It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky goes medical marijuana Jan 1 2025

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So Kentucky is going to allow medical marijuana...which will require you to go to the doctor every 2 months for a prescription if you meet the conditions....cancer, ptsd, epilepsy, chronic pain, etc.

You can buy flower, but under the new law, smoking it is prohibited. A good dry herb vaporizer will get you past this.

I am sure that, like most other states, the dispensaries will charge prices that most people can't really afford.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I am sure that, like most other states, the dispensaries will charge prices that most people can't really afford.

No doubt you are correct. I know someone who got a doctor's script for MM back around 2000 and it was $379.00 for a once-a-day one moth supply. Probably not as good as the street stuff either.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
So Kentucky is going to allow medical marijuana...which will require you to go to the doctor every 2 months for a prescription if you meet the conditions....cancer, ptsd, epilepsy, chronic pain, etc.

You can buy flower, but under the new law, smoking it is prohibited. A good dry herb vaporizer will get you past this.

That’s just crazy. Every 2 months? Can buy but can’t smoke? WTH 🤦‍♂️

My state is madical only but the prices are very low and you just need to renew license every 2 years. Hopefully they’ll eventually legalize it federally.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

No doubt you are correct. I know someone who got a doctor's script for MM back around 2000 and it was $379.00 for a once-a-day one moth supply. Probably not as good as the street stuff either.
That’s a ridiculous amount of money. Who could afford that? Where is that at?

Here in OK it’s $100 every 2 years and $35 if you’re on disability as I am. The potency in most states where it’s legal is actually much better than anything you could get back in the day on the streets.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It will eventually roll over all the other states and Federal decriminalization is in the works.

Although the states really REALLY want the taxes on it..

So feds would like that as well.

We are in an odd position in Montana where it was decriminalized to grow personally a few years ago and with a tax stamp you can open a dispensary for non medical.

So I can grow 4 adult plants and 12 seedlings, which is not categorized yet by law what a seedling and an adult is.

You can grow it, but it has to be kept locked up and not allowed to be seen publicly.

So you can grow a pound or two of buds...

But transporting it is illegal still because of Federal law.

So although you can grow a pound for personal use, taking a half ounce to your friend can land you in jail.

My perspective on this might be a little unique because I am not a smoker... don't like the experience.

I prefer peyote.

But!!!

I have figured out a way to make a beer edible and I would love the laws to change to where I could sell it.

It will all eventually sort itself out, one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I do have a question.....

The VA will not prescribe marijuana because it is illegal under federal law....

So will medicare pay for people to go to the doctor to get a marijuana prescription?
edit on R482024-09-04T21:48:45-05:00k489Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

EDIT: the short answer is no. So you have to pay out of pocket every 2 months for a prescription.
edit on R042024-09-04T22:04:56-05:00k049Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Where is that at?

Idaho, and that was 24 years ago. I don't know anyone in the state that uses now-at least not medical.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here in Michigan it's all legal. We've surpassed California as the largest cannabis market. Even my very elderly parents cleared it with their doctor to take a small amount in gummy form for sleep and arthritis pain. Cracks me up when they text that they need a refill from the dispensary. They really noted an improvement. Just so you know, for elderly people, they are in their 80s, they do not recommend over 5mg at a time. As my parents are old school strait laced people they were never weed smokers, so that amount works for them.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It will eventually roll over all the other states and Federal decriminalization is in the works.

I, personally think that's the long range plan. It will make the people think they won a round,regulate the hell out of it, numb people up even more to what's going on in government and then 20-40-60 years down the road they can decide that like cigarettes it's really bad for us and tax the sh#t out of it.

Another aspect is 2A. There are already states that don't allow ownership if you're known to embibe in MJ, use drugs, even prescritption psychotropics. Other states have made mention of passing such laws, so that would be a HUGE plus to end 2A in another decade or two.
I'm waatching to see what other states want to join in those efforts.

If the government legalizes it there will be a long-range goal that isn't for the benefit of the people.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Maybe I’ll go back to Libertarian events. Hopefully they will stop talking about it.

