It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's first "color" revolution.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The world's first "color" revolution.

Hello, ATS!

Once, several years ago, I wrote and published a brochure about the problems of Russian education. I would like to present you with one chapter from this brochure, dedicated to the world's first "color" revolution, which the USA carried out in England during the war for independence. Following its colonial policy, the state of England prevented the formation of the new state of the USA and by 1790 almost won, having besieged and subsequently captured Charleston.

"And then in England the world's first "orange revolution" took place, the main methods of which are still used today. The brain center of this revolution was a man whose appearance is well known to everyone from the image on the $100 bill. He was a journalist, publisher, diplomat, author of the American Constitution, a Freemason, founder of the Masonic lodge "Nine Sisters" and the "Leather Apron Club" ("Junto"), which in 1743 turned into the American Philosophical Society, whose members in the period from the early 1770s to the early 1860s were elected 24 Russian scientists, including T. I. von Klingstätt (1773), E. R. Dashkova (1789), P. S. Pallas (1791), F. P. Adelung (1818), I. F. Kruzenshtern (1824), V. Ya. Struve (1853), the first American member of the St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences, Benjamin Franklin, who was at that time a representative of the US Congress in France.

The plan for the "orange revolution" in London consisted of two parts.

The first, external part, was taken over by the secret agent of the French king in London, a sharper and slave trader, the famous writer Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais. He created a fictitious firm, the trading house "Rodrigo Hortales and Company", acquired forty ships for the needs of the "house", including a 60-gun brig, received a million livres from King Louis XVI and access to French arsenals and delivered to America 216 cannons, 27 mortars, 200 gun barrels, 8 transport ships, 30 thousand rifles, as well as a large number of grenades, a huge amount of gunpowder and military uniforms, sufficient to equip twenty-five thousand people. Immediately after this, on July 4, 1776, the representatives of the 13 rebellious colonies gathered in Philadelphia in their Declaration proclaimed the independence of the United States of America. However, this assistance to France did not save it from the second "orange revolution", which began on July 14, 1789 with the storming of the Bastille and became much bloodier than the London one.

But since even this assistance was insufficient for the United States to gain complete independence, the second part of the "orange revolution" came into force directly in London. It was led by a Freemason, a Scottish aristocrat, Lord George Gordon. The true goals of the rebellion were disguised as other ones. It was decided to play up the religious factor and, using it as a signboard, achieve not only the withdrawal of British troops from America, a change in the leadership of England, but also to make it the main ally of the United States for all time. In London, an organization called the "Protestant Union" was created, which, protesting against the law adopted by Parliament on May 25, 1778, which abolished the discrimination against Catholics that had existed since the time of the last Catholic queen, Bloody Mary of the 16th century, committed bloody mayhem in London (worse than the Kyiv Maidan).

The events of the first "orange revolution" are extremely rarely mentioned in history and are known to the public thanks to the English historians R. Black and H. Butterfield, and above all, the famous novel by Charles Dickens "Barnaby Rudge".

The scenario of the "orange revolution" in London was no different from the scenarios of all subsequent revolutions. First, collecting signatures under a petition calling on Parliament to restore the abolished law, then a multitude of speakers who talked about the atrocities of the "papists" 250 years ago, the organization of the Committee of Plenipotentiaries, coordinating all the agitation. Then came the organization of mass meetings, at which the tyrant king, the fallen parliament, and the criminal government were branded, millions of leaflets and pamphlets with anti-Catholic appeals were distributed, and finally the "Protestant Union" issued an "Address to the People of Great Britain." It proclaimed the goal:

"To resist all efforts to advance the cause of Popery, to stop the ruin of the state, the ruin of the church, the establishment of double slavery, the forging of chains for the bodies and minds of the British people...
To tolerate Popery is to promote the ruin of souls now existing, and of millions of others who do not now exist, but whose existence is ordained by God. It is the direct way of inviting the vengeance of a holy and jealous God, and of bringing about the destruction of our fleets and armies, and the ruin of ourselves and our posterity. To tolerate such views is to insult the moral perfection of the God who gave us reason and immortality; it is to encourage the practice of idolatry in a Christian country."

