It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet C/2023 A3 (Tsuchinshan-ATLAS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Skylive.com

wired.com

C/2023 A3, also known as Tsuchinshan–ATLAS and considered “the comet of the century,” will appear in all its splendor in our sky during September and October 2024. Due to its characteristics, astronomers believe it will be exceptionally bright, similar to Halley’s comet in 1986 or NEOWISE in 2020.

Just a heads up that potentially a once and a lifetime view for those that missed halley's comet when it came through last time.

I hope it lives up to the hype.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So much happening in the sky! It's going to be an epic and auspicious fall!

Earth’s New Visitor: Asteroid to Become Temporary Mini-moon for Two Months

Asteroid 2024 PT5 was first discovered on August 7, 2024, by the Asteroid Terrestrial-Impact Last Alert System (ATLAS). Measuring about 33 feet (10 meters) in diameter, this small asteroid will make a temporary loop around Earth starting on September 29, staying in orbit until November 25, 2024.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I was in SE Asia on a remote island in the South China Sea when the Hale-Bopp comet came through. That was an incredible sight! The island was powered by generators, and they shut the generators off at 10pm. There was exactly zero light pollution over the water. My GF (now wife) and I sat out on the beach every night and watched that comet in complete amazement. We'd also be eating these giant 10" long shrimp the locals caught and cooked up right on the beach...the experience was awesome!

Never saw anything like that before. Watched it for probably 5-6 nights, about 45 degrees above the horizon in the western sky every night.

Just thought I'd share.

I'll definitely be looking for this one you speak of. Got a cool telescope now to see it with too.

Thanks for the head's up!
edit on 9/14/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That should be an interesting site. Should be some really nice northern lights in a few days. a X4.5-class solar flare is going to give us a G3 storm in a few days, check out spaceweather to find out about it. Maybe that sunspot will add some more flares to make it even better if the CME is traveling faster and they combine to give an even better light show.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I did a lot of armchair research on comets at one time. My goal was to prove a concept that comets were the way UFOs came to our world from other stars. I have 42 thousand words on that topic that have never seen print (having been rejected a couple of places) back at the time when Comet Halley was due. Basically, the star ships are the long-period comets as the present one. They all, magically return to the exact same position from whence they came. Such motions, every single time, would be impossible given the dynamics of orbit basic physics. The beams that comets project off to the side as they approach the sun is used to keep the return motion properly in line with the point or origin.

No way I can convince anybody here on ATS...I've tried with a post or two over the years. People, government and scientists, cannot encompass such a thought, although the physical evidence is to be had if one is dispassionate about looking at data. Just as I've tried to show simple facts about Phobos and Deimos being artificially placed around Mars, nobody cares much. Of course, in these later decades, scientists and governments have much to hide as we slide toward a new beginning.
edit on 14-9-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

as good a theory as some I have read.

Is it right or wrong, cant say is it plausible certainly.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Thank you for a reasonable reply.
Plus, the cometship theory, as I call it, exactly fits as an answer into about any old or new conspiracy that comes to mind. BTW, a cometship is a natural body fashioned into a habitat.

Thinking that humanity is special is a huge stumbling block. On top of that is most people don't think. They have their opinions, acquired one way or another, and that is enough to carry them forth to eternal ignorance.

My old signature line that I can't seem to insert these days is a good starting place: "Intelligence seeks to proliferate itself not necessarily via its own kind." (An easy think is cats and dogs.)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

I am convinced its mathematically impossible that we are the smartest things in the universe.

The idea doesnt seem impossible to me, thought maybe instead of a habitat for sentient life its for AI style so they can gather information to see if it is worth the effort to travel that kind of distance.

Just a random thought, just woke up and started my caffeine drip and left hp lovecraft playing on horror babble all night while I slept so my brain is all over the place.

top topics

join