It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Name of God & His Epithets (Titles) in the Holy Bible. Life Changing Stuff...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the thread folks!

This is my first thread in a while, and it’s deeply heartfelt & meaningful to myself, hopefully it will prove to be the same for you. I won’t overcomplicate things, it’s not going to be incredibly deep theological musings of my own devising; just a sharing of some of the secrets of the Name of God as I have come to understand them, and those of His many epithets or titles (which hold incredible power when properly understood & rightly used within Christian faith & practice).

The ‘Name of God’ which I refer to in a general sense above is what the Jewish people refer to as the ‘Most Holy Name’, the so-called ‘Covenant Name’, expressed in English as ‘Yahweh’ & further translated to ‘Jehovah’ in old translations of the Bible; transliterated straight from the Hebrew as the ‘Tetragrammaton’, or the four letter name, YHWH, without vowels in the original Hebrew*. There are other proper names which God is known by in the Old Testament, such as ‘El Shaddai’ (‘God of the Mountains’, or simply ‘God Almighty’), and I will deal with each of them in turn, with scriptural references & comments as appropriate.

*In actual fact the Jews treat God’s Covenant Name as so incredibly holy that it should not be expressed in speech or writing on the off-chance that in so doing you might accidentally blaspheme His holiness & divinity; they simply speak (or write) ‘Ha Shem’ (‘the Name’). Christians do not believe the strictures of Old Testament law apply in the same way in the modern age, and so are free to benefit from the mysteries of the Name of God in a deeper way (in my opinion & that of most Christians).

From my primary source document:

NAMES OF GOD

The name of God holds an important key to understanding the doctrine of God and the doctrine
of revelation. The name of God is a personal disclosure and reveals His relationship with His
people. His name is known only because He chooses to make it known. To the Hebrew mind,
God was both hidden and revealed, transcendent and immanent. Even though He was
mysterious, lofty, and unapproachable, He bridged the gap with mankind by revealing His name.

The truth of God’s character is focused in His name. The divine name reveals God’s power,
authority, and holiness. This accounts for Israel’s great reverence for God’s name. The Ten Commandments prohibited the violation of God’s name (Exod. 20:7; Deut. 5:11). Prophets spoke with authority when they uttered God’s name. Oaths taken in God’s name were considered
binding, and battles fought in the name of God were victorious. Other nations would fear Israel not because it was a mighty nation but because it rallied under the Lord’s name. In the New Testament, God’s name is manifested most clearly in Jesus Christ**. He is called “the Word” (John
1:1), and Jesus Himself makes the claim that He has revealed the name of God (John 17:6). God’s name is His promise to dwell with His people.

Source at footer of thread...

** FlyInTheOintment’s note: The Book of the Revelation of St John, also in the New Testament, causes us to reflect deeply on God’s ‘Covenant Name’ by referring to the Holy Spirit of Christian theology as “the sevenfold Spirit of God”, which will make more sense when we get to the section detailing the epithets of the Covenant Name.

The Proper Names of God in the Old Testament:

This section comes first, as in the most ancient times, God had not yet revealed His Covenant Name (or any name) to the Patriarchs of the Hebrew peoples. Several tribal groups within the Ancient Near-East worshipped the ‘God of the Fathers’, which was the earliest title for the God who would later become intimately known to the nation of Israel, and then the Christian peoples.

God of the Fathers
Before Moses’ encounter with God in the Midianite desert, God was known generally as the God of the Fathers. Various names were used for God under this conception, most of which were associated with the primitive Semitic word El.

El-Shaddai “God of the Mountains” or “The Almighty God.”
This term is more closely associated with the patriarchal period and can be found most frequently in the books of Genesis and Job. Exodus 6:3 underlines El-Shaddai as the name revealed to the patriarchs. God used it to make His covenant with Abraham (Gen. 17:1-2).

