It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something broken about our ''warning'' system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I ask this publicly only because we are told not to reply to messages from moderators. In one case I attempted to contact that mod by PM but received no reply..

Twice in the last few weeks I have been warned by staff for trolling and baiting in two different threads. I accept this as a value judgement on the part of moderators involved.

However, in both cases I have been ''dinged'' twice having made only one reply in either thread. Is there such a thing as a ''double ding'' or is this just a glitch seeing as both dings were posted at the exact same time. Twice.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

We should get some input from the owners as to what the terms and conditions are and what is expect of the userbase.

I mean, the moderation team does function on behalf of the owners and surely not of their own volition....right?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The "don't reply to staff" is only in thread.

If you've had an action taken against one of your posts, certainly PM that staff member.

Remember, we're not always online, it may take a little while for it to be read.

Thanks.

** CLOSED **

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

However, in both cases I have been ''dinged'' twice having made only one reply in either thread. Is there such a thing as a ''double ding'' or is this just a glitch seeing as both dings were posted at the exact same time. Twice.

FTR, POLITICAL TROLLING removals issue TWO warns...as it has been for many years.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)
edit on Wed Sep 18 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join