It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pair Employed By RT Indicted For Funneling Money to Tennessee Media Company.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The unnamed Tennessee-based company that the Justice Department alleges was being funded by Russian operatives working as part of a Kremlin-orchestrated influence operation targeting the 2024 US election is Tenet Media, which is linked to right-wing commentators with millions of subscribers on YouTube and other social media platforms, according to a US official briefed on the matter.

The indictment unsealed in New York’s Southern District accused two employees of RT, the Kremlin’s media arm, of funneling nearly $10 million to an unidentified company, described only as “Company 1” in court documents.

Among the commentators listed on Tenet Media’s website are right-wing personalities Benny Johnson and Tim Pool. Both have millions of subscribers on YouTube and other social media platforms. Pool interviewed Trump on his podcast in May.

In separate statements released Wednesday, Johnson and Pool said they were victims of the alleged scheme and said they maintained editorial control of the content they had created.

“We are disturbed by the allegations in today’s indictment, which make clear that myself and other influencers were victims in this alleged scheme,” Johnson wrote in a post on X.

It seems Russia is funding conservative influencers.

They seem to like exploiting our freedom to speak freely and using it to weaken our national cohesion, or march us into a cold or hot civil war. At very least promote that which turns us against globalism for isolationism and Nationalism. Using parallel thought where applicable. Perhaps with the goal of giving Russia Ukraine when we cut support or possibly withdraw from NATO altogether.

Not to mention the army of bots and trolls they employ to influence the comment sections of western media.

I'm looking over Tim Pool's culture wars podcast episode list, and he is hitting all the points that would be well received in many environments. Same old thing you'd expect to find on any conservative YouTube. Definitely doesn't need Russia to be promoted.

So why is Russia funding social media and reactionary influencers to their own ends? And what ends come from promoting right-leaning rhetoric?

Does it piss anyone else off they exploit our freedoms to do this? Or use our lack of media repression and free exchange to fund our division?

Putin is easy to read. The simplistic little man says he prefers Biden or Harris, and then funds media calling her The NWO.

I knew the Russians played chess, I just only suspected they also had a large number of our pawns unwittingly on their payroll too.

Now it's confirmed... maybe.

There could still be a built-in DARVO clause yet to be triggered. Where the bias DOJ is being corrupt and trying to discredit conservative media by saying it's being funded by Russian state media. The DOJ is "once again" trying to influence our politics by saying Russia is using right-wing media to influence the elections.

It seems like the organic counter for this accusation that will arise as a matter of conditioning.
edit on 4-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Statement from Tim Pool:

Should these allegations prove true, I as well as the other personalities and commentators were deceived and are victims. I cannot speak for anyone else at the company as to what they do or to what they are instructed

The Culture War Podcast was licensed by Tenet Media, it existed well before any license agreement with Tenet and it will continue to exist after any such agreement expires. The only change with the agreement was that the location of the live broadcast moved to Tenet's Youtube Channel. I and TCW never produced any content for Tenet Media.

Never at any point did anyone other than I have full editorial control of the show and the contents of the show are often apolitical. Examples include discussing spirituality, dating, and videos games.

The show is produced in its entirety by our local team without input from anyone external to the company TCW is separate company not associated with Timcast.com or other properties. It exists solely for the production of the Culture War Podcast

That being said, we still do not know what is true as these are only allegations.

Putin is a scumbag, Russia sucks donkey balls

And to the journalists who wish to jump the gun, create their own narrative, or lie about what is currently going on,

you can eat my irish ass

Source

I guess we'll have to see more details in this case.

It's interesting that this is getting so much media attention while Chinese and Iranian spies in government offices and agencies barely get mentioned at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Liberals this desperate again? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We already know from past performance when Democrats emphasize this, it means they themselves are the real ones behind it. 🤣🤣🤣

The proven hoaxes from recent years all have Democrats as the instigators.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Huh, he says that now, yet there is video of him railing over how "evil" Ukraine is,

And in this clip that Putin is "the greatest President" and must "nuke Ukraine".

Ummm ok Tim. So besides lying about what he thinks of Putin and Russia, he just "happened" to push their very own talking points. 🤣🤣

Link

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good, now let's expose the companies Chinese is influencing.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Deja vu.