Our damn country falling apart to authoritarianism from RINOs and Dems and all they care about in the meetings was this topic.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

We in Oregon also have farming for personal consumption which I see as the way it should be. However even that is to hard for a lot of people so they just continue to buy. My wife and I accept our friends and neighbors shake and turn it into brownie flower. However. When you said you prefer peyote. I would say, tell me more but recall you said you would not reply to any of my post again so I just want you to know the grand chuckle you offered me with that one.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I can get good midgrade flower here in Oregon for around $25 an ounce when it's on sale. Of course, they have more potent stuff at higher prices. My candy is this stuff called diamonds that is a pure cannabis extract with around 80% thc. I buy it under recreational while a medical will get you a lower price but you have to pay a government fee and a doctor to get it at the medicinal price.
edit on 2024 9 4 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Another aspect is 2A. There are already states that don't allow ownership if you're known to embibe in MJ, use drugs, even prescritption psychotropics. Other states have made mention of passing such laws, so that would be a HUGE plus to end 2A in another decade or two. I'm waatching to see what other states want to join in those efforts.

My state passed a law that they will not take away your right to own a firearm if you have a medical license.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Does MM work for anxiety?

I have a 90 year old relative who suffers from non-Alzheimers, non-dementia (as diagnosed by her physician and her neurologist) memory issues derived from severe anxiety and self-esteem issues. Psychotherapy (cognitive behavioral therapy, CBT) has not helped much in the 9 months we've been trying it. Her therapist says she's very stubborn and resistant to adopting therapeutic techniques like controlled breathing and self-calming.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
Does MM work for anxiety?

I have a 90 year old relative who suffers from non-Alzheimers, non-dementia (as diagnosed by her physician and her neurologist) memory issues derived from severe anxiety and self-esteem issues. Psychotherapy (cognitive behavioral therapy, CBT) has not helped much in the 9 months we've been trying it. Her therapist says she's very stubborn and resistant to adopting therapeutic techniques like controlled breathing and self-calming.

Yes it does. I would start with a quality CBD, you can add gummies with thc if that doesn’t work. That combination is used a lot for people with anxiety and depression.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It started with Medical here in MI.
And yes, they were stupid high with the prices.
But we kept pushing and a couple years later, we now have it legal.

We can grow 12 plants per person!
And they are selling it really cheap in a lot of the stores.
Happily, one of the big corps that thought they were going to take over went bust.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Depends on the person, and the strain.

Personally, sativa's make me paranoid as heck.
But Indica's keep me calm and happy.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Can't imagine restrictions. In Michigan we got stores every mile or so.

You can have up to 2 ounces. No questions. Just don't drive while high.

36 states...and Canada....are already legal. No issues. TONS of taxes made for each state.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The store prices in Canada are moderate to expensive.

The black market however you can get Oz of bud for 40$ or a quarter POUND of extracts for 1000$ the extract is between 70-99 pure thc. Live resin up to diamonds.

Works out to slightly over 8$ per gram of live resin/shatter CDN black market
The store price for the same is 35-45$

The black market stuff sometimes the exact same brand name products they sell in the stores but with consistency problems, too runny, too hard ect. But with any black market there is risk of cuts and fillers

In my experience it’s hard to fake diamond and shatter because of consistency but live resin and rosin is FREQUENTLY faked and cut.

It’s extremely common for places to cut live resin 50/50 vaseline. It gets hidden by pungent turpenes and it smokes off the nail the same as any resin. So if your buying black market I would advice avoid resin and rosin.

So know your products and be familiar with them. Like anything you use or consume.

edit on 5-9-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Now that it's legal both rec and med, I seldom partake. The counterculture vibe is gone except for some very interesting laboratory creations of the "God Particle" variety and the "magic cactus" blessings from the desert.
However with 8 adult plants per person, that no one adheres to, the horticulture community has grown with the cars parked outside and lights in the garage, spare bedrooms and sheds out back/greenhouses... Grower conclaves in the community center bringing all sorts of diverse people together....that's a good thing!!

edit on 5-9-2024 by lilzazz because: i wanted to

top topics

<<   2 >>

join