It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! Now it's Illegal to be a Victim!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Get this!!!.... Now you can be attacked and STILL go to JAIL!

A pro-Israeli group of protesters is protesting in MA along a city street. Some random dude on the other side of the street starts talking smack. Then...he runs across the street and tackles one of the protesters and starts beating on him. The victim then draws a pistol and shoots the attacker. The fight ends.

The victim is then arrested and charged with violating the attacker's Constitutional rights causing injury and assault and battery with a deadly weapon...FOR DEFENDING HIMSELF....while EXERCISING HIS CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!

YOU LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE THIS SH!T UP, FOLKS!!!

Pro-Israel demonstrator charged after shooting attacker

Edit - If this had been the other way around, there'd be a F'ing PARADE going on right now...following the SUMMARY EXECUTION of the pro-Israel attacker by the police.

edit on 9/13/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I was just watching this and going to post a thread. Clear case of self defense.

I watched the video and the guy ran across the street, tackled the man and had his hands around his throat.

Don't FA if you don't want to FO.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Suffered life threatening injuries.

Must be pretty damn tough, it looked like he was still fighting them after being shot.

Deserved what he got, and I hope some high profile lawyers help out the guy that shot him.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Heh, the DA must LOVE Trump because this one might just get him elected!

This will be ALL OVER the MSM here shortly!!!!

I'm sure the Governor of MA has already called the DA and asked her if she's lost her F'ING MIND!

They're gonna' get their collective asses sued off for this stunt!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Oh, you can COUNT on that!!

BTW...this is why I always tell people not to expect someone to fly backwards through the air after being shot (like in the movies). Many attackers don't even know they've been shot at first. It takes a few seconds to realize what has happened, and even longer if drugs are involved.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The go fund me set up for the veteran is over 100,000 so far

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Here's the thing...

Scott Hayes, 47, of Framingham, has been charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, as well as violation of a constitutional right causing injury,

Oh, hang on there. The man who defended himself violated the other guy's rights ? Are they really that stupid ?

The man who attacked him violated his rights but they're gonna charge the guy who defended himself. A lawyer fresh from school outta be able to get him off.

This is the world we live in folks.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Precisely! As I noted above also.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

A similar thing happened in my neighborhood.

There's a guy that sells MAGA and Trump stuff in front of the local supermarket. Being California he gets a bit of grief from some of the passers by but he never responds.
One day last month a guy approached his setup screaming obscenities at him and started pouring lighter fluid on his merchandise. He attempted to stop him and the guy started throwing punches. The vendor returned the favor and laid him out cold. Dude smacked his head hard when he went down resulting in hospitalization. Now the vendor has been charged with assault - no charges for the attacker.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I predict we will see this incident get a lot more media attention, and it will illustrate just how unhinged the left really is. This is what I was alluding to in my earlier reply about the 'DA must love Trump'. That may have seemed like an odd statement, but here was the reasoning behind it...

We all know the tension of the Israeli / Palestinian issue which is in the media every day. One of the focal points of these protests have been along the eastern seaboard. Consequently, I'm betting the DA thought it would be a great idea to prop up the debate with her knee-jerk reaction to charge the victim with assault, but it will backfire BIGLY. Won't matter though...because the blood thirsty, anti-gun, lefty MSM will pick up this juicy sound-byte anyway and run with it. It's got every ingredient they love...violence, shooting, pro-palestinian gets shot...just everything....plus a cherry on top.

In the end, this case will get launched into the Sun (if it ever makes it to trial). I predict it will get dismissed within the coming days, but again it won't matter. The damage has been done, and the true colors of these liberal weaponized justice systems has been once again exposed.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Wait...what does that mean for the "victim class" of society?

You know, the people who are offended by any thing, can't get a driver's license and are always persecuted by police...

They can't just eliminate half of their voting base. Can they?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I've freaking tried. I've thought about it a few times, and the only conclusion I can come up with is arresting him is to prevent protest and angry mobs.

Just looking into an alternate reality I can see the protests you speak of happening had he NOT been charged. It's almost like sacrificing him because they don't want the outcry if they didn't.

That's one reason. Then I looked her up, hoping to defend her logic.

Maybe... No I'm sure it's also politicking on the part of the DA, Middlesex County District Attorney Marian Ryan.