El-Elyon “The Most High God” or “The Exalted One”
(Num. 24:16; 2 Sam. 22:14; Ps. 18:13). Melchizedek was a priest of El-Elyon and blessed Abraham in this name (Gen. 14:19-20), referring to El-Elyon as “Maker of Heaven and Earth.” Canaanites at Ugarit also worshiped god as El-Elyon. El-Elyon seems to have had close ties to Jerusalem.

El-Olam “God of Eternity” or “God the Everlasting One”
(Gen. 21:33; Isa. 26:4; Ps. 90:2).
God’s sovereignty extends through the passing of time and beyond our ability to see or understand..

El-Berith “God of the Covenant”
(Judg. 9:46) In taking this name, He assumes & catalyses the name of the Canaanite deity ‘Baal Berith’ (8:33) to show that the Almighty God alone makes and keeps covenant with representatives of Mankind.

El-Roi “God who sees me” or “God of vision”
(Gen. 16:13). Essentially, God sees the needs of His people and responds.

Elohim (Plural form for deity). It is a frequently used term and the most comprehensive of the “El” combinations. The plurality of this word is not a hint of polytheism. It is a plural of majesty. It is a revelation of the infinite nature of God. In the creation narrative we read: “Then Elohim
said, “Let us make man in our image” (Gen. 1:26). This name suggests that there is a mystery to the Creator God which mankind cannot fully fathom. God is absolute, infinite Lord over creation and history. The Christian sees in this term a pointer to the Trinitarian reality of creation.

FlyInTheOintment’s note: Recall that the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, is SEVENFOLD, as per previous note. This truth has been more or less lost to Christendom, and is the reason Christians have such a hard time explaining the Trinity to non-Christians (because we haven’t understood it ourselves, generally!) This is one of the foundational truths of this message concerning the secrets of the Name of God & His titles/epithets which could be so incredibly powerful to unlock a new wave of Christian restoration in the world today, in my humble opinion. More on that ‘sevenfold nature’ below, as well as notes on Christian disciplines which could help you to achieve total breakthrough against strongholds which are established in your life due to past events, including trauma of all sorts.

Continued below...

edit on SeptemberFriday2419CDT07America/Chicago-050009 by FlyInTheOintment because: formatting

link   
The Covenant Name, YHWH, and the epithets (titles) which denote each aspect of the sevenfold Spirit of God:

The most fundamental, most Holy Name of God, is the Tetragrammaton, the four consonant word which God revealed as His own Covenant Name to the Israelites. This Name holds immense power for the believer, and there are a couple of matters which should be addressed straight away, as they are so potent & indeed, awe-inspiring.

YHWH is the transliteration from Hebrew, and famously its true pronunciation had been alleged to have been lost centuries ago. This was not in fact the case, rather there was NEVER any vocal pronunciation of the Name. Instead, the Name, when utilised in prayer & meditation, was first a gentle inhalation through the mouth, silently intoning the ‘YH’ on the in-breath, before silently breathing out & intoning the ‘WH’. The reason for this remarkable fact is that God chose to Name Himself after the Breath of Life which all Mankind must manifest when they first enter the world as an infant, with it also being the last act we each perform before leaving this plane of existence at the point of death.

This is fact number one regarding the Covenant Name of God, YHWH.

YHWH is translated in English as the word ‘Jehovah’. There are unfortunate connotations in the hearing of this pronunciation, in the sense that the Jehovah’s Witnesses constantly badger & irritate people around the world, with their heretical theology & rather ridiculous attitude to certain aspects of the true faith. I believe we need to reclaim a sense of the Holiness of God through the power of His Name & epithets, and I believe that I’m beginning to uncover truths that are vital for the praying Christian to understand. If we are to be “a City on a Hill, whose light cannot be hidden”, then we must know how to sanctify ourselves before God, and then how to approach His throne for the answers & manifestations of power that we are seeking. This circumstance could be considered fact number two regarding the Covenant Name of God, YHWH.

Covenant Name Epithets:

The covenant name for God is “Yahweh.” Israel’s faith was a new response to God based on His
disclosure. This name was so unique and powerful that God formed a covenant with His people
based upon His self-revelation.

