It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook slowing down access to political posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have noticed b Facebook when either political party politician has an announcement or is being lambasted by the opposition for excessive spending or otherwise.

For some reason the pages are so slow to respond, and eventually revert you the Facebook feed page.

Has anyone else noticed this?, is it censorship by Facebook or political interference by That nation off Taiwan.

All other pages work well.
edit on 9-9-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I don't do facebook.

I have a facebook page, but only get on like twice a year.

Wanna' see censorship? Try leaving comments on YAHOO.

Far left and worst censoring I have ever seen anywhere on message boards.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Hah! Google does it differently. A few minutes ago, I sent an email to friends about a situation I've noticed about Google Search. Every morning for years, I've started my computer day by opening Google Search and inputting "Fox News." Actually, for years I've not had to do that. Google was smart enough to remember that request day-after-day and present it to me as a suggestion each morning.
Recently, Fox News didn't come up a few times at all, and I had to log it in. No problem. But what has happened is that Google has taken to giving me a list of suggestions, today about eight of which I NEVER display any interest about on the computer or elsewhere in my world. As a rule these, days, Fox News may not even been on the suggested listing.

Frankly, I don't see any escape from the clutches of AI as it does its business on us. Remember Big Brother discussions? Now it is Big Computer talk, but I'm inclined to call it Masterly Computering. Damn! The three-fingered fingerprints of those conniving aliens are everywhere!

edit on 9-9-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I don't do facebook.

I have a facebook page, but only get on like twice a year.

Wanna' see censorship? Try leaving comments on YAHOO.

Far left and worst censoring I have ever seen anywhere on message boards.

You know what’s crazy is FOX comments, they’re the most censored comment section I’ve ever been on in my life. I wonder if it could just be that I got put on some list because I still see way worse post than I’ve ever made, up on there, weird. They’ll censor my post for saying something like the word “stupid”, now it won’t even allow me to post, doesn’t make sense. You’d think all the preaching they do about free speech and such that it wouldn’t be like that but they are the absolute worst at censoring speech.

As far as Facebook I haven’t noticed anything abnormal but I don’t seak out political stuff on there.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

I was on FOX this morning and noticed that the comments were turned off for the two news stories that I was looking at. I was thinking that they've stopped taking comments. (I've never commented there). I'll have to take another look.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I am perpetually banned on Facebook. At this point it is comical for what I get banned for.

My most current ban was because I commented about the shared bathrooms at the DNC. I said I didn't want men in my bathroom (Im a real woman) and that I thought it was nuts people had no issue with this. Apparently you can't disagree with this or you are committing hate speech. Yea sure ok....

I find Facebook comical to be quite honest. Everyone and their 'fake' lives. I see it with people I know ffs. Show one thing on social media yet in real life it's the opposite. Who are these people trying to fool?

I despise politics. Both sides imo are the same. They all promise things they can't deliver and we eat it up.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: KrustyKrab

I was on FOX this morning and noticed that the comments were turned off for the two news stories that I was looking at. I was thinking that they've stopped taking comments. (I've never commented there). I'll have to take another look.
They don’t always run comments for every story. IDK why.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
We should take an ATS vote on what places on the internet have the worst censorship.

Facebook. FOX News. YAHOO. listed so far.

It would be interesting to see peoples experiences and where the bad places are.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Ol Zucker and my government are at war so I don't even get news at all on Facebook.

(post by Roma1927 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Zuck was in front of Congress again recently admitting to the pressured censoring. So it stands to reason they are still censoring, just using better techniques. 🤣 Laws get broken at the pleasure of the controllers. Wake up Peasants!!

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ATS would be up there. Ive had several threads deleted that are on subjects the main stream news covers.

Of course there is no reason given or any notice. Threads just get deleted.

A conspiracy site where you can't talk about main stream news and current political campaigns ? Who would have thought ?

🦕

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If you aren't a musker on X, don't complain...

According to Elon, X is the future of social media married to news and information. Essentially the Sams Club of media.

www.theverge.com...
edit on 9-9-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Roma1927

Then again that might land me on a terror list somewhere.

Such sweet irony

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

ATS would be up there. Ive had several threads deleted that are on subjects the main stream news covers.

Of course there is no reason given or any notice. Threads just get deleted.

A conspiracy site where you can't talk about main stream news and current political campaigns ? Who would have thought ?

🦕

There's always a reason and it usually boils down to T & C rules. That's why you always are given the iption to message the sanctioning mod and ask why.

I think the first fortyeleven threads I tried to create were deleted, and it was due to my not following the guidelines every time.

It only took me 20+ years to figure it out, but I can make a thread now!

If anybody wants a site without moderation, join MEWE. It's disgusting what you'll see there....

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I don’t post, I have some car club forums j am into

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Facebook is too childish to handle any real politics. Its just for sh**s and giggles.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Numbers are infinite...human lives are short.

Facebook is unusual, I mainly have to to connect with Friends and Family, I'm glad the number of political posts have ceased.

I won't get into it any further.

I have food, shelter and a reason to live....I only wish I had FREEDOM and wasn't a DEBT SLAVE.

I'm pushing 50 and not as strong as I was when I lived in town, they sold our low income all bill paid apartment out for the tourist dollar.

Long story...I'll shut up now.

edit on 9/11/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join