It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conservative weighs in on the Taylor Swift issue.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Megyn Kelly is a conservative talk show host, podcaster, and social critic. She's also a Trump supporter. Kelly has issued a big public "F**k You!" to Swift and her boyfriend, Travis Kelce.

I'm asking the Harris\Walz supporters here to take just 5 minutes to watch Kelly's rant, and then share their opinion. Is this just right-wing hysteria? Do you agree with any of it? Is there any substance to the hypothetical scenario Kelly describes, with the hypothetical adolescent girl who decides she wants to be a boy? Is it just a bunch of melodramatic right-wing nonsense?

edit on 12-9-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here's my 2 cents, FWIW...

So, does anyone else remember that other blonde star, that thought Chicken of the Sea was Chicken? That is about how much faith I have, that many of these stars have NO CLUE as to the depth of the issues they "support" like the lady in the video is talking about.

So I have to agree on that point. If she really did come out and get specific, instead of just saying "I support Harris", they are not being very good role models, with their support.
I don't see her offering to pay for reversal surgery, when things go bad for some of these kids. Or how about just some therapy beforehand?

I will say, I will give Lady Gaga (even though I don't listen to her music either) more credit than most. She seems pretty dang intelligent, like maybe she actually reads about issues.
Could be wrong?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I remember being told republicans love giving tax breaks for their millionaire buddy’s while people like swift and Marc Cuban support democrats. But then again climate activist swift also has a carbon footprint bigger than the town I live in.

Ultimately anyone listening to the options of the extremely wealthy is a bit foolish. They don’t live in the same world as the average American and neither do the politicians they endorse.
Make up your own mind by doing a little research and fact checking. I know that’s asking for a lot.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Is there any substance to the hypothetical scenario Kelly describes, with the hypothetical adolescent girl who decides she wants to be a boy? Is it just a bunch of melodramatic right-wing nonsense?

The hypothetical; Show us the clip where Taylor actually recommends this to girls. Does she recommend that her fans surf the dark web?

And what's that about the Pfizer shot? Myocarditis what? The dude got the shot himself. It's not like he's pushing something he didn't get himself.

ETA

The Harris - Walz ticket says politicians don't belong in the medical consultancy process. I agree with that. Maybe Swift agrees with that to. So I certainly don't belong in the room, and maybe Swift doesn't think she belongs in the room either. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
edit on 12-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Show us the clip where Taylor actually recommends this to girls.

She didn't. That's why it's hypothetical.

And what's that about the Pfizer shot? Myocarditis what? The dude got the shot himself. It's not like he's pushing something he didn't get himself.

He was paid millions of dollars by Pfizer to recommend the vaccine. He appeared in commercials that were aired during NFL games and college games. I think that qualifies as "pushing" the vaccine. Are you saying that as long as he got the vaccine himself, it's OK to push it? How do we know for certain that he actually got the vaccine?

The Harris - Walz ticket says politicians don't belong in the medical consultancy process.

If they believe that "politicians don't belong in the medical consultancy process", why do they promote all this:
Walz promotes trans surgery

Free abortions

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Why anyone would care is a statement to how vapid our society has become.
edit on 12-9-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Queen of the Cat Ladies has spoken.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's disturbing, but people really are that unaware. It's like when several million people thought that Oprah or The Rock would make a good president.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The particular hypothetical that Megyn is posing is that a 13-year-old girl is going through puberty, is experiencing stress in her life (parents divorcing, acne, autism, etc.), is recruited and "groomed" by Reddit users into the "transgender" lifestyle, undergoes gender reassignment surgery against her parents' wishes, and then comes to regret it for the remainder of her/his wretched life. Megyn then lays a guilt trip on Taylor Swift as the proximate cause for this poor creature's suffering.

Both elements of that hypothetical are weak.