1. Yahweh-Jireh

“The LORD will provide” (Gen. 22:14).

This was the name given at the location where God provided a ram for Abraham to sacrifice in the place of Isaac. This name is a testimony to God’s deliverance.

2. Yahweh-Nissi

“The LORD is my banner” (Exod. 17:15).

Moses ascribed this name to God aftera victory over the Amalekites. The name of God was considered a banner under which Israel could rally for victory. The Lord’s name was the battle cry.

3. Yahweh-Mekaddesh

“The LORD sanctifies” (Exod. 31:13).

Holiness is the central revelation of God’s character. God calls for a people who are set apart.

4. Yahweh-Shalom

“The LORD is peace” (Judg. 6:24).

This was the name given at the altar that Gideon built at Ophrah, signifying that God brings well-being, not death, to His people.

5. Yahweh-Rohi

“The LORD is my shepherd” (Ps. 23:1).

God is the One who provides loving care for His people & leads them into the future well-being that He desires for them.

6. Yahweh-Tsidkenu

“The LORD is our righteousness” (Jer. 23:5-6; 33:16).

This was the name Jeremiah gave to God, the Righteous King, who would rule over Israel after the return from captivity. He would establish a new kingdom of justice.

7. Yahweh-Shammah

“The LORD is there” (Ezek. 48:35).

This is the name of God associated with the restoration of Jerusalem, God’s dwelling place.

Another of the epithets found in the Old Testament, the final covenant Name, is not included in the list above (all of which titles refer to the manifestations of the sevenfold Spirit of God). Instead, it is seen to represent God’s lordship over the entire universe, the Earth & the Heavens, over all life of any sort in any region of the universe:

Yahweh-Sabaoth

“The LORD of hosts” (1 Sam. 1:3; Jer. 11:20; cp. 1 Sam. 17:45).

This can also be rendered “the LORD Almighty.” It represents God’s power over the nations and was closely tied to Shiloh, to the ark of the covenant, and to prophecy. The title designates God as King and Ruler of Israel, its armies, its temple, and of the entire universe.

Proposed solution to the needs we bring before God, regarding a new method of effective prayer based on meditations concerning the epithets which were detailed above:

It is my sure & solemn belief, based on both the study of the epithets & names, and personal revelation & discernment,, that these ‘names’ are to be used in a certain type of prayer, a format which I am personally developing & experimenting with; I hope that I will achieve success in breaking down the strongholds in my own heart & soul by utilising the methodology & the understanding that I have developed in researching this topic. What follows is my first draft appraisal of the way to utilise the special ‘gateways’ of the Covenant Name epithets in order to secure answered prayer, consistently, repeatedly over time, as we commit ourselves to the Holiness of the Lord Jesus, loyal to Him in whatever way we can be, so that in time, we can personally manifest our guided destiny before Him.

Jesus said “I and the Father are One” and “whoever has seen me has seen the Father”, and “I only do what I see the Father doing.” There is a fundamental Unity in the trinitarian relationship between members of the Godhead, hence the prayer of the Jews, “Hear O Israel, the LORD is God, the LORD is One”. There is a unity of action in this situation, in which the Spirit is consulted along a specific pathway towards obtaining whatever we need We meditate upon the correct epithet in order to receive the promised healing, deliverance, restoration, guidance, peace, righteousness & access to the Divine presence.

However, we can’t expect any formula for prayer of such magnitude to function properly, unless we are properly positioned in our stance before God. I recommend a certain discipline that anyone can utilise to draw near to God.. When we try to draw near to God, He will draw near to us – it’s a Scriptural promise which millions around the world have found to be proven true over the course of many centuries.

