It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Mushrooms May Have Contributed To Early Development Of Human Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 11-9-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2
a reply to: cooperton

Just wondering how we would notice " this drastic enhancement of neuronal mass."

If eating mushrooms did allow chimp-like creatures to become humans, it would mean there's a noticeable effect where brain-to-body ratio increases. This hasn't been studied, and it would make a good one, but I don't think it's the case... Mainly to the problem of children inheriting any sort of enhancement that was gained from psilocybin use by the parent, it's not like It alters the hardwiring of the genome and therefor doesn't fall into the framework of evolution. But epigenetic inheritance could play a role of inheriting these sorts of changes acquired during the parent's lifetime.

This is why I think it would be more specific to call it a remembrance, a homecoming, a birthright, or a return to archetype, because if the mechanism is epigenetic then it means that the potential for this state of mind always existed within our epigenome. This is what Moses referred to as the Promised Land, the archetypal mindset where you start to transcend into the supernatural dimensions. Check out the theoretical physics of the Tachyon Realm, I compiled the main points in this post.
edit on 12-9-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

From the link, maybe you might enjoy the short read.

The literature review, which the authors said is based on “a multidisciplinary approaching biology, ethnobotany and neuroscience,” examined studies involving psilocybin and human consciousness published several journals in different fields. The 12-page report highlights that mushrooms played a crucial role in getting humans where we are today.

If we've been ingesting them for millions of years, that would develop consciousness. Over that amount of time?
I think so.

Changes like these, combined with psilocybin's effects on human consciousness and brain function, function, have expanded the human mind, "allowing us to transcend our basic perception and embrace creativity, introspection and abstract thought" and potentially influencing the development of language

edit on 13 9 2024 by SecretKnowledge2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join