Megyn's fundamental, underlying belief--quite possibly from her Catholic upbringing--seems to be that trans-genderism is not a real thing. A fundamental fact about transgenderism is that it results in an individual who is fundamentally internally conflicted and at war with themself, no matter what they do. If they leave their body unaltered, they spend the rest of their life feeling psychologically "trapped" in the wrong body--not being true to themself. If they medically alter their body to better match their persona, they are left with a rather poor simulation of the other-gendered body and are continually surrounded by people who consider them a freak, or worse. There is no choice there that leaves them with a whole, "normal" life. So they end up trying to figure out which is the least worst option.

If you take a religious view, it's probably hard for you to accept that a perfect God would create someone as imperfect as that, especially when you have the counterexample of 90+% of the population being hopelessly (and relatively happily) heterosexual. So the easy thing to believe is that God didn't really do that, and that individuals are wrong for believing that God would do that. So the answer is to "pray it away".

From my reading of the research literature, it's obvious that the "pray the gay/lesbian/trans away approach absolutely, positively does not work. People don't go shopping around for a gender/sexual identity on Reddit and then choose something trendy. I didn't. I assume you didn't. I actually don't know anyone who did. As people mature from childhood into adulthood they come to discover who they are; they don't decide to become something that is internally conflicted and at odds with what society wants them to be, just to irritate the religious fundamentalists for fun. The vast majority of individuals who come to believe that they are biologically of one gender with the personality of another gender show indications of that understanding early in life, many years before puberty. So if a girl gets to be 13 years old and suddenly "decides" that she's trans, that's a giveaway right there that she's probably not and will probably get filtered out. The very first thing that a counselor would investigate is when the individual first supposedly started showing gender dysphoria. If the onset coincides with environmental stresses like divorce, acne, autism, etc. that's one of the easiest patterns to pick out. After all, Megyn Kelly did. Trained counselors recognize that a personality is not usually fully-formed until age 18, and that's one reason that surgeons won't perform the surgery until the individual is 18 or older. Some places allow the surgery at age 17 with parental permission, but the large majority of gender reassignment surgeries take place on individuals in their early to mid twenties. Moreover, research also shows that only about 1% or less of those who choose gender reassignment surgery express regret after the fact. I think that's actually a very small number when you recall that an individual facing the choice of gender reassignment surgery is being asked to select the least worst of two imperfect choices. If you were born into a biologically female body but you've come to believe that your persona is male, you will understandably be uncomfortable in life. But what you have to guess is whether you will be less uncomfortable in life if you surgically alter your body to simulate being a male, recognizing that you will never be a highly convincing male, by society's standards. You have to compare one kind of being uncomfortable that you've actually experienced with another kind of being uncomfortable that is hypothetical. The fact that 99% of the population that made that choice does not express regret after they've had the opportunity to experience both realities suggests to me that the process is working relatively successfully. I personally would assess the statistical likelihood of Megyn's full horror fantasy playing out in all the details as less than 1 chance in 1000.

Then there's the question of moral responsibility for this low probability of occurrence adverse outcome. It seems to me that the greater amount of moral responsibility has to be assigned to those who are closest to the actual decisions and events. First in line is the individual who is seeking the surgery. I don't see any reason to absolve the transgender individual from moral responsibility for the decision as long as he/she is surrounded by responsible adults who are committed to finding the truth for that individual. As I have said, I am hopelessly heterosexual. I am glad I was never faced with having to select from between two relatively imperfect choices. But if I had been faced with that choice, I would not want to have been surrounded by religious zealots who believed that choosing gender reassignment surgery is fundamentally evil no matter what. Nor would I want to have been surrounded by individuals who believed I should undergo the surgery just because it would make them somehow feel better about themselves--maybe as Social Justice Warriors or something. In my opinion, if an individual truly is transgender, it would be a mistake to not recognize that fact and take actions to recognize that fact in their life in some way or another. On the other hand, if an individual is NOT transgender, it would also be a huge mistake to try to make them into something they are not. In my opinion, the first requirement for dealing with this issue in a morally responsible manner is to not be pre-committed to any one particular outcome.

The first level of responsibility for acting in this manner is the supposedly transgender individual him/her self.

The second level of moral responsibility would be the parents and doctors who are supposed to be acting unselfishly in the interests of the supposedly transgender individual.