Who was it that said 'Show me the man and I'll show you the crime'? I have zero doubt the day is coming when any amount of required 'evidence' will be manufactured via AI and CGI.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Give me one single solitary LOGICAL Reason Vladimir Putin would support a Trump Presidency .

If you can I'll star and flag your post.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

LOL clown.

Do you a clip of the full context of what he was talking about instead 3 seconds?

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Lol, okay.

I'll give you one if you don't reward my answer.

Trump threatens to cut US aid to Ukraine quickly if reelected

There's one. Plus he plays Don Trump with NATO for being light on their MIC weapons orders and threatens to remove us from the treaty.

Come on now, what logic is there in Czar Putin being okay with the status quo of American missile shields in Poland? Harris is the PREDICTABLE NATO STATUS QUO. The one that funds Ukraine's war and helps them towards joining. The one he loathes.

Trump is not that. If i controlled a country that positions itself primarily against NATO, I'd probably silently applaud the isolationist globally withdrawn goals of a Trump America too.

Because it's the one that shelves it's costly world police sh*t and focuses on trade wars with Ottowa instead.
edit on 4-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

SoOoOo...

Just more projection from the left.

The left who went to the Soviet Union and said it should be replicated in America in the 60's.

The same left who reached out to the Soviet Union to attempt to influence the Reagan election.

(Yes, it was a Kennedy).

The same left who sold uranium to Russia to make a bit of cash,,,, Clintons.

The same Clintons who sold military technology in the 80's to the Chinese.

The same left who made a ton of money recently on the taxpayer's expense in the Ukraine.

Dunno why you would think that Russia would fund American Conservatives.

Unless they think that by doing so, they might probably fend off a nuclear exchange.

Which would be in both of our best interests...

Not that you could think about that.

Or think, actually.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Re: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

I believe your thread title is in error. Was THE MEDIA COMPANY "indicted" as the title states?

Somebody confirm or deny this, so I'll know whether to report this thread to ADMIN or not.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Good catch... editing now.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Where talking abught guys who run a podcast about spirituality, dating, and videos games?

That's who Russia is using to brain wash Americans?

I don't know who to feel sorry for the most.

My children I guess.

Putin is a scumbag, Russia sucks donkey balls.

Donkey balls?

edit on 4-9-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: WeMustCare

Good catch... editing now.

SUPER! Am glad you're watching your thread the first 2 hours, when editing is available.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Give me one single solitary LOGICAL Reason Vladimir Putin would support a Trump Presidency .

If you can I'll star and flag your post.

Because Trump says he would end the war on his first day in office by basically giving Crimea and Donbas back to Russia, freezing the lines of conflict in place, and essentially giving Putin everything he wants in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

🤣 you call me a clown? You've never seen his Twitter or his Timcasts?

Or this one? Hard to ask for more context.
link

You're awful mad at me that he and the media company were paid 100s of thousands of dollars to push Russian propaganda. Should be mad at him for 1, either faking you out and just doing it for cash,not believing it but wanting you to, or 2 now lying about his stance.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

But the war would be over? People will stop dieing?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I'm not mad at you.

I'm laughing at you.

Ukraine has been one of the most corrupt countries in Europe for decades.

They are not our allies. They are a money laundering operation for the establishment.

That doesn't make Russia good.

Think of it like Al-Qaeda and the Taliban fighting each other.

Neither are our friends.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am not familiar with Tenet Media (but I am familiar with CNN).

The indictment unsealed in New York’s Southern District accused two employees of RT, the Kremlin’s media arm, of funneling nearly $10 million to an unidentified company, described only as “Company 1” in court documents.

I guess the NY courts couldn't find anyone else who took out a bank loan and paid it back with interest.

I'm a little unclear on what the crime is here, unless Company 1 is the CIA.

Two people funnel(?) money to a Tenet Media(?). The use of the word funnel leads me to assume they didn't show up with briefcases full of cash. It must have gone through some legitimate channels. The indictment appears to accuse the two employees of RT. Is Tenet Media being accused of any wrongdoing?

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Do you want a reason or proof. As proof can be very convoluted and I don't wish to delve that deeply into it at this time all I will offer is a solitary logical reason. Here it is. Putin knows what a dingbat Trump is and knows that he owns him simply by pretending to be his friend.

edit on 194399102024Sep2024-09-04T22:39:25-05:002220242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join