It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.7 quake 0.8km above ground USGS event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, I live near Bremerton and as far as I can tell nothing flew overhead. It's possible that it was something along the lines of misdialed in equipment, or even a possible sky quake, but a meteor is the most likely if the boom was above the ground.

If it had been a missile that flew over our heads the many military bases would be going nuts right now, and yet that isn't happening either.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Well, I live near Bremerton and as far as I can tell nothing flew overhead. It's possible that it was something along the lines of misdialed in equipment, or even a possible sky quake, but a meteor is the most likely if the boom was above the ground.

If it had been a missile that flew over our heads the many military bases would be going nuts right now, and yet that isn't happening either.

I do not know but your comment made me search because I thought we had issues with tracking cruise missiles at one time. I in no way think it is a missile attack but Im not certain they would be immediately identifiable or trackable.

The article doesn't make it seem as cut and dried if it were a cruise missile

www.airandspaceforces.com...

A plan to build OTHR Over-the-horizon radar in Alaska was abandoned after the Cold War ended, but the emerging threat of cruise missiles from possible adversaries such as China and Russia has brought the system back into focus.

Unlike ballistic missiles, which follow predictable flight paths, cruise missiles can maneuver unpredictably at low altitudes, be launched from a range of platforms, and may reach hypersonic speeds as technology develops.

The Air Force plans to build four OTHRs for North American Aerospace Defense Command/U.S. Northern Command (NORAD/NORTHCOM), but the process is in the early stages; on Aug. 21, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers released a sources sought notice for building “two remote sites in the North-West United States.”

The Air Force is bringing back an old radar technology to detect cruise missiles, but experts warn it must be deployed sooner alongside a comprehensive network of missile detecting and defeating systems to be effective.

Over-the-horizon radar (OTHR) was first developed during the Cold War to detect Soviet bomber attacks from thousands of miles away, according to the Federation of American Scientists. Most radars are limited by the curvature of the Earth, allowing potential threats to fly ‘under the radar’ without being detected. But OTHR bounces high-frequency radio signals off the ionosphere, which starts about 50 miles above the Earth’s surface. The descending signals rebound off objects below, then back off the ionosphere before returning to the receiver. OTHR provides early warning of incoming threats more than 1,000 miles away, much farther than conventional radar systems.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll I agree that we should stop funding ukraine. If putin nukes NATO sadly this would be the result.
x.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OK USGS has the depth at -.4km now with an uncertainty of +/- 1.6km so in all likelihood it was a minor earthquake.

48.489°N 119.984°W
± 0.6 km
Depth
uncertainty
-0.4 km
± 1.6

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone44

It's nice to hear a sober assessment of the situation in the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: bluemooone44

It's nice to hear a sober assessment of the situation in the world.

If we are going to get in on let's get it over with, I'm tired of sitting in the waiting room reading the same magazine

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

It's simple, stop funding Ukraine and supplying it with weapons that NATO soldiers use to kill Russian citizens on Russian territory.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Ravenwatcher

It's simple, stop funding Ukraine and supplying it with weapons that NATO soldiers use to kill Russian citizens on Russian territory.

So it's cool that Putin just rolled in and started killing Ukrainians? Are they not supposed to fight back?

They gave up their nukes because Nato promised protection we have an obligation.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

But any normal person wants to avoid total destruction.

Any normal person doesn't threaten total destruction with the use of first strike nuclear weapons, especially for no other reason than because they've thrown their toys out the pram.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

a reply to: McUrnsalso

It is good that Americans see Russia's response to NATO aggression in every natural phenomenon. Maybe they will think about their government's actions?

Our government has no leaders at the helm. We're wide open.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

It is good that Americans see Russia's response to NATO aggression in every natural phenomenon. Maybe they will think about their government's actions?

Our government has no leaders at the helm. We're wide open.

Just watched live coverage of biden talking to the UK prime minister, or some UK official, where he, biden was asked, by the press, about Putin's last declaration concerning long-range weapons being used against Russia proper. Biden's short comment, with a smirk on his face was, " I don't think about Putin at all". We are being lead into a nuclear confrontation by idiots and insane zealots.
edit on 13-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

Have said it before, the democrat party is the party of pure evil and will destroy this nation to remain in power. Not only this nation but they will blow up the entire world for power.

PS: And yes, there are republicans with this same mentality.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
as of right now we have:
at 8:37 PDT a 1.2 over Big Bear California depth -0.4 Mi
at 2:12 PDT a 2.6 over Winthrop Washington depth -0.2 Mi
at 16:06 PDT on 9/12 over Kapowsin Washington depth -0.3 Mi
at 15:12 PDT on 9/12 over/at Milford Utah depth -0 Mi
at 12:39 PDT on 9/12 over Apple California depth -0.6 Mi
at 12:02 PDT on 9/12 over Mission Canada depth -0.4 Mi
at 11:13 PDT on 9/12 over Virginia City Montana depth -1.2 Mi
at 11:09 PDT on 9/12 over Bonadelle Ranchos-Madera Ranchos California depth -0.2 Mi
at 3:28 PDT on 9/12 over/at Alamo Nevada depth 0 Mi

That's all the possible in air or ground level quakes I'm showing for the past day or so.

Can anyone figure out a link between these places, that would be great.

Also, to the Russian Troll, we already Know that Putin won't generically attack the US, he has no grievances against the people here only the policy makers. If these quakes were taking place in DC then maybe you would have a soapbox to stand on, but since they are not then you don't.

If you, RussianTroll are in fact in Russia, then you might help out by looking into those blasts that have been reported over the Siberian territories. There might be a geological connection we need to seek out.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Maybe the Military is Testing a New Weapon.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Could have been a small meteor that hit there. Some meteors do not make big fireballs, it depends what it was made of.

Could have also been a shift within a mountain, that could have happened at the same time a little shallow quake happened which makes both related to one another.

Could be a handful of events that can cause that, I suppose that we will have to wait a year before they tell us what they found to explain this event. I suppose it could have been a warning shot or maybe someone is mining in that area.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join