It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Color hue eye test…Super cool…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This hue, saturation test asks you to pick colors in a random order. Since everyone’s mind thinks and sees different, the blue I see might be green to you. Colors are represented in format HSL. HSL stands for hue, saturation, lightness.

I will post a photo of my results below.

ismy.blue...
This is the test above!

In early experiments, we found that people's responses cluster around 175, which coincidentally is the same as the named HTML color turquoise . This is interesting, because the nominal boundary between blue and green is at 180, the named HTML color cyan . That means most people's boundaries are shifted toward saying that cyan is blue.

My results

edit on 18-9-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I'm a quilter and have (ahem) a 'bit' of fabric and I also paint so I've got a pretty good grasp of value, tone, hue, etc.

My best half see colors that have always made me think he has some kind of problem with his vision! He'll swaer a blue color is green and lighter reds as pink or orange! (My quilting friends all agree it's not my vision that's the problem here...lol)

I will quit trying to convince him he's wrong and just continue to 'mismatch' my colors. lol

It's so niice to have a rational explaination! Decades of confusion has now been solved!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Haha you are funny and its solved lol!

The oddness is that I do art too and my blue paint looks aqua to me lol.

Now I know as well as you I must have a brain problem, lol!

I was wondering why your avatar looks pink or is it? I always think nugget as gold or it is red!

I was wondering if ROY G BIV is really the color of the rainbow. 🌈

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I'm a quilter and have (ahem) a 'bit' of fabric and I also paint so I've got a pretty good grasp of value, tone, hue, etc.

My best half see colors that have always made me think he has some kind of problem with his vision! He'll swaer a blue color is green and lighter reds as pink or orange! (My quilting friends all agree it's not my vision that's the problem here...lol)

I will quit trying to convince him he's wrong and just continue to 'mismatch' my colors. lol

It's so niice to have a rational explaination! Decades of confusion has now been solved!

Oh Sweet Jesus. There's more of you ?

My Wife does all that. She's getting ready to drive 70 miles round trip because she ran out of one color of thread for her needlepoint.

You 2 are never allowed to meet.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

JJ, I'm no cyantist but it seems to me that turquoise is a shade of green.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Haha!

You are funny too!

Nope they can’t meet ever! 😃

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I mixed green and blue paint and I got turquoise! My brain must be full of wrong colors!

I agree, turquoise = green

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

My results:
"Your boundary is at hue 174, just like the population median. You're a true neutral."

So I'm normal (statistically at least).

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Nice! Let’s go paint a water tower lol! Our colors would be amazing!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I used to inspect carpet as it was dyed. I gave up on color names long ago. Not even black and grey can be assumed. One customer had 256 shades of grey and 256 shades of black. Many greys were blacker than many blacks.

You can't do color tests on a screen. It has to be with color swatch samples in a controlled lighting condition. Not even sunlight is consistent enough.

Turquoise is a rock, not a color.
edit on 18-9-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Thank you, great info!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Nice! Let’s go paint a water tower lol! Our colors would be amazing!

"hey! hand me the blue."

"here ya go."

"no. no. the other blue!"

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Hahaha! Here is aqua!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your boundary is at hue 174, just like the population median. You're a true neutral.

Lol, I guess I can continue merging into the population unnoticed, I'm happy enough with that!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

lol, you might turn into a ghost! Boo!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

185 for me...not surprising to me though...my job literally involves colors and often matching colors visually (lighting engineer and sometimes lighting designer for productions).

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Wow, that is amazing! Thank you for sharing. Lights are super important and colors have to be perfect for production!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The company who's show I am currently lighting has a greenish blue company color so I kinda had a chuckle when I saw this thread...after spending the day yesterday blending RGB and RGBA lights to make colors for their show...which funny enough barely uses their company color lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

lol, that is funny! They also have this cool tool. I am sure you know about this!

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Actually I haven't seen that app before...I am so used to doing it by eye I've never even looked for an app to do such a thing. I will have to have a mess around with it and see how well it does vs my eyes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join