It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks and the New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have 3 recent examples of banks' changing policies that are disturbing with no purpose other than moving towards our control and punishment.

I got money out of the ATM, which has a $3 charge. I then drove up to the drive thru window to get smaller bills for the $50. Because I didn't have an account there they wouldn't do it because they need to have a record of all cash transactions. I can't see any reason they would need a record of who they gave 2 20's and a 10 to for a $50 bill.

A bank was listed as having a high yield for a savings account with a low minimum deposit required. Enticing. I started the application but at the end there were extensive personal questions. I wish I could remember them but they went on forever and had nothing to do with me giving them my money and them giving me interest on it. At the end you had to swear everything stated was true. I had no intention of answering all of them truthfully, they weren't important and not the banks business. It seemed like a scary setup for either confiscating the money or punishment so I didn't complete the application.

Today a national carpet company came to give me an estimate on some new wall to wall. I wanted to extend the payments for the year with no interest. I have excellent credit and cost was minimal. So when I was declined credit from Synchrony I didn't break a sweat and called them while the sales men waited. I wasn't declined as they told the carpet company. The application was pending. That was surprising because that kind of credit is usually approved immediately. They needed to send me a link with a QR code to scan. I don't want the bank in my phone so I told the caviling agent I didn't have a phone, blah blah blah. I'll see how it goes BUT the salesman was furious. The bank was telling them customers credit was declined when it just needed an extra step eliminating his sales.

It feels like they are slipping on a choker chain.

Do these examples seem disconcerting to others?

edit on 11-9-2024 by soulrevival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   

The Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations says JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and Bank of America collectively refused to reimburse $880 million in Zelle transactions that customers reported as fraud between 2021 and 2023.

Although this shocking headline is saying the problem is the bank partnering with Zelle, an app for transferring money, an online search comes up with plenty of complaints of these banks not reimbursing their card holders for random fraudulent charges.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I had a similar kind of experience a few months ago. Got a message from my bank saying it was doing a new identity verification program and had to provide some personal information about my financial overview. I answered the standard stuff, but refused the more intrusive information. It was not until I was locked out of my account that I got a support number to call. Was able to do the verification over the phone without the more invasive questions. Here is a thread on it:

Support call for digital id and banking

As this information age continues to expand, going to be a lot of challenges along the way.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   
originally posted by: kwaka

I think these quiet, little things are going to add up for a big hurt.
edit on 11-9-2024 by soulrevival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I had a recent hiccup with my financials as well and it wasn't a good thing...I have good credit but live on a very meager Disability alongside my husband and we live with his retired parents who are also on a fixed income. Getting back in control of matters was a nightmare.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I had a recent hiccup with my financials as well and it wasn't a good thing...I have good credit but live on a very meager Disability alongside my husband and we live with his retired parents who are also on a fixed income. Getting back in control of matters was a nightmare.

The time and stress including the idiotic prompts you have to manage to talk to anyone. They hold the cards.

Sorry you had to go through that.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I always have since i started earning money, detested banks. They treat you like a criminal with all their questions and the only photo i.d. they take here in Ireland is a drivers license or a passport.
Well at the time i didnt drive and my passport was out of date. I had a furious row because it was obviously me on the passport but they weren't having it.

So i joined the credit union who do current accounts. And their rates are very low im delighted with them. Never had one complaint about them at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

I belong to a credit union in the US. They've been good to me. Maybe that's a better way to go.

They treat us like criminals when our income and expenses are obviously ordinary people living our lives. We're not putting them in the poor house. Wait, who's the criminal?!

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: soulrevival

Wait, who's the criminal?!

We all know that the banks are the answer to that one.

Everyone reading this, transfer your income to the credit union. You'll be glad you did.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hey everything to catch those tax evaders. Prolly why we approved all that in the first place.
Nevermind some are too big to fail..
edit on 11-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Usually when I spoke to an operator they only had information on their screens to go by and weren't able to help in any way, shape or form.

I called in a panic one time and the woman on the phone started talkng so fast I couldn't process the information and directions she was giving me and I started crying and just hung up.

It's exceedingly complicated, especially when dealing with a Federal Credit Union and a mental illness.

Very confusing, like trying to navigate a maze with a blindfold on.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Thanks for your testimony. It's a good record of how banks treat us.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Let me share that my mom’s sister left this world. She left me a TOD transfer on death in my name only. I went to the bank with the death cert.

The death says pending cause. It won’t be updated for 4 to 6 months. She is dead and they won’t transfer the money because it says pending.

This has happened at 3 banks! Crazy!

Do the banks want me to roll er ole bones in the front door!
edit on 12-9-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Wow, what a screw job. And so unnecessary.

Even harder if it was someone's spouse plus they needed the money.

3 banks, brutal!

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulrevival

The Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations says JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and Bank of America collectively refused to reimburse $880 million in Zelle transactions that customers reported as fraud between 2021 and 2023.

Who's stealing $880,000,000 if not the b**ks.

top topics

join