It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Calls for an Islamic Alliance to Counter Israeli Expansionist Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well Mr. Erdogan was in some schools conference on Saturday when he made a call for an Islamic alliance to counter the growing threat of Israeli expansionism. Now lets see exactly what he said.

Kelo
ISTANBUL (Reuters) – Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday Islamic countries should form an alliance against what he called “the growing threat of expansionism” from Israel.

He made the comment after describing what Palestinian and Turkish officials said was the killing by Israeli troops of a Turkish-American woman taking part in a protest on Friday against settlement expansion in the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

“The only step that will stop Israeli arrogance, Israeli banditry, and Israeli state terrorism is the alliance of Islamic countries,” Erdogan said at an Islamic schools’ association event near Istanbul.

and the raw

A couple of things to keep an eye out for is whether this means incorporating the existing Iran-centered Axis of Resistance , partnering with it, or creating a completely separate and unaffiliated organization with more Gulf States cooperation and the direct border states of Israel. Also to note; I was ridiculed years ago for warning about Erdogan's own expansionist plans, and this kind of fits the bill. My position in that thread was a bit more alarmist and has evolved somewhat over the last six years, although I am still concerned he may be behind instability in Europe regarding migrant influxes and back channel political arm twisting over the years.

Let us not forget Turkey and Iran are the proven regional military powers , not Saudi Arabia. Both Turkey and Iran can project their influence successfully into both Africa and other parts of Asia, KSA failed to pacify mountain dwelling desert fighters who frequently snuck up on them across their own border and regularly eliminated forward operating bases while Saudis had technological superiority and control of skies. That was the Iranian backing proving more successful. Turkey maintains several key points in Africa, including a naval port in Sudan, a training facility in Mogadishu, Somalia that has produced thousands of streamlined, disciplined law enforcement (or maybe militant) officers, and has partially subsidized the Libyan civil war and directly participated in logistics and direct action against the Eastern forces led by members of former government and military and a loose alliance of clans and tribes. They also were instrumental with the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict.

Well I don't know what his plans are, but Israel has reminded him he could end up like former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

So what does the community make of Erdogan's calls for an Islamic alliance to counter alleged Israeli expansionist policies in the border regions?

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Nutbag Erdogan has been itching to be the head of an Islamic caliphate.
The only 'expansionist threat' in that part of the world is coming from Islam.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Where exactly is Israel expanding to? ❓

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

According to his statements, Lebanon, Syria, and the West Bank. Of course, I think he forgot that he already occupies a nice chunk of North Syria and Iraq, so this is clearly a case of pot meet kettle.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Obviously under Erdogan's leadership.....effectively a Turkish controlled Islamic Caliphate.

Erdogan has long held dreams of recapturing some of Turkey's alleged former glory.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Well I suspect he also has a role to play with filling Europe up with African and Middle Eastern Muslim migrants that has seemed to become an issue over the years. He has been militarizing thousands of Somalis for more than five years now with rigid discipline. Between Sudan, Somalia, and Libya who knows what kind of assets he has sent into European capitols and industry.

And for the record, I have been pretty consistent with somehow having Turkey removed from NATO, but I am not a big fan of NATO in general so my view is a bit biased.
edit on 9-8-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Turkey is definitely very keen and willing in helping illegal immigrants pass through the country unhindered on their way to Central and Western Europe.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Turkey has formerly applied to join BRICS, expaning the threat. Looks like it's going to one day boil down to NATO against BRICS nations.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Israel is 0.0139% of the world’s land mass. If Israel is expanding, they’re doing pretty poorly at that.

Funny how the countries hawkish towards Israel will always humor war before taking the Palestinians themselves. That to me is pretty telling.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Hey listen, I warned folks about this guy years ago and was met with mocking ridicule and derision. I hope everyone can see it now. This fellow is making Turkey as dangerous as Iran and already has a steady stream of assets to pull from in Africa with many bases including a Naval port.

I am telling yall, there is going to be some kind of reconciliation between tribes/sects whatever you call those divisions in Islam and Turkey and Iran will become some kind of global Islamic power alliance rivaling that could put them on parity with the USA, Russia, China, India and NATO . Unfortunately Europe is collapsing socially and its projection power has been severely hampered by its failed gambit in Ukraine. Whatever power it has is strictly through the NATO alliance in regards to force projection in the 2020's .

There is still time to figure out how to remove Turkey from NATO, or just rebuild it from scratch if you ask me. My prediction is the NATO alliance will be shuffled and reformed with a new name by the 2030's with a different set of members, and likely much smaller. Baltic states will stay on because they are just puppets anyways. i think without economic and political blackmail though or outright threats of force there will be more than a good handful refusing to come back to the table.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The words of a true dictators and globalist, control of certain portions of the global population.

I guess Erdogan wants to be in power for ever and ever and ever.

I can see our major colleges in the US that receive money from islamic countries with terrorist ties to hamas, giving Islamic alliance studies.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

To be fair, throwing rocks at a soldier because you're apparently a protected citizen who can just randomly (without explicit provocation demanding the need to defend yourself) assault military personnel with impunity, feels pretty arrogant.

But who am I to judge.

edit on 8-9-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Turkey has formerly applied to join BRICS, expaning the threat. Looks like it's going to one day boil down to NATO against BRICS nations.

That's the problem with elitist institutions, the "othering" effect. Also known as, you're either with us or against us.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yea, Turkey has been going down this path for a while. Which is a shame, they could be an economic power, and serve their people who have wanted a secular government.

Sadly, since their government and Erdogan have these unpopular priorities, their economy and inflation have been snowballing.

My guess is this rhetoric is a last ditch effort to distract his people from the real problem, him.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He needs to sort his own country out before worrying about others. Inflation is currently around 60% and everyday Turks are struggling.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Did he suggest how Shiite and Sunni are to get over their respective disdain?

I mean, seems kinda important to his plan.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If Erdogan pulls out of NATO then we will know he is serious about what his mouth is putting out.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I am telling yall, there is going to be some kind of reconciliation between tribes/sects whatever you call those divisions in Islam......

I can't see that happening any time soon.
Conservative Shia are still very much in control in Iran.
Turkey is relatively quite liberal Sunni.

They despise each other.
And that dislike goes back even further than Islam.
The respective denominations and people have been at odds with each other for over a thousand years.

Unfortunately Europe is collapsing socially and its projection power has been severely hampered by its failed gambit in Ukraine.

Yes Europe has its problems - pretty much the same as everywhere has - but its hardly 'collapsing socially'.

What has failed in Ukraine?
Has Putin's invasion been successful, does Russia control the whole of Ukraine?
Has Russia pushed NATO back and proven that as a military force they could challenge NATO?
Has Europe even engaged in any significant way in Ukraine other than providing arms and aid?
How has providing arms and aid 'hampered' Europe?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 12:47 AM
link   

At least someone is denouncing the murder of American civilians.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 12:52 AM
link   
By the current self destruction of the failing western system, thanks to brics
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join