It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's boys to launch new crypto coin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   
www.foxbusiness.com...

Trump's crypto platform will be called World Liberty Financial and will be formally unveiled at 8 p.m. ET by the former president at an event at his Mar-a-Lago residence that will be broadcast on X Spaces.

"We're embracing the future with crypto and leaving the slow and outdated big banks behind," Trump said in a video posted to social media platform X on Thursday.

The former president and his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump have been promoting the project on social media in recent weeks in advance of the platform's launch, though they haven't gone into detail about how the platform will operate.

I'm sure the TDS folk will crow over this, and it's exactly what is appears. If a coin emerges, it would almost have to be a meme coin. Like DOGE or SHIB INU. But the conversation with the video was interesting. Apparently the crypto world likes Trump and what he's said about it. So with a Trump presidency, we might see a resurgence of interest in crypto. It's place in the eco system has yet to solidify (IMHO) but we might see some change if we see some change.

I'm sure this will be another gold tennis shoe tagline, but what drives the value of a meme coin is fairy fart dust, and momentum. Get a good supply of either, and short, good things can happen. Not offering any advice, just offering the info.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Wonder what chain or if it will be a new chain.

If it’s a new chain I think I’ll fade it. If it’s on ETH, I’ll buy some, I’m sure it will rip for a little while.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wonder what chain or if it will be a new chain.

If it’s a new chain I think I’ll fade it. If it’s on ETH, I’ll buy some, I’m sure it will rip for a little while.

I think it would be one of those "if he makes it to the WH" things. I'll sure buy some, but not because I believe in the concept, I don't know the concept. But I'd wager the FOMO would drive a high number until.....in fact I plan to wager....

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I’d be shocked if it has more utility than an existing coin I trust. But as you said, it will probably have FOMO until November.

If it’s built from scratch someone might find an exploit, but my guess is it will be a fork with a little seasoning to call it its own (I’d prefer that).

If it’s a completely new chain, I’d be wary of the first 24 hours, those on ramps get bottlenecked and have pseudo artificial upward pressure then come down once it equalizes.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's an ERC20 coin and it's being traded on Uniswap

It's already listed on CoinMarketCap

I think I'm gonna pass, just because I'm already deeper in the crypto than I probably should be LOL

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Woof, uniswap gas prices can be atrocious.

I’ve seen transactions cost over $100 bucks on there.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I think I'm gonna pass, just because I'm already deeper in the crypto than I probably should be LOL

me too, I am under minus 50% on my investments. I got hosed letting Forbes influence a decision on "Internet Computer" and bought way too high.... my fault. I have others that suck but not like that one. I do have Solana which is the only reason I am not tapped out all the way.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Check out ASTS.

They’re a low earth orbit sat company aiming to offer 5g to unmodified smart phones.

Their prototype has gone up and done a video call. 5 sats just got launched that will start beta testing with Verizon and AT&T.

Could be more lucrative than starlink once they’re global.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
As a rule I don't do ETH- based coins, I only hold one (Blockv). i stick to the Xs XRP, XLM,XDC and some Stellar network projects like SHX.
Is it a good strategy?
🤷

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I'll throw in a few 100 bucks where do you buy it?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'll throw in a few 100 bucks where do you buy it?

I don’t think that’s the real one.

I haven’t seen an official contract address, and it sounds like they’re still trying to pump it.

You’ll likely have to have a MetaMask wallet, and load it with a coin that’s really easy to swap. But if they’re smart it will be an ERC20.

Then like he said, uniswap or something similar to swap for it.

It will be risky to say the least as there’s going to be a lot of initial pressure. A lot of these launches have a lot of initial pressure. Almost better to wait 12-24 hours to let it cool down unless you’re super fast.

That said, Trump stuff doesn’t usually follow the norm.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It looks like Donald Trump of three years ago, the Trump who did not like crypto because it hurt the American dollar has figured out that it is a scam and decided to join in the fun and profit.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
It looks like Donald Trump of three years ago, the Trump who did not like crypto because it hurt the American dollar has figured out that it is a scam and decided to join in the fun and profit.

I mean…

I think he’s an opportunist, and no doubt profiting from this kind of launch.

That said, crypto as a whole is not a scam, and already has been fluctuating at 1t~ for the whole industry. Better America be the leader of said industry than not.

It’s tech at the end of the day, and we excel in tech even if we don’t control the raw resources or manufacturing. We’re at a crossroads on correcting that path.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Blockchain will be running everything, I think Trump just realized the inevitable and adjusted wisely.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   

those are scam tokens

it has not been released yet

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Blockchain will be running everything, I think Trump just realized the inevitable and adjusted wisely.

Blockchain as a technology is going to be revolutionary IMO.

How many currencies make it will be like the dot com bubble by my guess.

But the tech could change a lot. We live in a world where we question a lot, blockchain offers ledgers to verify not just transactions, but exchanges of data. I don’t think a lot of people understand that implication.

Elections could use blockchain, and be near instantaneous while offering transparency.

AI is currently dredging all of the internet and stealing content for their algorithms. Content creators could protect their works with making users pay nominal fees in crypto instead of being subject to junk adds and having their work stolen.

It could tie into encryption, and smart contracts could ensure communication is not beholden to the giants we “trust”.

Again, I see this like the dot com bubble. I don’t buy into every newcomer, but I think it will be an industry that stays once we figure it out.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I see the logic in this but doesn't this then make the producers of those coins the focal point of the coin and the most likely to profit from it's use as an investment or currency scheme? It just appears to be one more ponzi to me. Thems in first win and thous later are squeezed out.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not World Trade Financial?
Or World Trump Financial?

Missed opportunity… WTF.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Many people tell me that the smart money is following the NFT trump offerings.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sounds legit.
May I suggest a name?
Gyptocrypto. Griftcoin? Pumpty Dumpty?
Why did Barron bail on the presentation?
Have all the golden sneakers been delivered?
He can sell off his DJT stock in a few days right?

So many questions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join