Continued below...

link   
If you find that you are not living in true Christian freedom; if the blessings of Deuteronomy are not manifest in your life, if there are problems that seem to repeat over & over, issues that are never fully cleared up, this means that you are suffering the effect of a stronghold extant in your life; your heart is not fully free before God, and you have some work to do in order to be freed from its continuous influence. Are you perpetually angry? Do you feel constant shame? Are you bound up in depression & suicidal ideation? These are terrible strongholds which are influencing your life & preventing you from living in true freedom. In order to be liberated, we must approach God in the way that we have been directed to do so. When we consider the nature of the Spirit of God, whom Jesus called ‘the Helper’, we realise that He is sevenfold, that there are seven promises held within His nature, seven particular ways that we can approach Him & request liberation. In order to understand precisely how to access this road to freedom, you must understand the special epithets (titles) which God has given to Himself as the sevenfold Spirit.

YHWH Jireh - ‘God is my provider’. If you find that you are in constant need, if things never quite add up to prosperity, if there are barriers to success & you can never seem to break through to the sort of life you dream of, a life of freedom, of financial security, then you are facing a stronghold in this area.

The first thing you must do is run to the shelter of the LORD, for He is our fortress, an ‘ever present help in times of trouble’. If you then ‘abide in the shadow of the Almighty’, then you are in absolute humility before Him, you are presenting yourself as a living sacrifice, you are begging, imploring, appealing for His sanctification, for holiness, which prepares you to be restored, fully healed & delivered, breaking the barriers, tearing down the stronghold. This attitude of humility is essential, you must present yourself before God naked in soul, acknowledging sin, acknowledging failure, acknowledging weakness. If you present yourself to God in this way & inquire about healing & deliverance, He will set you on a journey to freedom, GUARANTEED. The process is like this:

• Identify the strongholds. Acknowledge the sin which binds you & prevents you from progressing.

• Take disciplined spiritual action to avoid entirely the sin which has held you bound. Each & every day repeat your commitment to be holy, to be free of what had held you in such bondage.

• Meditate upon the epithet, the title of God the Holy Spirit, the sevenfold Spirit, whom you desire to see take action in your life to break that stronghold. Pray consistently, at the same times each day, three times a day (noon, 3pm & 9pm). Concentrate on the power of God to release you from that stricture which prevents your breakthrough. Implore God to speak to you, ask Him to assure you of a progression to freedom.

• If you are able, pray in tongues, enter into direct meditation with the Spirit of God, communicate clearly with Him in the prayer language you have been given. If you do not yet pray in tongues, ask a friend or church member who has this ability to pray for you, laying hands on your shoulder, imploring God on your behalf for a word of knowledge to show you the way forward. God is faithful, and will almost always reveal something special which identifies a path ahead, or communicates a need which must be met before you can attain the freedom you desire. He wants you to have that freedom, He is not unduly withholding it from you. Jesus said: “The thief comes to kill, steal & destroy. I have come so that you may have life, and life to the full.” This is the heart of God towards you, and you must believe it. Rebuke the devil’s lies, if he tells you that you aren’t good enough to receive the blessings of God. The truth is “none of us are good, not even one, we have all sinned & fallen short of the glory of God.” Rest in God’s merciful presence, receive His word for you, apply His instruction in your life. With patience & time come deliverance, healing & restoration.

• Soften your stance, listen carefully in your spirit, in the depths of your heart. Is God speaking to you? He says: “Be still, and know that I am God”. Listen. Rest. Await His instruction – because it will come.