Continued below...

edit on 18-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

some of your best work.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:58 AM
link   
But Lord Gordon voiced his true goals in Parliament - the withdrawal of British troops from the North American colonies. After receiving a refusal in Parliament and a fiery speech by Lord Gordon, in which he said that "the King's speech from the throne is full of absurdity and utterly devoid of common sense... Concessions to the Papists have alarmed the whole country, and the people are determined to protect themselves from those people who have become the government's favorites. I am not only expressing my feelings here. The government will find that I have 120 thousand people behind me! The people have expressed their feelings in resolutions and in the press", the active phase of the "revolution" began.

Protesters with a petition that collected 100 thousand signatures, in four detachments under the coordination of people with blue flags on the roofs of buildings, moved to Parliament, where they subjected not only members of the House of Commons, but also bishops to physical abuse, insults, kicks and pinches. The protesters broke into the parliament and took their places near the doors to the hall. The guards and the cavalrymen who had arrived did not dare to shoot at the people. The protesters threatened not to let anyone out until the Law they wanted was passed. But the parliament postponed the hearings, and by midnight the rebels had left the building. Mass arsons, pogroms and looting began in London, mainly of Catholic buildings and homes.

Four days later, the parliament rejected the protesters' demands and storming of administrative buildings and Newgate Prison began in London. London was plunged into bloody chaos. Minister Walpole called June 7 "Black Wednesday... For six hours straight I was sure that half the city would be reduced to cinders and ashes"

But the Archbishop of York wrote: "No mob ever acted without a certain number of well-dressed men to lead them."

As expected, the mob moved to seize the Bank of England, the Tower and the City. And only the arrival in London of large military units loyal to the king and the government allowed the rebellion to be suppressed in 3 days. According to official data, 285 people were killed or died of their wounds, 135 were arrested. Of those arrested, 59 were convicted, 21 of whom were executed.

Information about the true organizers of the "orange revolution" is extremely scarce. Judge L. Barrington wrote on June 12: "They say that in most cases the rebels were few. This is true, but not the whole truth. The most active were the guys trained by Dr. Franklin's people for the diabolical practice of arson."

Although officially the "orange revolution" was defeated, the subsequent course of events suggests otherwise. Lord Gordon was released from the Tower six months later due to unproven charges, British troops eventually left the United States, and the Great Britain-USA duumvirate subsequently became the basis of the Judeo-British civilization for centuries.

The London "orange revolution" showed both the strengths and weaknesses of such technology, which were taken into account 9 years later in Paris.
The effectiveness of the following was proven:
- mass propaganda through the press and rallies, the ability to use it to manipulate mass consciousness and actions, to change in a timely manner in a changing environment;
- interpretation of history and its use to excite the masses;
- involvement of mentally ill and unbalanced people, criminals and marginals in the process;
- management of almost online political processes, tactics, timely change of slogans and mottos;
- use of certain colors to identify "friends" and "foes";
— crowd control using some means (flags) from high buildings;
— the use of battle cries and musical accompaniment and much more.

We can observe all these methods in any modern "orange revolution". And Gene Sharp's books on color revolutions are by no means something new. All this has long been tried and tested in practice.

The London revolution also revealed one necessary condition — the education and training of both the masses of the people and their leaders at any level. And this is possible only through a long path of education through the education system. Therefore, in the 19th century, the education systems of all Western countries began to undergo rapid and radical reforms. This process also affected the Russian Empire."

Thank you

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

"The events of the first "orange revolution" are extremely rarely mentioned in history and are known to the public thanks to the English historians R. Black and H. Butterfield, and above all, the famous novel by Charles Dickens "Barnaby Rudge".

No.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So that's not true.

Quite widely mentioned in many books, films and TV.

edit on 18-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Sure. If you consider riots a revolution and ignore what happened in 1688.

Deny ignorance. Fact check.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hello Russian Troll

I am puzzled by your fixation on the color "orange". According to the story of the Gordon Riots, that would be called a "blue" revolution.

So I looked up the color revolutions in Wikipedia. Federal Republic of Yugoslavia had a Bulldozer Revolution aka 5 October (2000), Georgia had the Rose Revolution (2003), Ukraine had the Orange Revolution (2004), Kyrgyzstan had the Tulip Revolution (2005) and Armenia had the Velvet Revolution (2018).

-------
As far as education reforms go, in the U.S. at least History was taught in such a way that U.S. nationalism was emphasized, like independence from Britain was an unmitigated good thing. I sometimes wonder about the comparative differences between the U.S. and Canada. Are we so different?

