It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida makes it illegal to pick saw palmetto berries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Apparently the law is poorly worded, but enforcement is arresting for picking on your own land unless you have permit.

It does seem to need some clarification. I read it as if I'm not selling them I can harvest them on my own property. IF I don't inted to sell them for commercial purposes or use off of my own property I don't need a permit?

9. Do I have to fill out a Permission Letter for Harvesting if I am harvesting from my own
property?
Yes,if you intend to harvest berries for commercial sale or use outside of your own property, a
permit and written permission is required.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Florida makes it illegal to pick saw palmetto berries

It's just a matter of time till they outlaw backyard gardens. Expect total corporate control of food distribution, Energy, Medicine, everything.

Much worse than it is now....

And if you complain....off you go to a corporate prison.

psmag.com...

btw....the handwriting on the wall isn't in English.
edit on 9-9-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me the difference between 'Saw Palmetto berries' and Palm Oil berries?

Sounds like they're the same thing. I'm very familiar with Palm Oil production; it's all over in SE Asia. These look like just smaller palm oil trees.

When I was a kid and we'd go down to Florida, we'd see these plants and just walk by them. Why is it so popular all of a sudden? (This is the 2nd news story I've seen about Saw Palmetto berries, and if I'm not mistaken the last one was about a murder over the stuff) What gives?

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
New Law,
You must plant palmetto berries in your garden.

Do any of Them do ANY! think to stop them being Endangered?

NO! Never will.

edit on 9-9-2024 by Scratchpost because: dig

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

Huh???

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

Fun fact

There was a time when the marine was using hemp in heaps, citizens with farmable land had to plant a certain amount of hemp...

www.farmcollector.com...
edit on 9-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Saw Palmetto have benefits, in men but more so in women, but no for people that have cancer, one of the things I was told to stay away from after I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year was saw palmetto, I was taking the supplements for over a year because it helps with hormones and keep the skin youthful.

Oncologist doctor told me that it will affect my estrogen levels and that is not good for cancer that is fueled by estrogen.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The only folks looking to arrest anyone for this would be FWC and they are mostly patrolling parks. There are no helicopter or drones monitoring all backyards checking on some massive non-existent catalogue list of all locations of saw palmetto. This stuff is not even that endangered. My oldest kid used to eat it straight from the plant by his bus stop in elementary school. Lots of kids did, oddly enough. Not often a small group of urban kids just eat wild fruit from a tree that they never see in a grocery store.

This is one of those things that is a virtual non-issue to 99% of people, but someone suddenly orders attention being put on it probably after some out of state asshat made a big stink and now they just want to try and falsely claim this place is some draconian anti-freedom state. I promise you this is where the mindset that is pushing this in media came from.

Do anyone want to eat the berries of saw palmetto on their property? Go eat them then! I doubt anyone's neighbors even know wtf it is, has ever noticed it, and certainly would not care about its protection status or know anything about this 6 year old policy change placed by an agricultural agency in 2018 before much of the current congress of Florida or its governor were elected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join