts and speech of a person tho?

We all deep down knew something like this was coming. The uncomfortable discussion.

Some people claim AI is alien to humanity.

The unconstitutional part is prosecuting a person for free speech. 🤣

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

unconstitutional = unconstitutional 😀

unlike democrats trying to make xy=xx 😃

top topics

<<   2 >>

join