Continued below...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
• Ask permission & forgiveness to imperfectly breathe the Covenant Name YHWH, the sacred breath, unpronounceable, the Alpha & Omega of all Life, Beginning & End. Jewish people will not do this, as they believe it is unforgiveable to imperfectly intone the covenant Name of God. Christians are free to attempt this practice, because Jesus purchased a new type of freedom when He died on the cross. The veil in the temple was torn in two during an earthquake as He died, and this allowed us to approach the throne of the Father directly, without fear, to request deliverance, healing & restoration. So do this in accompaniment to sacred music, anointed worship music. The way this is done is as follows: Breathe in slowly a full breath through your mouth, intoning silently ‘YH’, and pause for a moment. Then, breathe out silently, intoning ‘WH’ as you do so. Be restful, silent, still, listening, ready to hear from Him. Concentrate on the mystery of this Name of God. The actual Hebrew characters are represented as ‘Hand, Behold, Nail, Behold’. This in itself is a prophecy of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. The sacred covenant Name of God, given to the Hebrews hundreds of years before the time of Christ, in actual fact refers to the fixing of nails through the hands of Christ, calling us to behold His suffering, which is for us, for our freedom. This name, which means so many things, also means ‘I AM’, the pronouncement that God IS, that there is no other like Him, no other who can claim to be Master of the Universe, no other who can steal you away from His ownership of your soul, you are perfectly secure in Him.

• Look again at each of the sacred covenant titles which God the sevenfold Spirit possesses, for the sake of your healing, deliverance, restoration & breakthrough. All of them identify particular areas in which you can appeal to God for a specific promise of healing, so take this seriously, and meditate carefully as instructed above, you will find that breakthrough – because God is faithful, and will answer when you call.

• YHWH Nissi - ‘God is my banner’ This is the promise of victory over the Enemy, over circumstances that have held you bound, over the attacks of hostile persons & entities.

• YHWH Mekaddesh - ‘God sanctifies’ This is particularly relevant if you feel shame over activities in the past; God will heal & restore you by making you holy, a living sacrifice before Him, totally healed, delivered & free. Ask other Christians to pray for you in person for deliverance if you feel that the Enemy has some sort of hold over your soul. Jesus came to free the captives, it is written in the Scripture & cannot be revoked. He is sovereign, no other can claim you, only He who formed you in the womb of your mother, in the depths of the Earth.

• YHWH Shalom - ‘God is my peace’ If you are forever struggling in mind, with mental health issues, or with simple anxiety concerning the circumstances of your life, God wants to break that & give you peace. This is a promise you can access in the manner described above.

• YHWH Rohi - ‘God is my shepherd’ If you feel alone, if you are unsure of where your life is taking you, God is your Good Shepherd, ready to guide you & lead you to pleasant pastures, with still waters to refresh your soul & spirit. He will lead you into a beautiful future if you trust in Him.

• YHWH Tsidkenu - ‘God is my righteousness’ If you have ever felt a failure, or that your morality was upside down, if you lived in dark ways & didn’t heed the call to righteousness, God can break the chains of evil, He can deliver you from the darkness which holds you blinded to the truth. Just call on Him as described, meditate on His righteousness, and He will make you righteous also.

• YHWH Shammah - ‘God is present & sees me’ You are never alone. If you are at the end of your tether, if you feel that everything is falling apart, if you feel lost - God is present with you when you call on Him, and He will carry you to a place of restful freedom, a place where you are in relationship with the Creator of All, so you can never be alone again.

I hope that these few secrets of the Name & titles of the sevenfold Spirit of God, and the instructions for prayer to attain freedom will be helpful to you or someone you know. Please feel free to ask any questions – this subject area is opening up before me & I feel confident that God has wanted me to share what I am learning. It is my great joy to consider that someone - even just one person – might find true liberation as the direct result of what I have written here. Please do message me directly if you would like me to pray for you, I will gladly do it. God bless you, may you find true restoration in Him.

FlyInTheOintment, September 2024.

NB - recommended music for worshipful prayer, which utilises some of the Covenant epithets of God's sevenfold Spirit. Dance & be free, my friends.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If I had to put the name of god into one word these days: everything.

I am yet to find any single spirit or entity that can make a universe. Despite all the hardships and challenges we do face, there is something, somewhere that is looking for a better way.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was looking for a paticular vid but couldn't find it, but I found this one an interesting vid.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Didn’t Jesus tell us how to pray? The lords prayer?

a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

For further study

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

There are many ways to pray mate, you just have to dig into the subject & get stuck in, see what happens!

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In honor of S.O.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You have to forgive my ignorance in these maters and I have more questions than answers to the subject you discuss here.

