It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 12 2024 city meeting, Springfield Ohio city manager says "I’ve heard about it too"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Local Mark Sanders on March 12 2024 testified:

One of the things I heard that bothered me very much - I’ve actually had quite a few people contact me lately. Umm, is some pretty horrid things occurring to domesticated animals in the neighborhood.

Response from Springfield city manager.

We haven’t seen the proof that you’re talking about, I’ve heard about it too.

So months before Trump blew this up and they "fact checked him" we have the city manager saying they have heard about it.

The locals have been speaking out at city meetings and social media, testifying to the "horrid things occurring to domesticated animals" in their neighborhoods yet the left in lockstep on all controlled media say it’s not happening.

The government knew these horrid things were occurring. Yet said on Trump debate, per ABC’s “fact check":

There have been no credible reports of specific claims of pets being harmed, injured, or abused within the immigrant community

Weasel words at best. Direct lie at worst.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ABC lied, using their democrat surrogate talking heads.

This is why Trump calls them Fake News, apparently!

They never tell the truth!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So where are the verified occurances of this happening?

Seems to be a lot of "I heard", or reports like this one below.

Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance tried to prove his baseless claims about Haitian immigrants eating pets by pointing to a police report from one resident in Springfield, Ohio, that alleged her cat may have been stolen by her Haitian neighbors.

Turns out the cat, Miss Sassy, had been hiding in the basement the whole time, and Anna Kilgore had apologized to her neighbors for the mix-up with the help of a translation app, she told The Wall Street Journal this week.

The Indepent, as WSJ is paywalled

The city has consistently stated there have been no credible instances of pet stealing and eating. And so far, that's true.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
So where are the verified occurances of this happening?

Seems to be a lot of "I heard", or reports like this one below.

Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance tried to prove his baseless claims about Haitian immigrants eating pets by pointing to a police report from one resident in Springfield, Ohio, that alleged her cat may have been stolen by her Haitian neighbors.

Turns out the cat, Miss Sassy, had been hiding in the basement the whole time, and Anna Kilgore had apologized to her neighbors for the mix-up with the help of a translation app, she told The Wall Street Journal this week.

The Indepent, as WSJ is paywalled

The city has consistently stated there have been no credible instances of pet stealing and eating. And so far, that's true.

what makes the people speaking at town hall meetings "not credible?"

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Where's the proof the cat was really hiding in the basement?? 😊

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453Interesting point.

Now then. Explained how it’s been debunked?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They can say whatever they want at a meeting. And in the case in my post, the example Vance used, even call the police about it. So we've seen examples of the one lady(it's linked in one of the threads) stating she really only heard it 3rd hand and didn't have any proof it occurred, this lady who actually made a report and found her cat hiding in the basement. Where are the actual report results of any Haitian actually stealing and eating neighbors pets?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

They can say whatever they want at a meeting. And in the case in my post, the example Vance used, even call the police about it. So we've seen examples of the one lady(it's linked in one of the threads) stating she really only heard it 3rd hand and didn't have any proof it occurred, this lady who actually made a report and found her cat hiding in the basement. Where are the actual report results of any Haitian actually stealing and eating neighbors pets?

not sure. Can you categorically assert with total confidence that not ONE Haitian immigrant has harmed a local pet? The charge was ambiguous enough that if only one case is found, then this was credible.

But aside from family pets being dinner, at the very least, everyone now knows about the injection of 20 thousand Haitians in a tiny town of 60 thousand people. Who on this planet thinks that's a sustainable plan? And why weren't they sent to Martha's Vineyard?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Huh? Aren't the people making the claim supposed to substantiate it? Trump claims it's true because he "saw it on TV", the town has since been inundated with press, random online personalities, had school disrupted, had businesses disrupted, had the Proud Boys and Klan show up.

There can certainly be a conversation about needing infrastructure resources. But that's not what's going on is it? There are claims that rile up the most xenophobic and racist people, and led to a candidate for President again making a claim because he "saw it on TV and then threatening to deport legal immigrants to a country they didn't even come from.

And why weren't they sent to Martha's Vineyard? Because the business owners were actively recruiting people to work because they couldn't find reliable help locally. They have been steadily coming for the past 5 years as more jobs become available in the area.

I know my relatives first went to Niagra Falls when they arrived here, but came to Detroit when they were advised there were a lot of jobs here. That's not uncommon.
edit on 18-9-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   

How do we know if the cat was actually the real cat and not a replacement? 😃🐱

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Where's the actual proof those Haitians have real jobs??? 💥

Why are they in government sponsored poverty??

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ya know there’s a lot of chatter on here and elsewhere that the 20k folks from Haiti in this Ohio town are all completely legal and legit.

Can someone show me where this has been confirmed for each and every individual, and why it’s all on the up and up?

Furthermore, having accomplished this first task, your next side quest is to show how they jumped ahead of all the people that filed for green-cards years ago.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

This is Dayton Ohio:

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

This has been discussed in another thread. In the grainy video that's a few years old, the feet of the animal certainly look like chicken feet. Rufo found someone who said people from the Congo used to live there. There was a similar grill still there. Someone heard that a few years ago when this was filmed, that the person mentioned butchering and had a knife.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I believe the locals.

They are seeing and reporting it.

They are going to city and reporting it.

It takes a lot to get an average person to goto city meeting and complain.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm reminded of all the years stories about Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffery Epstine and so many others had been debunked as just nasty rumors.

Just think about all of the 1% who have been accused of being pedos and wonder if the day will come when they're thrown under the bus and exposed , too.

Haiti is rife with poverty and eating cats has become a normal part of their culture; is it such a stretch to think it's possible they still practice what has become a 'normal' part of their cuisine?

Would it be unrealistic to consider city leadears have a reason to hide this information so close to election time since immigration has become such a volitile, hot button topic?

The entire Democratic party would suffer a major loss should the truth come out before the election. If true it must be kept hidden BAMN.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Have there been reports? If so, that warrants more investigation. But to think that it would be crazy for someone from a 3rd world nation that was/is in the throes of civil war, couldn't possibly eat a cat. Maybe he acquired a taste for it, and it was just that one guy. Total speculation, but not hard to believe. There are folks who reported it, so follow up and do due diligence.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes there have been reports. Yes the police have been involved. They found some people poached some geese and this lady found her cat Sassy in her basement. What more do you want them to investigate? The police and city managers already stated they found no credible cases of pets being stolen and eaten.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   
EXCLUSIVE: Shoplifting And Vehicle Thefts Soared As Haitian Migrants Poured Into Ohio Town, Police Data Shows
😀

Reports of shoplifting and vehicle theft increased considerably in Springfield, Ohio, following the arrival of thousands of Haitian refugees, according to data obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation through a records request.

The town, which had a population of 58,622 in 2020, has taken in between 12,000 and 20,000 Haitian refugees over the past three years, marking a population increase of between 20.4% and 34.1%. From 2021 to 2023, Springfield also saw a 51.5% jump in motor vehicle theft reports and a 112.8% spike in reports of shoplifting, data provided by the Springfield Police Division shows.

Springfield residents previously told the DCNF that the influx of Haitians has resulted in an uptick in car accidents, increased housing prices and strained public services. Bryan Heck, Springfield’s city manager, sent a letter to Democratic Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown, Republican Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance and Republican South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott in July requesting federal assistance to deal with the pressure migrants had placed on the housing supply.

new topics

top topics

join