It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Burns up over Earth in Amazing Footage from Space Station

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's not to often you're in the right place at the right time but for NASA astronaut Matthew Dominick the time was 2nd September and the place floating in his tin can far above the Earth.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Cool find, thanks for sharing man

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Darn thing sure don’t look flat to me…😂

Great video👍

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Great video mate thanks for posting

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

CGI, fake, fish eye lens....err......etc.

Great find OP.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Thank-you! I'd be scared 24/7 on the International Space Station.

No protection from meteors like we have on the Earth's surface.

There are THOUSANDS of them around and passing by Earth all the time.
🥵

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

And all that space debris, too. Yikes!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

And all that space debris, too. Yikes!

From what I understand, something as small as a pebble would create two holes for air to escape (1 entry / 1 exit hole). But at least it wouldn't implode on itself, like that undersea vehicle did 2 years ago. The holes could be plugged up with spray foam sealant. (maybe)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The ISS is travelling very fast and so is some of the debris so any kinetic impact would be very energetic. But I'm no expert.

Here some scary info about the debris:

stuffin.space...

Scroll up down or across for the detail.
edit on 7-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Your awesome man I love that you keep presenting us with celestial awe. I wish you well and keep on it. My kids love when I show them this stuff too, so its reaching the youth!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"The holes could be plugged up with spray foam sealant. (maybe)"

Not if the holes are in an astronaut!

I tried to find the micro meteorite scene from Mission to Mars, but couldn't.
edit on 7-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

THAT is a very cool link!!

Very informative.

thx!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You're 🤗 welcome.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Odd that you say that from a few second clip. Anyone have a clip of the full rotation without it clipping to another video? I was watching a supposed 24 hour HD video the other day and it repeatedly cut to multiple videos after a minute or so. It would never show a complete rotation. This led me to look for others and they did the same thing.

Just weird it was saying 24 hour, making the viewer assume it would show a complete day, but it was multiple clips, many the same length, but no time was it showing the full rotation, and even if they did you can circle the top half of a dome.

I never got the flat earth argument when it’s said to be a dome, so of course there would still be a curvature.

This reminds me of the Joe Rogan/Elon clip where they show the Tesla in orbit and Elon says “It looks fake, that’s how you know it’s real.” What an odd thing to say.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don’t know a foam sealant that keeps out water, let alone air. Do they have a foam that can immediately set up in those conditions?

I’m with you, there is no way I would be in a tube floating around in upper orbit. Especially when something like a Tesla could come along and take you out.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

TextAnyone have a clip of the full rotation without it clipping to another video?

Here's one sped up.

And uncut realtime.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It’s what I asked for, but do they have one that shows the entire Earth rotating non stop? I assume it wouldn’t be from the ISS because of its proximity to Earth.
These videos could still represent a dome because we see only see a half or a third of the Earth in these images.

I’m not trying to be difficult, I just can never find a full photo of Earth that doesn’t look computer animated. When I go to Google and type Earth and then image they mostly look fake, many of them don’t even resemble one another, unless it’s a closeup of Earth, usually from the ISS.
edit on 7-9-2024 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Great vid ! Thanks !

Wonder how they get it to look roundish like that ?

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I don’t know a foam sealant that keeps out water, let alone air. Do they have a foam that can immediately set up in those conditions?

I have a spray sealant to be used under water for fixing pond liner leaks but it isn't a foam. It works great,too!

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:43 AM
link   
To know those things earned a fortune finding one , if only i could recognize them between all those cheap rocks ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join