Let me start out by saying, before you even suggested trying it, I did and the in and out breathing of the lords name, Yahweh, flows beautifully.

But there are a few questions I have problems accepting here.

One is the speaking and praying in tongues. Acts records three episodes of tongues-speaking. The first is Acts 2:4, the day of Pentecost, "And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit", (for me, meaning they were baptized in the Holy Spirit at that moment), "and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance". Followed by Acts 2:6-8. "6 And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered,because each one was hearing them speak in his own language. 7 And they were amazed and astonished, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? The Holy Spirit gave them the ability to speak, and understand, the known but unrecognizable languages to them, languages of the people of foreign lands they were commissioned to go and spread the word to.

Now, for me, for those that are not recipients of this commission and, questionably, unable to comprehend what is being uttered by their own mouth, how can these utterances be from the heart and soul of the one uttering it? An example of this is from my sister years ago. She once had the experience of speaking in tongues and afterward had no inclination of what she uttered.

When the Babylonians attempted to build the tower, God saw they were attempting an unholy endeavor and confounding their efforts by confusing their ability to communicate. They were all forced into speaking foreign tongues others could not comprehend, therefore halting their ungodly efforts and scattering them to the 4 winds.

In Matthew 6:6-7, Jesus says, "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do." He said nothing here about praying in tongues, in a supposed unrecognizable language even you can not understand.

So maybe you can elaborate further on this topic, if you haven't already, in another post.

The other concern I have is the assertion that the Canaanite god of "Baal Berith", or "El-Berith", an iteration of the Cananite god "Hadad" should even be associated with Yahweh. The Canaanites were known to worship many gods and were in no way followers of the one true god. They were pagan god worshipers. Also, "Baal is the name given to several different deities who are designated as false gods or idols. However, it is most often used to describe the specific Canaanite-Phoenician god of fertility and rain. Additionally, Baal is associated with Beezlebub, demons, and the devil". Is not using this name to reference the one true living god heresy and blasphemy?

That's it! I enjoyed reading your post and look forward to reading what comes next.

edit on 6-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Hi Charlest2, thanks for your participation. Glad that working with the sacred name YHWH has been beneficial for you, it's truly a wonderful focus for meditation.

When it comes to praying in tongues, I recognise that in some quarters there is hesitancy & uncertainty regarding the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Praying in tongues is a multiplicitously beneficial gifting. Although we cannot understand the tongue that we speak in utterances of the Spirit, there is a companion gift of 'interpretation of tongues'. St Paul said that praying in tongues is generally a personal gifting that should not be used openly in church gatherings, because people who visit the church from outside the community may find the atmosphere strange & unintelligible, perhaps even thinking that the people praying are drunk or high on drugs. No, praying in tongues is a generally private gifting - UNLESS you are feeling a strong anointing of the Holy Spirit while you are praying out in tongues, AND you receive an immediate prophetic interpretation of what the spoken tongues prayer actually meant. God provides the interpretation if we wait upon Him when we are feeling the anointing in the Spirit when praying in tongues. So generaly, we use the gift privately, or when praying one on one with others who are in need of a word from God. Praying in tongues strengthens our inner man, making us strong to fight spiritual battles, making us keen with greater insight when praying for others, preparing our hearts to hear a word from God or to see a vision in our mind's eye which is relevant to the person we are praying for. When we see a vision in this manner we receive an instant interpretation of what it means in the context of the life of the person we are praying for. So generally, praying in tongues strengthens us in our spirit man, making us ready for all confrontation with the Enemy, making us more able to hear from God in special & unique ways. It is a way of strengthening ourselves in a truly meaningful way. It is a wonderful gift - when we don't know what to pray, the Spirit speaks on our behalf, with utterances & groanings beyond our understanding. Then, in certain times, we can ask for the interpretation of what was said, if we felt a particular anointing when praying in the other tongues. The Holy Spirit will always reveal prophetic utterances either through oneself, or through a person standing with us in prayer, sometimes the interpretation comes through the other person. It is very clear to me, after many years of the gift of tongues, that it is a legitimate gifting of the Holy Spirit, listed by St Paul in the Scripture, known to be powerful for rising up & challenging the darkness by making us strong inwardly, making us confident, making us purer in heart. I truly hope you will give the gift of tongues a chance, because it is highly beneficial to one's spiritual walk. It is often the opener of the gateway towards communion with the Lord in a wonderful, deeply moving & powerful way. We pray in tongues as the worship music plays, and we are blessed with the clear & powerful anointing of the Holy Spirit, we continue to worship & pray out in tongues, and the power just keeps on rising. Truly a wonderful gift of the Lord, helping us into communion with Him.

