It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris economic plans all seem to involve giving money away

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: network dude

It is mass bribery. 'Vote for us and we will give you stuff.'

Neither side of the bribery really thinks of the true costs of it. Only those outside this deal see that part.

I think this quote is frighteningly close to our current reality:

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.

― Alexander Fraser Tytler

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And, GETTING big billions . . .🤣🤣

X zourzez

BREAKING: The Following 88 Business leaders just endorsed Kamala Harris for President with the following letter.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Republicans give money away to the rich.

Democrats give money away to the poor.

I'd prefer that money going to the poor.

Republicans allow business owners and the middle class to keep more of the money they have earned.

Democrats want to tax both until we are all equally poor.

I'd prefer the money stays with those citizens that are actually working for it.

Otherwise, you will run out of money to give to the poor.

Because obviously, the money given to the poor isn't coming from the poor...

Think harder.

edit on 100000009America/Chicago9pmFri, 06 Sep 2024 20:54:30 -050054 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
It reads as a laundry list of puppet masters and elite sponsors. Should make a good list to begin investigations with, assuming many of them remain stateside after the election. In fact, I would keep an eye on that list of names, many of them may actually flee the CONUS after Trump's election.

I love how the biggest corps mentioned are the powerhouses of global American brands. The kind of companies that intelligence agencies fund NGO's to overthrow unfriendly governments and to open up markets and allow all those brands in. Well getting the brands in is actually the bonus, ownership of national resources and industrial production are the real targets with such endeavors.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:28 PM
link   

DNC plan:
Part one: tax working people and businesses as much as possible.
Part two: collect that money and then give it to people who do not deserve it for political power.
Part three: rinse and repeat.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Would giving more money away and taking that money from the federal government help or hurt our current inflation situation?

Federal government is raised through taxes. The Harris Administration will raise the money it needs for these programmes through taxes. Those taxes will fall disproportionately, we hope, on the rich.

Pretty easy to understand, I'd have thought. Surprising you need to have it explained to you.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
It is mass bribery. 'Vote for us and we will give you stuff.'

^^ That.

The fact is that she can't deliver on the 'free stuff'. And nothing is 'free'. The American taxpayer will have to pay for it. And corporations will be raising rates because of her strangulation of them. If Harris is elected, the battlecry across the country will be ... WHO IS JOHN GALT?

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Republicans allow business owners and the middle class to keep more of the money they have earned.
Democrats want to tax both until we are all equally poor.

^^ That.

Democrats punish the productive while rewarding the looters.

Right out of Atlas Shrugged.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy

Would giving more money away and taking that money from the federal government help or hurt our current inflation situation?

Federal government is raised through taxes. The Harris Administration will raise the money it needs for these programmes through taxes. Those taxes will fall disproportionately, we hope, on the rich.

Pretty easy to understand, I'd have thought. Surprising you need to have it explained to you.

so "the government" printing money and giving handouts will:

A. Help the economy and bring down inflation

or

B. Destroy the economy, cause a massive recession, and make inflation skyrocket

Just want to be sure I understand how things work. Keeping in mind, this is what we have been going with since Biden/Harris came in office. So you can point to the stats to show how well it worked and that choice A was the correct answer.
edit on 7-9-2024 by network dude because: idiocy should never be celebrated.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

"The Rich" don't have enough taxable assets to pay for the wild ass schemes 🤣 There lies the joke of The Century.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Oh look, another foreigner telling us how our government works.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

it's amazing the really ignorant one's are from "over there". Must be something in the water.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

To be fair, I'm sure I would look like an ass if I was lecturing about UK government process.
Luckily my common sense filters prevent me from trying.

It's amazing how TDS became a global pandemic.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

can you point out a single instance where the people who have a room full of lawyers and accountants to avoid paying taxes, actually paid the taxes the left claims will only hit the rich?

Ill give you a hint, the first year it brings in next to nothing in increased revenue then they slip an adjustment into a CR and now whats left of the middle class gets another brick dropped on their head.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sure they do. You keep believing that.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   

While not exactly giving money to the rich. They do want to extend tax cuts for the rich.

But when it comes to actually giving out money oil subsidies come to mind.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

While not exactly giving money to the rich. They do want to extend tax cuts for the rich.

But when it comes to actually giving out money oil subsidies come to mind.

Ah, so not at all what you suggested. Thanks, you made me break out my shocked face.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So subsidies aren't corporate welfare?

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Your claim was republicans give money away to the rich, like democrats give money to the poor. Please only move the goal posts in an emergency.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Do they really care about the taxes at this point. Republicans or democrats? The USA is 35 trillion in debt.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that interest payments will total $892 billion in fiscal year 2024 and rise rapidly throughout the next decade — climbing from $1 trillion in 2025 to $1.7 trillion in 2034. In total, net interest payments will total $12.9 trillion over the next decade. Relative to the size of the economy, interest will rise from 3.4 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in fiscal year 2025 to 4.1 percent in 2034. The previous high for interest relative to GDP in the post-World War II era was 3.2 percent in 1991 — that ratio would now be exceeded in 2025.

www.pgpf.org...#:~:text=The%20Congressional%20Budget%20Office%20(CBO,trillion%20over%20the%20ne xt%20decade.

Taxes are meaningless at this point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join