It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens feedom and meanwhile in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   
:::KSIHKAHE'S LOG:: STARDATE-ABOUT TREE'FITTY: LOCATION- PLANET EARF: PLANTARY CONDITIONS-CLOWNY: OPERATIONAL STATUS-DEPLOYING ASSAULT MEMES:::

It's incredible to me seeing people that support a party of big banks, big corporations, and the MIC, increasingly feel as though they're the persecuted underdogs saving the country from tyranny.

Meanwhile, in real world California... far far away from fantasy land.

Newsom signs bill to crack down on exercising of 1st amendment rights "to protect the integrity of elections"

Satire will be illegal in California, but they'll also sue jurisdictions trying to enact voter ID rules in municipal elections... in order to protect the integrity of our elections.

At no time in my life have I seen such a mockery of liberalism as the DNC and their censorship industrial complex. Willfully violating the 1st, trying to force experimental medical treatments on citizens without informed consent, openly creating a two-tiered justice system based on political ideologies, installing candidates... and the vapid cows go "moo, to protect democracy, mooOOOooo".

I look forward to the excuses, justifications, novel use of semantics, and mental gymnastics that will follow. There will be a winner from each category and an overall champion. To the DNC quarathalon participants: good luck and may the best man, woman, non-binary, asexual, two-spirit, or other-kin, win!
edit on K281907kAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago by ksihkahe because: ETA: additional thought crimes

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Gavin Newsom, the worst governor in the US, is trying like hell to make Cali a nanny state just like the UK.
He’s run the big business out of there in addition to millions of citizens.
He is a perpetual winner of the U-Haul award for most one way exits.
Governor hair gel in all his vanity is now outlawing free speech.
He’s now in lockstep with Harris and Hilary decreeing speech he doesn’t like to be illegal.
Let the door knocking begin.
As a Cali born native it’s sad to watch but sometimes you just gotta vote with your feet.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

and it was about that time I realized that the left was the lock ness monsta.

Seriously, laws against memes. I suppose this is what you do when you have a weak meme game.
Since the founding fathers didn't mention meme's in the first amendment, they aren't protected. they are the 'assault words' we were warned about. And I suppose assault pictures. I'm just glad we are protected from such horror. The horror.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Excellent suggestion for an edit.

I should change operational status to "deploying assault memes".

Unfortunately, you're now a felon in California for aiding and abetting the production of satire.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Stealing $1000 worth of stuff from a store is perfectly okay.

But memes are illegal...

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

By the way, you're both tied for last place in the DNC quadrathalon.

You have to find ways to make this about protecting freedom, saving democracy, and enshrining your right to sacrifice your neighbor's pets to Papa Legba.

You two aren't even trying.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe

Unfortunately, you're now a felon in California for aiding and abetting the production of satire.

when meme's are outlawed, only outlaws will use memes. Or something.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Dang it, having issues uploading a gif.

Anywhoo, just imagine Jessica Lang sliding down a wall, saying “oh, the horror” - From American Horror Story.

Actually, this IS a real-life American Horror Story!
edit on 9/18/2024 by LollieK3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/18/2024 by LollieK3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The hard part will be proving that a video or picture is a deep fake .... my guess will be that politicians in control of the justice departments will use these laws to cover up the crimes of their allies.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hoping to foster a discussion. I saw both of these videos referenced in the article below spread like wildfire over social media by exremely popular pundits.

People believed they were true and accurate and continued to forward them, spread them. What do you think can be done or should be done in these instances. And these are particular examples, but this goes for all. Not all people spend time checking if a website it came from seems sketchy or analyzes what they see. If it fits their agenda they just run with it, maybe they know it's likely fake, but there are many who believe things just because they saw it online. Granted we know that some pundits have received foreign money to post, though they say they were duped, they happened to post the same talking points as the foreign country.

Microsoft explained that the video blaming Harris for a fake hit-and-run incident came from a Russian-aligned influence network it calls Storm-1516, which other researchers refer to as CopyCop. The video, whose main character is played by an actor, is typical of the group’s efforts to react to current events with authentic-seeming “whistleblower” accounts that may seem like juicy unreported news to U.S. voters, the company said.

The report revealed a second video disseminated by the group, which purported to show two Black men beating up a bloodied white woman at a rally for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. The video racked up thousands of shares on the social platform X and elicited comments like, “This is the kind of stuff to start civil wars.”

Fortune.com

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

People believed they were true and accurate and continued to forward them, spread them.

Do you mean like all the hoaxes pushed by the democrats for years even after they’ve been proven false?

Most recently the very fine people hoax and bloodbath hoax specifically.
Do you feel like a victim for believing those hoaxes?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Don't mind me, just thought it would be a good day to commit a felony.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

51 former intelligence agents agree....

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Are you a giant crustacean from the paleolithic era?!?!! If so, I already told you I don't got no damn tree-fiddy!!!!! Hehehehehehehehehe.

Instead of just saying to put a disclaimer of course we have to ban it. Just ban it. Why do they think people don't understand jokes? They think we are really dumb that's why they do the things they do.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

"The tree of memery must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

When Harris wins, expect this to become federal law.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
People in California have to make a lot more money just to survive.

They pay lots of taxes there, and their state government seems to spend it on trying to please small groups of individuals wants instead of helping everyone with their needs. Our whole country is starting to cater to people's wants and desires now and making them dependent on the government for necessities by having them stand in line at food banks. What happened to our society.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If Trump wins, maybe they’ll try to secede… 😂 🤞LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Hoping to foster a discussion.

No, you support censoring discussion.

That's why you're concern trolling about protected speech and asking me what we should do about it.

Nothing, it's protected speech.

I stopped trying to have any discussion with you because, though far from the worst offender, you employ unethical rhetorical techniques and then plug your ears when evidence of hypocrisy or information that contradicts your beliefs is presented. You have never deviated from DNC doctrine to my observation. If I wanted to have a discussion with an orthodox DNC proxy that can't deviate from approved talking points, I can always fire up Chat-GPT.

3 out of 10. You're the score to beat, but concern trolling over a problem that only exists in your mind is JV team stuff. The COTUS already addresses what we do about protected speech, which is ensure the government keeps their grubby hands off it.

If you really want discussion you could explain these portions of your platform covered in the OP. No part of the OP was about what should be done about protected expression because it's protected expression, no matter if AI is the medium used to express it.

At no time in my life have I seen such a mockery of liberalism as the DNC and their censorship industrial complex. Willfully violating the 1st, trying to force experimental medical treatments on citizens without informed consent, openly creating a two-tiered justice system based on political ideologies, installing candidates... and the vapid cows go "moo, to protect democracy, mooOOOooo".

If you can't figure out how to explain those things away then maybe you could just admit that you support the government violating basic human rights. Your reason, your justification, always boils down to eliminating things harmful to the political ambitions of the puppets you support. It's obvious to everyone, so I don't understand the hang-up all of you have about admitting it. You continue to parrot things from the most prolific purveyors of intentionally manipulated propaganda in all of recorded human history, but you claim people like me are the threat.

I'm sure your answer will be a fine example of why I don't bother replying to you, but I'd love to be surprised by you being honest about your real positions. That's the only way we can have a discussion, by both of us being honest and dealing with the real world where you support tyranny.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join