As for the Yahweh Berith comment, I tried to elucidate what was meant in the scripture which is quoted in the OP. Basically, the Canaanites had this concept of their Baal as making some sort of covenant with them. The LORD responded by assuming the epithet they had chosen for their god, and catalysing it so it became part of the holy repertoire of His own epithets, basically knocking the Baal off his pedestal & taking the name for Himself, pushing the Enemy into the dirt & demonstrating that the only God who can make a true covenant with Mankind is the Lord Almighty, YHWH, El Shaddai, God of the Mountains (however you want to think of the confrontation represented here, the name El Shaddai evokes a sense of deep & enduring power, the strength of the mountains in His name, able to defeat any who challenge His authority over the Created Order. He knocked the Baal into the dust, and catalysed the name to make it holy, to make it true & meaningful for His own followers to understand the covenant nature of their relationship with God.

I hope that clears up the questions you posed. I know you might disagree that the gift of tongues is a requisite for contact with the LORD, but really, it helps greatly to stir up the Holy Spirit in one's own heart. It is listed by St Paul as a gift that is useful in the context of the faith he espoused. If you haven't experienced the gift before & want to give it a try, the best way to do this is to attend a church where the gifts of the Holy Spirit are in evidence, and to ask their prayer team to surrround you with a number of people ready to pray for your to receive the gift. For me, there were around eight people praying for me, all praying in tongues or speaking out in English a declaration that I would receive the gift. As the prayer continued, I felt the power of God fall upon me, and as I opened my mouth to speak the speech was automatic, a new language that was cogent & yet unrecognisable. The manifest presence of the Spirit was apparent, He was definitely present in that moment, and He gave me the utterance which came from the prayer. I was then able to pray independently in tongues thereafter, though it was a while before I figured out how to interpret the tongues that were spoken. But the gift has great power, and should be exercised daily to maintain your close connection with the Lord.

Thanks again for taking part.

FITO.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well,
My nature is based on the more basic characteristics of materially tangible and logical reasoning and tend to shy away from what I can not rationally explain. This doesn't mean I am right in all maters but that I tend to reject what is not satisfactorily proven to my core instincts.

I do know we are the creations of a living god but I don't think we are any closer to him if we pray in a tongue so foreign to us that we ourselves can't even understand. That just is not logical to me. I do know our mind is a complex and miraculous creation that can be manipulated, both internally and externally, into believing what is not real or rational, (my sister swore by Jesus she had bedbugs in her house once but there were no bedbugs and never were) LOL, and my present belief is that one that does do this, speak in tongues, are more inclined to have been manipulated into a hysterical frenzy, or mental chaos to begin babbling sounds and syllables that have no meaning whatsoever. Yes, I will say it. Hysterical babblings, either internally or externally induced. People are fragile creatures and can be easily manipulated into believing a myriad of false ideas and/or perceptions. Who of Moses or the prophets spoke to God in tongues? Did Jesus Christ himself speak to his father in tongues? I guess that question will have to be left to the mystery surrounding our God.

As far as finding a truly legitimate Christian church these days, good luck with that. The decline and/or bastardization of all of the denominations is clearly seen now. Even Christ's original church. More especially his original church. They elected an apostate pope. This is one reason I think we are living in the end times. Persecution is becoming rampant.

