It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! Now it's Illegal to be a Victim!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You don't go to jail if you're attacked, you only go to jail if you defend yourself.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How can an American District Attorney see this video speak with witnesses and come to the conclusion to press charges so quickly?

Was this ordered from higher up? makes zero sense ~ Charges are not filed because of public sentiment for or against

It seems the shooter has been at town council meetings FWIW and it got kind of heated

x.com...

Truth
@1foreverseeking
·
40m
Pro-Israel advocate charged w/ shooting a man in the stomach Thursday night in Newton has been active in counter protests directed at a pro-Palestinian group in Quincy & attended a city council meeting Monday night.

"There is a break in the recording"...

edit on p000000309pm096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The guy's a Jew.

Duh.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well, in my humble opinion, this is more cut and dried. Rittenhouse was a lot of 'he said - she said'. This one is straight up caught on video...dead to rights! There's no arguing what happened, nor who the attacker was. This dude wasn't some security guard; he was just a regular guy on the street exercising his rights when he was violently attacked.

Rittenhouse was a 17 y/o kid and the only thing that saved his bacon was a video of how he tried to flee three thugs that were attacking him before opening fire.
That's why I think this is so similar; a huge waste of time and txpayer money.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Gets even worse my fellow ATS'rs!
check out the stoopidity level in this town here in Amerka!

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: putnam6

The guy's a Jew.

Duh.

Respectfully I know a few Massholes I didn't know there was mass anti-semitism, but I suppose it's understandable.

but it's Friday and Im working an edible so my thought process is a little more sus than usual.

so watching the council meeting there was the useless resolution wanting a ceasefire a few members abstained from voting one even saying this is not what Im here Im here for issues pertaining to th citizens of Quincy

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
Gets even worse my fellow ATS'rs!
check out the stoopidity level in this town here in Amerka!

FWIW not that we aren't cousins with the Canadians but this happened in Ontario Canada I believe.~

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   
and people wonder why I am content to live with my family in the middle of alaska, someone attacks me and I shoot them troopers might critique my aim but thats going to be about it.

Such an insane world and millions will vote for more of this type of decision making.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Likewise, people (even some family members) wonder why we love living out in the middle of nowhere like we do. I mean, we definitely qualify as 'Boondocks, USA'. It's nearly 2 miles by road to the nearest neighbor, 4 miles to the nearest County road, 8 miles to the nearest paved road, and almost 20 miles to the nearest store / gas station. Heck, our driveway is over a mile long!

I absolutely could NOT live in the city! I'd go nuts.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Proper clown world this one is.
Not the funny sort of clowns either.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Irishhaf

Likewise, people (even some family members) wonder why we love living out in the middle of nowhere like we do. I mean, we definitely qualify as 'Boondocks, USA'. It's nearly 2 miles by road to the nearest neighbor, 4 miles to the nearest County road, 8 miles to the nearest paved road, and almost 20 miles to the nearest store / gas station. Heck, our driveway is over a mile long!

I absolutely could NOT live in the city! I'd go nuts.

These are just such incredibly unjustified charges
(as are the Canadian assault with a weapon charge when the last was playing and accidentally squirted a neighbor on his chest)

The Quincy man did nothing wrong even if he was on the radar if he frequented city council meetings and protests, he ran into an overzealous prosecutor, and or rubbed a city council person the wrong way

here's the DA

x.com...

It's like someone said elsewhere

The man came across the street and attacked the man and was throttling his neck with his hands, was he supposed to let him kill him? His only retreat would be to shoot himself and then the Quincy DA would have charged him with suicide and discharging a firearm in public.

edit on p000000309am096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Personally, I think the big mega cities are why we appear to have lost our humanity.

When you have no personal space, no peace and quiet, no freedom to just be you, it does bad things to the human mind.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Self defense or not, pulling a gun and shooting someone for 'beating on him' was disproportionate and craven.

Taking a gun to a demonstration, or to a fist-fight is plain yellow.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: covent

Self defense or not, pulling a gun and shooting someone for 'beating on him' was disproportionate and craven.

chocking to death isnt beating on.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: covent

No it isnt.
what was that saying? God made men but Sam Colt made men equal?

I don't see a problem with someone using a gun for self defence, they might not be any good at fighting.
There is no law in the world that compels a person to fight in the manner most beneficial to the person attacking them.
edit on thpSun, 15 Sep 2024 04:28:15 -050020242024-09-15T04:28:15-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spellin

<< 1   >>

join