In March 2021, District Attorney Ryan hired Antonia Soares Thompson to be Middlesex County's first Director of Racial Justice Initiatives. The position was created to create cultural competency trainings for prosecutors and local police departments in Middlesex. These efforts are intended to foster greater trust in the community. The creation of this new position continued District Attorney Ryan's commitment to racial justice initiatives in Middlesex County which include the formation of the Anti-Hate, Anti-Bias Task Force and emphasis on diversionary measures.

Next step is probably saying, "This is another Soros progressive DA justice warrior""

Which is the ONLY talking point for the politics to why the guy within his rights was charged. He's gonna have the best conservative lawyers money can buy and a quarter million in crowdsourcing for expenses.

It's really hard to defend endemic politicking in the justice system when charges are filed because your constituency expects it, or you're preemptively appeasing unrest at the expense of a seemingly justified individual.

The left made the right easy to believe, unless there is a side of this story I am missing. Time to test Massachusetts "No duty to retreat."
edit on 13-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

There's some sense in your words, a lot actually, as sad and disturbing as it is.

I'll bet if we got some bright lights and some good truth serum, we'd hear words like..."Greater good...necessary to preserve civil order...(and)...I'm AFRAID of my constituents!"

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Brings back memories of Nicholas Sandmann and Kyle Rittenhouse. The propaganda didn't work then and it won't work now.

It's just more MSM fodder for those who don't think for themselves.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

that's to be expected in a blanked up state like massachusetts. no stand your ground law (got to retreat first) or legal carry without permit.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Well, in my humble opinion, this is more cut and dried. Rittenhouse was a lot of 'he said - she said'. This one is straight up caught on video...dead to rights! There's no arguing what happened, nor who the attacker was. This dude wasn't some security guard; he was just a regular guy on the street exercising his rights when he was violently attacked.

Candidly, I'd likely have shot the attacker also if I'd been in the same scenario.

Oh, I'm sure the DA will gin up some "illegal gathering" nonsense, or "no permit to protest", but that changes little.

This is a slam-dunk case for even the most junior defense counsel. And the hell of it is, this guy will have some of the best legal representation money can buy for his case. There are defense lawyers fighting each other right now for this case!! And, over in the civil litigation world, they're probably taking bets in Vegas about how much they can get out of the State of MA for this stunt!

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Be interesting to see how well that 'have to retreat' law holds up when there's video of an attacker with his hands on the throat of his victim!

DOH!!

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

yeah, i would think that video showing someone on top of you beating your ass rules out the retreating first.
makes me think of zimmer man and not so little trayvon. some half way built young sob on top of some old overweight or young overweight person whopping their ass rules out retreating.

self defense should come in to play then.

edit on 13-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

He's already out on bail:

Hayes spoke briefly as the judge and lawyers discussed the conditions of his $5,000 bail, which they said he would meet, and his lawyer told the judge, as part of discussions on the conditions of his release, that he's a full-time contractor.

Hayes answered a question from the judge about how often he attends religious services — lawyers had been seeking that he be ordered to stay at home except for attending religious events along with work, legal appointments and medical visits. The man said he attends weekend services "sporadically" and noted it was "fine if it's excluded" from the judge's ruling, but the judge ultimately set a curfew instead, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. She also ordered him to stay away from the victim and Newton, except for its highways, and possess no weapons.

Hayes is due back in court Nov. 7. It's unclear whether Hayes will claim self-defense.

Newton demonstration shooting: Man charged appears in court, new details from police

Edit to add:
The attacker will also probably face charges once he's out of hospital.

Officials in court documents identified the man who was shot as Caleb Gannon. In an update near 4 p.m. Friday, the Middlesex DA’s office, said Gannon, 31, of Newton was receiving treatment at a hospital and is expected to survive his injuries.

The DA’s office said police also applied for a criminal complaint charging Gannon with assault and battery. Under state law, the DA’s office said Gannon will be summonsed to court for a hearing to determine whether probable cause exists.
In addition his the assault and battery with a dangerous weapon charge, Ryan on Thursday said Hayes was also arrested on the charge of violation of a constitutional right causing injury. By the time he was arraigned, prosecutors had dropped that charge.

Framingham man appears in court after arrest in connection with shooting at Newton pro-Israel protest

Let's not panic. It is possible that once the initial attacker gets charged, the shooter may get charges dropped. Things like that do happen.
edit on 13-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah, well People's republic of Massachusets.....so figures....Ain't Communism grand ?

<<   2 >>

join