Also not logical to me is that our omnipotent living god would assume the name or identity of his nemesis. That just does not compute in my feeble mind. To me, doing this has as much potential to elevate Baal to a godhead status than as to visualizing to us God's defeat of him. Satan is the consummate liar and deceiver. He will use any means necessary to deceive us into believing he is our savior while he has temporary domain here on earth. Even to inject his mane into our belief of who God is or what our God is called. I just can not see God doing this. He is omnipotent and doesn't need to do this.

I am not that well read in scripture so I'm relying on my gut instinct more than biblical research here.

I do know for certain one venue God speaks to us. When we are asleep and in our dreams, or subconscious visions. In so doing, he vividly showed me the evil within me and forewarned me, and I didn't have to speak to him in tongues to witness this either. LOL Pardon my pun.

God knows what's in our hearts! Keep the faith! Don't let go!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
To be clear to whomsoever. There is no other Name for salvation for all ages of mankind than the Name of Jesus Acts4)- pronounced exactly as the spelling is

“In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.”Hebrews1

“Egyptian is a language so ancient that it makes almost everything else on language
lists look like a trendy blip

The Egyptians call water by the name of Mo, and such as are saved out of it, by the name of Uses: so by putting these two words together, they imposed this name upon him. Hence Jesus (who came in the Name of His Father) is essentially God saves

Use the cobra hieroglyph for ‘dj’ sounds as in ‘Jeremy’ or ‘Jenny’.

The cobra sign is also used for soft ‘g’ sounds like ‘George’.
In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. Is19

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up John3

The words "I AM That I AM" comes from true Hebrew-
"EHJEH ASHER EHJEH". (Pronounced I-JE Asher I-JE)
Not Yiddish, Assyrian or Babylonian

He wasn't saying that His Name was "EHJEH ASHER EHJEH", but rather He was speaking a sentence that basically says "I am JE the beginning”

The Assyrian god of YHVH/YHWH is bisexual & transgender

The 4 letters YHWH/YHVH & all the translations from it are all Babylonian Aramaic.

YHWH/YHVH is actually the tetragrammaton name of Baal

Witches & satanists chant the 4 letters of YHWH/YHVH! They are actually chanting the name of their pagan moon god Allah/YHWH!

Each Chaldean Letter of the 4 letters YHWH/YHVH are present on Witchcraft Tarot Card.

No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit” 1Cor12

For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Rom10

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and domination, and every Name, that is named, not in this world only, but also in that that is to come, Eph1

The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name. Zech14

edit on 7-9-2024 by Oxidaddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

As far as finding a truly legitimate Christian church these days, good luck with that. The decline and/or bastardization of all of the denominations is clearly seen now. Even Christ's original church. More especially his original church. They elected an apostate pope.

I feel the need to elaborate on this comment just a little. In this current writings of yours. You do not indicate the particular denomination to which you associate and for my purposes here, it is irrelevant.

The point I feel the need to elaborate here is that a person is more than readily inclined to look for and condemn the faults in other denominations they do not associate with but are far less, or nonexistently inclined to look inward and examine their own chosen denomination for inaccuracies or conflicting precepts to God's word, or even to intentionally bastardize God's original word, decrees and intent for purely gainful purposes. I.E., John Smith and the Mormon as an example.

I believe one should continually examine and evaluate their own chosen denomination to continually assure themselves that they aren't being blindly lead into following a false interpretation or teaching of God's word. To be constantly vigilant is a virtue and a path to true enlightenment and fulfillment without being lead astray.

Some would argue here that the original King James bible is a misinterpretation of God's word but I believe it is the most accurate and best source for anyone to compare their teachings to, other than the original Aramaic texts. Comparing to any of the more recent interpretations, in my opinion, is ill-advised.

As I said, I think all mainstream denominations have gone astray and I can't ascribe to any of them now. I'm most inclined to follow Eastern Orthodoxy than any other.

top topics

join