I would say that Taylor Swift is way, way, way down the line.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I am thoroughly embarrassed that I gave Megyn Kelly's rant a second thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   
BiPolar.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen

The Harris - Walz ticket says politicians don't belong in the medical consultancy process. I agree with that.

Are you saying people like Rand Paul shouldn't be politicians ? Or that doctors could be politicians as long as they keep their mouths shut about a subject they know about ?

If we get rid of doctors in politics can we also get rid of the lawyers? Oh right. If we did that there wouldn't be anyone left .

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Where was Ms Kelly's outrage when Trump thought Swift supported him?

I guess the Right is having the meltdown now!

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Of course Trump was wrong to say Swift endorsed him when she didn't. I don't know if Kelly had anything to say about that.

As for the OP, do you think there's any validity to her comments?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Are you saying people like Rand Paul shouldn't be politicians ?

That's flipping the script.

Suppose I was blind in Kentucky. A corneal transplant could restore my sight.

Rand Paul would be the doctor in the room. What I don't want is some other politician in the room saying, "No. No. Can't be done. You sir are male. The Cornea donor is female. We won't allow transgender surgery here."

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   

As for the OP, do you think there's any validity to her comments?

No. And I think Megan Kelly was being disingenuous in pretending that the reason for Swift's endorsement and the timing of it wasn't because Trump, and company, used her image without her consent. Kelly only quoted part of that part of Swift's statement as an aside, with an added "Blah, blah, blah", after her rant.

[bold mine]

Like many of you, I watched the debate tonight. If you haven’t already, now is a great time to do your research on the issues at hand and the stances these candidates take on the topics that matter to you the most. As a voter, I make sure to watch and read everything I can about their proposed policies and plans for this country.

Recently I was made aware that AI of ‘me’ falsely endorsing Donald Trump’s presidential run was posted to his site. It really conjured up my fears around AI, and the dangers of spreading misinformation. It brought me to the conclusion that I need to be very transparent about my actual plans for this election as a voter. The simplest way to combat misinformation is with the truth.

I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election. I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them. I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos. I was so heartened and impressed by her selection of running mate @timwalz, who has been standing up for LGBTQ+ rights, IVF, and a woman’s right to her own body for decades.

I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make. I also want to say, especially to first time voters: Remember that in order to vote, you have to be registered! I also find it’s much easier to vote early. I’ll link where to register and find early voting dates and info in my story.

With love and hope,

Taylor Swift
Childless Cat Lady

I think Kelly's having a meltdown because she thinks it matters that Taylor Swift is throwing her support to Harris. I think she knows that Swift probably wouldn't have even weighed in on 2024 election if Trump hadn't made it personal.

edit on 5020242024k46America/Chicago2024-09-12T22:46:50-05:0010pm2024-09-12T22:46:50-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I think Megan Kelly is having a meltdown because she use to be queen of the hill with a prime time show on Fox but used it to trash Trump and be a smart ass and now no one cares about her

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Where was Ms Kelly's outrage when Trump thought Swift supported him?

I guess the Right is having the meltdown now!

You need to guess again. They are loving it.

Even this social liberal I am says YEAAAA! when I hear Swifties for Trump!

Love it.

Why, because the Dems are EVIL MO fo's now. They are evil, sick pedos and the RINO's are not true conservative, liberal these groups are for whom ever their puppet masters tell them to be and whatever evil they are told to promote.

Prove me wrong and I will capitulate to better data.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

I think Megan Kelly is having a meltdown because she use to be queen of the hill with a prime time show on Fox but used it to trash Trump and be a smart ass and now no one cares about her

I think the word you accidently misspelled after the words "having a" is spelled "Epiphany"!

I had one about 2016 mid summer when I realized we DID NEED Donald J Trump. Before he was a blowhard to me. Now he is OUR BLOWHARD and you better be telling the truth because he will catch your ass and barbecue your lies. I was only voting against Hillary the wicked witch.

edit on 13000000473020249America/Chicago09am9 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join