British troops eventually left the United States, and the Great Britain-USA duumvirate subsequently became the basis of the Judeo-British civilization for centuries.

I'm under the impression that the strong British-U.S. alliance is more recent, like WW1 Era. The British sided with the Confederacy during the American Civil War, that caused some wounds that took a long time to heal.

Personally, I think that Jewish Emancipation in Britain and Europe in the 19th Century was a very good advancement for humanity. It's modern day notions of Judeo-Christian civilization that I find disturbing.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Greetings. It's not about the names, but about the essence of what's happening. You can call what's happening in the West riots, and in other countries, where the West is not happy with the government, revolutions. Double standards and doublethink.
You forgot about the so-called "Arab Spring" and the attempt at a "color revolution" in Russia in 2011-12.

Each of us has the right to our own opinion regarding political events and interpretation of historical facts. I have expressed my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: FullHeathen

Greetings. It's not about the names, but about the essence of what's happening. You can call what's happening in the West riots, and in other countries, where the West is not happy with the government, revolutions. Double standards and doublethink.
You forgot about the so-called "Arab Spring" and the attempt at a "color revolution" in Russia in 2011-12.

Each of us has the right to our own opinion regarding political events and interpretation of historical facts. I have expressed my opinion.

But facts trump your opinions and wordplay.

The Gordon Riots were not an attempt to change the government, any more than the Farage Riots this summer or the BLM riots.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BasicResearchMethods

Yes. There was no "revolution", orange or otherwise.

Yet more revisionism of actual history.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

"only members of the House of Commons, but also bishops to physical abuse, insults, kicks and pinches."

Pinches?

Oooh, how beastly of them.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I started reading the OP, saw it was yet another backhanded dig at England and the UK and stopped reading - possibly the first one of RT's threads I haven't read.

It looks well written as most of his threads are.....just sick of the boring, predictability of the undertones.

For the record; I actually know a little bit about The Gordon Riots, an interesting period in time.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

..... any more than the Farage Riots this summer.....

The Farage Riots?
Why on earth have you called them that?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Except for the total lack of any links, sources or evidence.

Just Brit baiting, again.

As for:

"The events of the first "orange revolution" are extremely rarely mentioned in history and are known to the public thanks to the English historians R. Black and H. Butterfield, and above all, the famous novel by Charles Dickens "Barnaby Rudge"."

A simple Google search on Lord George Gordon comes up with many results.

It was not a "revolution", and quite why it might have been "orange", no explanation is given.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I caved in and read the OP.

The Gordon Riots were indeed anti-Catholic and were particularly violent and brutal.
The history behind anti-Catholic sentiment and discrimination in the UK is long and complex.

I first learned about the riots way back in school and then did a bit of research into them a few years ago.

The links assumed linking them to the USA, its fight for independence and then The French Revolution are incredibly tenuous at best.
That they all occurred in a relatively short period of time is obviously undeniable but I can assure you in all the reading I've done on them I've never found any links.

If there are any I'd love to see them and if anyone would like to discuss the actual causes and events of The Gordon Riots and the history of anti-Catholic bigotry and eventual 'emancipation' in the UK I would welcome that as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Pinches?

Oooh, how beastly of them.

I heard the bastards even gave them Chinese burns.😮

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I knew about this, too.

I can't find anything linking this to a US plot either.

I'm a big fan of the Sharpe books and TV series.

Sharpe's mother was killed in the riots.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The brutes...

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If there are any I'd love to see them and if anyone would like to discuss the actual causes and events of The Gordon Riots and the history of anti-Catholic bigotry and eventual 'emancipation' in the UK I would welcome that as well.

Why is 'emancipation' in quotes?

Is it incomplete in some way? Besides the Crown, of coarse.

[disclosure] I was raised Protestant, so anti-Catholic. Now I don't much care either way. Domestic Bishops seem to be a political power base as much as big outfits like Southern Baptist Convention in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

..... any more than the Farage Riots this summer.....

The Farage Riots?
Why on earth have you called them that?

Because he stirred the pot good and hot...

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I guess many people did....some far more than Farage.

I'd prefer them to be called the Anti-Illegal Immigration Riots but I doubt that will catch on with MSM despite it being more accurate.

Plenty of other threads to discuss this, not really the topic of this one is it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join