It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sets himself on fire across from Israeli consulate in Boston 9/11/2024

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The incident, which occurred on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks on New York, occurred at approximately 8:15 p.m., according to NBC Boston. A large police presence quickly followed.

Source
Outside the Israeli consulate on 9/11 of all days.
Now that should raise some eyebrows, and if you are unable to see the connection there then you have no business being on a website that purportedly claims to "deny ignorance".

I'm sure usual detractors here will call me anti-Semitic for questioning our reality and our relationship with our "greatest ally". Is it anti-Semitic to question how an American citizen can serve in the Israel army then come back and become a politician but not have his allegiance come to question?

Once upon a time this website allowed brave people to peek through the looking glass and challenge the reality they were told to believe. But sadly it looks like those days are behind us...

Dare to take peek for yourself?
X

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Is it anti-Semitic to question how an American citizen can serve in the Israel army then come back and become a politician but not have his allegiance come to question?

It depends on how deeply vested you are in organized religion.

Right now, being anti-Semitic seems to be the latest thing for people to rage over....mostly our youth. lighting yourself on fire seems a bit over the top, though-it's not like it's going to change anything.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I agree with the person commenting at the bottom of your article: www.jpost.com...

Deranged people who try to take their own life like this guy did, should do whatever is necessary to be successful. The long-term cost to society for their medical bills could be over $1 million, due to years of skin grafting and therapy.

edit on 1492024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:13 AM
link   

This is the NEWS forum. Would it be off topic to speculate?

News Flash: I was prepared to make an allegation, but Wikipedia has scooped my scoop!

Miriam Adelson sought support from candidate Trump for Israel's annexation of the West Bank. She pledged more than $100 million to Trump’s campaign in exchange for US recognition of Israeli sovereignty over Palestinian territory West Bank, where there would be no Palestinian Authority or peace accord.[42][43][44]

So I will predict that on election night, before the vote is tallied, Donald Trump will get in front of a microphone and announce his recognition of Israel's annexation of the West Bank.

Not quite legal, due to he wouldn't be President unless inaugurated, but hey! FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Israel will declare the annexation. And the American people? Between the pro-annexation crowd and the "don't give a #" crowd, that would be the easy majority.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Wow. that man was ON FIRE!! he was just burning mad! I tell you sometimes they get too HOT under the collar!!

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   

"so you've got a flag I've got my uniform"
No doubt where his loyalties lie.

They are imbedded in the British government too although more covertly than that.

The tail that wags the dog.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Now that should raise some eyebrows,...

No it shouldn't.

A mentally ill useful idiot tries to kill himself by lighting himself on fire.
His attempt fails.
Now he's going to be having all sorts of expensive medical procedures.
Paid for by the tax payer and/or insurance.
Either way ... paid for by everyone else ... tax payer money or insurance
in which case the insurance company will raise rates for everyone else to
cover the cost of his medical procedures.

He's mentally ill or a moron. Most likely both.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What reality is this meant to get us to challenge?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well, he won't do that again in a hurry.

I've not got any sympathy for these daft twonks.

Self-immolation.

What a f@nny.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Update: “My name is Matt Nelson and I am about to engage in an extreme act of protest. We are all culpable in the ongoing genocide in Gaza.”

This is from middleeasteye

Video revealing his identity only surfaced via YouTube on Friday, though police have not confirmed who he is.
“We are slaves to capitalism and the military industrial complex. Most of us are too apathetic to care. The protest I'm about to engage in is a call to our government to stop supplying Israel with the money and weapons it uses to imprison and murder innocent Palestinians, to pressure Israel to end the genocide in Gaza, and to support the ICC indictment of Benjamin Netanyahu and other members of the Israeli government,” he said, as he read from his script.

“A democracy is supposed to serve the will of the people, not the interests of the wealthy. Take the power back. Free Palestine."

Middle East Eye spoke to longtime pro-Palestine activist Zoe, who asked that we not reveal her last name or where she lives. She says she was the first to post Nelson’s video to X on Friday - a day and a half after his self-immolation. Zoe told MEE she was tipped off about the video by a friend of Nelson’s.

The ATS response so far: "He's in the hospital, He's taking money out' my wallet!"

edit on 15-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen
The ATS response so far: "He's in the hospital, He's taking money out' my wallet!"

You forgot the ... he's an idiot or mentally ill, or both.
That's important. Cuz' he is.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Should have passed that burning man some salt, pepper and seasonings, don't let stupid go to waste...

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's important.

So that's the orthodox preface to any discussion of self immolation.

There is a concept of Collective Responsibility at work here. We may say that we are only responsible for what we individually do, and that is considered sane. Yet at the same time we consider all 41,000 Palestinians who have died responsible for what some individuals did on Oct 7. And that also is called sane.

This is cognitive dissonance in the extreme. There is no solution to this dissonance except either hold oneself responsible for 41,000 deaths ("insanity") or say "those are collectively responsible but we are not" (double standard as "sane").

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

... all 41,000 Palestinians who have died ...

That's a fake number. Propaganda put out by Hamas. Totally debunked.

ATS Thread - Those Fake Death Numbers from Hamas in Gaza

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

That's important.

So that's the orthodox preface to any discussion of self immolation.

There is a concept of Collective Responsibility at work here. We may say that we are only responsible for what we individually do, and that is considered sane. Yet at the same time we consider all 41,000 Palestinians who have died responsible for what some individuals did on Oct 7. And that also is called sane.

This is cognitive dissonance in the extreme. There is no solution to this dissonance except either hold oneself responsible for 41,000 deaths ("insanity") or say "those are collectively responsible but we are not" (double standard as "sane").

You are only responsible for yourself by law. screw anything else.

new topics

top topics

join